1. Standard memberSeitse
    Doug Stanhope
    That's Why I Drink
    Moves
    30 Jul '14 21:401 edit
    So, our taxes going into that rogue joke of an organization
    called the U.N. pay for "schools" and "hospitals" which are
    just other type of hideouts for the benefit of the terrorists.

http://www.timesofisrael.com/3-idf-soldiers-killed-in-booby-trapped-unrwa-clinic/

No mercy. I used to hate war but this is a fair one. The IDF must
    go all the way until reaching the Egyptian border, leaving behind not
    a single leaf of grass standing.

We shall prevail. And to all of you terrorism-loving, closteted-Hamas
    trashbags... watch and see how we do it.

I just sent an email asking if I can relist at the reserves despite
    my age. I am so freakin' hot for using a Glock on a Hamas dog.

Crossing fingers. If I get the go ahead, i'll post pics holding a
    coward's head.
  2. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    30 Jul '14 21:57
    Don't hate. Do what needs to be done, but don't hate them. There are rules for doing these things. Read the Torah.
  3. Standard memberSeitse
    Doug Stanhope
    That's Why I Drink
    Moves
    30 Jul '14 22:011 edit
    Originally posted by AThousandYoung
    Don't hate. Do what needs to be done, but don't hate them. There are rules for doing these things. Read the Torah.
    Spot on. Thank, bro.

Yup, no hate, dude. Just love for our right to exist and to have
    a home. More than 2,000 years of persecution are enough.
    It's time to fight.

Good for finance? Yeah, it's not because we're greedy. The
    pre-Italian kingdoms banned us from everything except lending
    money, so we got good at the only option they gave us.

Occupiers? We were also there thousands of years ago.
    Moreover, the British Empire created this mess, not us.
    But when we got a home, it's rightful to defend it.

Inhumane? What other army in the world calls the targets
    and throws pamphlets asking for people to leave? Also,
    our doctors treat EVEN the sons and daughters of the
    terrorists.

Our people's constitution does not say that we ought to
    cleanse them. Their charter does.

Enough.
  4. Standard memberfinnegan
    GENS UNA SUMUS
    Moves
    30 Jul '14 23:11
    The IDF must go all the way until reaching the Egyptian border, leaving behind not a single leaf of grass standing.
    What this advocates is the killing of 1.82 million people in a territory where Israel is the occupying power.
  5. Account suspended
    Moves
    30 Jul '14 23:171 edit

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

6. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    30 Jul '14 23:50
    Originally posted by finnegan
    The IDF must go all the way until reaching the Egyptian border, leaving behind not a single leaf of grass standing.
    What this advocates is the killing of 1.82 million people in a territory where Israel is the occupying power.
    Good thing nobody elected Seitse to govern Israel.
  7. Standard memberDeepThought
    Losing the Thread
    Quarantined World
    Moves
    31 Jul '14 00:06
    Originally posted by Seitse
    So, our taxes going into that rogue joke of an organization
    called the U.N. pay for "schools" and "hospitals" which are
    just other type of hideouts for the benefit of the terrorists.

http://www.timesofisrael.com/3-idf-soldiers-killed-in-booby-trapped-unrwa-clinic/

No mercy. I used to hate war but this is a fair one. The IDF must
    go all the way until ...[text shortened]... Hamas dog.

Crossing fingers. If I get the go ahead, i'll post pics holding a
    coward's head.
    Read the article subheadline properly before you criticize the UN
    Forces sought to demolish a tunnel entry shaft beneath the clinic, IDF general says; but COGAT, a different branch of the military, says building not registered as belonging to UNRWA
  8. Standard memberfinnegan
    GENS UNA SUMUS
    Moves
    31 Jul '14 00:101 edit
    The spokesperson said the site had not been registered then as belonging to UNRWA, leading to speculation that, perhaps, militants stole the sign and tacked it on the door, posting it as a security umbrella under which a tunnel could be dug.
    Curiously inaccurate headline for this story!
  9. Standard memberfinnegan
    GENS UNA SUMUS
    Moves
    01 Aug '14 09:471 edit
    Worth checking out who are the UNRWA before making a simple point in my next post: http://www.unrwa.org/who-we-are
    The United Nations Relief and Works Agency for Palestine Refugees (UNRWA) is funded almost entirely by voluntary contributions from UN Member States. UNRWA also receives some funding from the Regular Budget of the United Nations, which is used mostly for international staffing costs.

The Agency’s services encompass education, health care, relief and social services, camp infrastructure and improvement, microfinance and emergency assistance, including in times of armed conflict.

ESTABLISHMENT

Following the 1948 Arab-Israeli conflict, UNRWA was established by United Nations General Assembly resolution 302 (IV) of 8 December 1949 to carry out direct relief and works programmes for Palestine refugees. The Agency began operations on 1 May 1950.

In the absence of a solution to the Palestine refugee problem, the General Assembly has repeatedly renewed UNRWA's mandate, most recently extending it until 30 June 2017.

> Read the UN Resolution

PALESTINE REFUGEES

UNRWA is unique in terms of its long-standing commitment to one group of refugees. It has contributed to the welfare and human development of four generations of Palestine refugees, defined as “persons whose normal place of residence was Palestine during the period 1 June 1946 to 15 May 1948, and who lost both home and means of livelihood as a result of the 1948 conflict.” The descendants of Palestine refugee males, including legally adopted children, are also eligible for registration.

UNRWA services are available to all those living in its areas of operations who meet this definition, who are registered with the Agency and who need assistance. When the Agency began operations in 1950, it was responding to the needs of about 750,000 Palestine refugees. Today, some 5 million Palestine refugees are eligible for UNRWA services.

The Gaza Strip is home to a population of more than 1.5 million people, including 1.2 million Palestine refugees.

For the last decade, the socioeconomic situation in Gaza has been in steady decline. Years of conflict and closure have left 80 per cent of the population dependent on international assistance. The tightened blockade, imposed following the Hamas takeover of Gaza in June 2007, has decimated lives and livelihoods, resulting in the impoverishment and de-development of a highly skilled and well-educated society. Despite adjustments made to the blockade by the Government of Israel in June 2010, restrictions on imports and exports continue to severely hamper recovery and reconstruction.

Over half a million Palestine refugees in Gaza live in the eight recognized Palestine refugee camps, which have one of the highest population densities in the world.

The blockade has had a devastating impact on Palestine refugees, including those living in Palestine refugee camps. Unemployment continues to be at unprecedented levels, particularly among young people.

Operating through more than 11,000 staff in over 200 installations across the Gaza Strip, UNRWA delivers education, health care, relief and social services, microcredit and emergency assistance to registered Palestine refugees.

In recent years, the Agency has made significant improvements to its services in Gaza, such as its schools of excellence and excellent health services initiatives. It also better targets its assistance to the poorest of the poor through the implementation of a proxy-means tested poverty survey. UNRWA continues to:

Improve the academic achievement, behaviour and values of school students
    Construct desperately needed infrastructure, including schools and shelters
    Improve the quality and targeting of its food and cash assistance to the poorest of the poor
    Promote gender equality and human rights for all
    Nurture entrepreneurship by supporting the private sector
    FACTS & FIGURES

1,240,082 registered Palestine refugees
    Eight camps
    245 schools with 232,384 pupils
    Two vocational and technical training centres
    22 primary health centres
    Eight community rehabilitation centres
    Ten women’s programme centres
    Figures as of 1 January 2014
  10. Standard memberfinnegan
    GENS UNA SUMUS
    Moves
    01 Aug '14 09:58
    Now here is my point. If the 1.5 million Palestinian refugees in Gaza, of whom 500,000 are in UN refugee camps, take part in any activity at all from kite flying on the beach to rocket firing on Israel, there will be a connection with the UNRWA, because they are the agency that is keeping the Palestinians alive. When the IDF targets UNRWA facilities and relies on the pretext that they are in some way being used by the militants, well that is a good enough reason to blast the entire Gaza strip, and there is nothing the UNRWA can do to dodge the Israeli attacks.

It is not the job of the UNRWA to police the behaviour of 1.5 million Palestinian refugees. Their role does not include police let alone military operations. The resources they are given would never begin to do such a job.

So why are the Israelis so keen to attack this humanitarian organization for failing to do what it is not there to do? Presumably because the Israelis do not like them doing what they are there to do which is providing humanitarian care and support to the refugees - who are of course, refugees FROM ISRAEL - people DRIVEN OUT OF ISRAEL.
    Palestine refugees are defined as “persons whose normal place of residence was Palestine during the period 1 June 1946 to 15 May 1948, and who lost both home and means of livelihood as a result of the 1948 conflict.”

UNRWA services are available to all those living in its area of operations who meet this definition, who are registered with the Agency and who need assistance. The descendants of Palestine refugee males, including adopted children, are also eligible for registration. When the Agency began operations in 1950, it was responding to the needs of about 750,000 Palestine refugees. Today, some 5 million Palestine refugees are eligible for UNRWA services.
    They are refugees from Israel that Israel is attacking still.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree