1. Account suspended
    Moves
    15 Aug '14 12:26
    What do you think?

Reveal Hidden Content
    This is the crucial note---> quote from Wiki::Many shows at the time used these themes as a one-time issue (a "very special episode&quot😉 that would be introduced as a problem at the beginning of an episode and resolved at the end, but on My So-Called Life these issues were part of the continuing storyline. The title of the show alludes to the perception of meaninglessness that many teenagers experience and encapsulates the main theme of the series. The show depicts the teenage years as being difficult and confusing rather than a light, fun-filled time.

I hated Dawson's Creek. I felt most lines were soapy, artificial instructive, hertz-novelish, pathetic, false, bljak.

I loved My So-Called Life. At the time I watched it for the first time in midst 90's, I thought that the series broke two wide-spread misbeliefs...
    Reveal Hidden Content
    misbelief No. 1, that the teenagers are more preocupated with sexthan adults /episode with Angela's parents that got horny inspired by costumes for the ball; misbelief No 2, that girls like nice guys with good grades more than bad guys... 😉 .../
  2. SubscriberDrewnogal
    Constant Gardener
    The Plot
    Moves
    15 Aug '14 20:45

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

3. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    15 Aug '14 21:54
    Originally posted by vandervelde
    What do you think?

[hidden]This is the crucial note---> quote from Wiki::[b]Many shows at the time used these themes as a one-time issue (a "very special episode"😉 that would be introduced as a problem at the beginning of an episode and resolved at the end, but on My So-Called Life these issues were part of the continuing storyline. The title of the s ...[text shortened]... isbelief No 2, that girls like nice guys with good grades more than bad guys... 😉 .../[/hidden]
    What's sexthan?
  4. Account suspended
    Moves
    30 Aug '14 14:43
    I don't believe it: I was sure the series are now "part of common American culture". 😉
  5. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    31 Aug '14 07:16
    Originally posted by vandervelde
    I don't believe it: I was sure the series are now "part of common American culture". 😉
    But the majority of the rest of the world is not part of American common culture.
  6. Account suspended
    Moves
    31 Aug '14 11:36
    Originally posted by divegeester
    But the majority of the rest of the world is not part of American common culture.
    Exactly. Or - in Swedish/Danish/Norwegian - netopp/netop.
    But isn't this an American site? I was hoping to get first-hand opinion from Americans.

😉

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree