1. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    30 Jul '14 03:35
    http://foxnewsinsider.com/2014/07/29/irs-strikes-deal-atheists-target-religious-political-activity

We all know that church goers tend to be more conservative than on average, so they seem to be the next political target by the Progressive KGB.
  2. Subscribershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    30 Jul '14 05:27
    Well, makes a change from those bastards targetting clinics.
  3. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    30 Jul '14 06:26
    Originally posted by shavixmir
    Well, makes a change from those bastards targetting clinics.
    Yeah! Save the Babies!

HalleluYah !!!
  4. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    30 Jul '14 08:51
    Originally posted by whodey
    http://foxnewsinsider.com/2014/07/29/irs-strikes-deal-atheists-target-religious-political-activity

We all know that church goers tend to be more conservative than on average, so they seem to be the next political target by the Progressive KGB.
    the text of the article is "slightly" different than the title. and by slightly i mean it's completely different.

churches (they shouldn't be exempt from taxes, but that's another discussion) shouldn't be used for political reasons. the article says the IRS will look into this matter to make sure this is true. that's it. there is no machiavellian conspiracy here. you either pay taxes or you abide by the restrictions that come with not paying taxes.

i would rather tax them like any other for profit organization and then let them say what ever they want, politically or not. but i might as well wish for a pink unicorn too.
  5. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    30 Jul '14 10:501 edit
    Originally posted by Zahlanzi
    the text of the article is "slightly" different than the title. and by slightly i mean it's completely different.

churches (they shouldn't be exempt from taxes, but that's another discussion) shouldn't be used for political reasons. the article says the IRS will look into this matter to make sure this is true. that's it. there is no machiavellian consp ...[text shortened]... m say what ever they want, politically or not. but i might as well wish for a pink unicorn too.
    So it's not a Machiavellian conspiracy here like lying to us about health care? We are not being lied to by the IRS? Is that why they lost all their computer hard drives at the same time and broke policy by destroying them?

You are the one in need of a tin foil hat, not me.

That aside, the NAACP has a tax exempt status. Funny thing is though, there is not a Republican among them and they use their voice to attack groups like the Tea Party as being racists, a charge that is unfounded and highly political in nature.

The trouble with the far left is, you have no moral compass. Wrong is right and right is wrong and all you care about is abject power.
  6. Joined
    24 Apr '10
    Moves
    30 Jul '14 11:07
    Originally posted by whodey
    So it's not a Machiavellian conspiracy here like lying to us about health care? We are not being lied to by the IRS? Is that why they lost all their computer hard drives at the same time and broke policy by destroying them?

You are the one in need of a tin foil hat, not me.

That aside, the NAACP has a tax exempt status. Funny thing is though, there i ...[text shortened]... ave no moral compass. Wrong is right and right is wrong and all you care about is abject power.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Association_for_the_Advancement_of_Colored_People

The Internal Revenue Service informed the NAACP in October 2004 that it was investigating its tax-exempt status based on Julian Bond's speech at its 2004 Convention in which he criticized President George W. Bush as well as other political figures. In general, the US Internal Revenue Code prohibits organizations granted tax-exempt status from "directly or indirectly participating in, or intervening in, any political campaign on behalf of (or in opposition to) any candidate for elective public office." The NAACP denounced the investigation as retaliation for its success in increasing the number of African Americans who vote. In August 2006, the IRS investigation concluded with the agency's finding "that the remarks did not violate the group's tax-exempt status."

Bunch of racists!

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree