1. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    22 Jul '14 12:22
    There is a nice site which provides caluclation, where things end up after being dropped things into the oceans 🙂

http://www.adrift.org.au
  2. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    22 Jul '14 12:25
    Somewhere else?
  3. Standard memberChessPraxis
    Cowboy From Hell
    American West
    Moves
    23 Jul '14 05:33
    Mine ended up in the blowhole of a huge whale, killing it. 😞
  4. Joined
    10 May '07
    Moves
    23 Jul '14 06:461 edit
    I don't think I do this right, the duck stays right where I leave it. What else should I do?
  5. Wat?
    Moves
    23 Jul '14 06:48
    Originally posted by lolof
    I don't think I do this right, the duck stays right where I leave it. What else should I do?
    Wait for the tide to go out, for 6 hours, and then place it gently in the water. 😉

-m.
  6. Standard memberlemon lime
    itiswhatitis
    oLd ScHoOl
    Moves
    23 Jul '14 06:52
    Originally posted by ChessPraxis
    Your rubber duck died? Sorry to hear about that. My rubber ducky died in a horrible bathtub accident...

it was an accident!
  7. Account suspended
    Moves
    23 Jul '14 13:57
    It may find its Wilson---
    http://static.rogerebert.com/redactor_assets/pictures/far-flung-correspondents/the-pursuit-of-powerlessness/Cast_Away_Wilson_face.jpg
  8. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    23 Jul '14 14:43
    Originally posted by lemon lime
    Your rubber duck died? Sorry to hear about that. My rubber ducky died in a horrible bathtub accident...

it was an accident!
    Hear that knock at your door? It's the police. It's futile to even think of escape they have the place surrounded so you might as well just open the door and go quietly. If you need a "good" lawyer call me at 555-5556 ext 55. I live in the eastern time zone of North America so if you are not near that zone please be advised that my hours of operation are between 8 a.m. and 10 a.m. Otherwise I'll be on the golf course. Just leave a message.
  9. Standard memberlemon lime
    itiswhatitis
    oLd ScHoOl
    Moves
    24 Jul '14 03:16
    Originally posted by Great Big Stees
    Hear that knock at your door? It's the police. It's futile to even think of escape they have the place surrounded so you might as well just open the door and go quietly. If you need a "good" lawyer call me at 555-5556 ext 55. I live in the eastern time zone of North America so if you are not near that zone please be advised that my hours of operation are between 8 a.m. and 10 a.m. Otherwise I'll be on the golf course. Just leave a message.
    Thanks, I'll keep you in mind if the rubber ducky homicide squad show up and take me downtown for questioning. I have friends down at city hall so I might be able to call in a few favors, but you never know... they usually all hide behind their desks whenever they get wind of a rubber ducky murder investigation.

There's a lot of public sympathy for rubber duckies where I live, but really, I'm not kidding you... it was an accident!
  10. Standard memberlemon lime
    itiswhatitis
    oLd ScHoOl
    Moves
    24 Jul '14 04:17
    "It was a dark and stormy night. Suddenly, a shot rang out! A door slammed. The maid screamed. Suddenly, a rubber ducky appeared on the horizon! While millions of people were starving, the king lived in luxury. Meanwhile, on a small farm in Kansas, a boy was growing up."
  11. Standard memberlemon lime
    itiswhatitis
    oLd ScHoOl
    Moves
    24 Jul '14 06:45
    Originally posted by ChessPraxis
    Oh, you mean it killed the whale!

How could that kill a whale? If a rubber duck got stuck in my blow hole all I'd have to do is blow. You know how to blow, don't you? You just pucker up and whistle*

*fart
  12. Standard memberlemon lime
    itiswhatitis
    oLd ScHoOl
    Moves
    24 Jul '14 18:53
    "It was a dark and stormy night. Suddenly, a shot rang out! A door slammed. The maid screamed. Suddenly, a rubber ducky appeared on the horizon! While millions of people were starving, the king lived in luxury. Meanwhile, on a small farm in Kansas, a boy was growing up."
    ... and then he farted.
  13. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    24 Jul '14 20:54
    ... and then he farted.
    And here I thought it might have been me. What a relief.
  14. In your face
    Moves
    24 Jul '14 23:58
    Originally posted by lolof
    "Creative Commons License
    Adrift.org.au is intended as an educational site. It should not be used for any policy decisions and comes without any warranty. Any inquiries should be directed to Dr Erik van Sebille at the University of New South Wales. Support for this site is provided by the ARC Centre of Excellence for Climate System Science and the NeCTAR Research Cloud."
  15. Standard memberlemon lime
    itiswhatitis
    oLd ScHoOl
    Moves
    25 Jul '14 01:531 edit
    Originally posted by Great Big Stees
    And here I thought it might have been me. What a relief.
    If you're feeling relief then it very well might have been you.

naw... it was me

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree