23 Aug '14 07:28

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

2. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    23 Aug '14 07:58
    The post that was quoted here has been removed
    At the end of World War Two the British Army 'occupied' Indonesia [or at least some key cities] to buy time for the Dutch to make their return [in 1946] to what had been their colony until the Japanese had taken it from them in 1942. In an effort to fight off the hastily assembled military forces [armed, in many cases, with weapons the Japanese had given them] of the brand new Republic of Indonesia, which had declared its independence a few days after the Japanese surrender, the British at one point had to rearm ~ and fight alongside ~ Japanese troops who had only recently had their weapons confiscated.
  3. Account suspended
    Moves
    23 Aug '14 08:19
    James the sixth of Scotland and First of the Union tried to ban us from drinking whisky and playing football!😲
  4. SubscriberDrewnogal
    Constant Gardener
    The Plot
    Moves
    23 Aug '14 08:54

5. SubscriberDrewnogal
    Constant Gardener
    The Plot
    Moves
    23 Aug '14 08:55

6. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    23 Aug '14 09:10
    I rather think James VI just wanted to see what the Scots were like playing football when they hadn't been drinking whisky.
  7. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    23 Aug '14 09:27
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    James the sixth of Scotland and First of the Union tried to ban us from drinking whisky and playing football!😲
    At the same time, I think it was! Of course 'football' at that time allowed the use of hands, it wasn't till 1863 till modern rules were adopted.

King James was weak physically, maybe he was secretly jealous of the abilities of the players? Physically weak but he spoke 7 languages!
  8. SubscriberDrewnogal
    Constant Gardener
    The Plot
    Moves
    23 Aug '14 10:043 edits

9. Account suspended
    Moves
    23 Aug '14 10:18
    he forgot his roots man, where he came from! may it serve as a lesson to us all!😞
  10. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    23 Aug '14 10:27
    Maybe James VI just wanted to see what else the Scots might do after drinking whisky if playing football were banned.
  11. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    23 Aug '14 11:591 edit
    It repeats itself.

Maybe the daydreaming teacher was dreaming of you? Oh wait, there are no "hot chicks" here in RHP.😲😳
  12. Standard memberHandyAndy
    Read a book!
    Moves
    23 Aug '14 16:33
    I would teach you that learning things by means of a few snappy sentences is a sad symptom of the age. 😕
  13. Standard memberSeitse
    Doug Stanhope
    That's Why I Drink
    Moves
    23 Aug '14 17:34
    I can teach you some pole dancing skills.
  14. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    23 Aug '14 18:28
    Originally posted by Seitse
    I can teach you some pole dancing skills.
    It's history, dude.

History (wikipedia)

The use of a pole for exercise has been traced back at least eight hundred years to the traditional Indian sport of mallakhamb, which utilizes principles of endurance and strength using a wooden pole, wider in diameter than a modern standard pole. The Chinese pole, originating in India, uses two poles on which men would perform “gravity defying tricks” as they leap from pole to pole, at approximately twenty feet in the air.

In the 1920s, traveling circuses and sideshows would utilize pole dancing with a pole in the middle of a tent. Eventually the pole dancing moved from tents to bars, and combined with burlesque dance. The earliest recorded pole dance was in 1968 with a performance by Belle Jangles at Mugwump Strip Club in Oregon. [7]Since the 1980s, the dance pole has increasingly been incorporated into striptease routines, and Go-Go or lap dancing, first in Canada and then in the United States. In the 1990s, pole dancing commenced to be taught as an art and use in fitness exercises. Since then, pole dancing classes have become a popular form of recreational and competitive sport. K.T. Coates, a famed competitive pole dancer, and the International Pole Sport Federation, are currently promoting a campaign to include competitive pole dance in the Olympics in 2016.[8] Numerous competitions exist, including the World Pole Sport Championship, U.S. Pole Federation Championship, and the International Pole Masters Cup Championship.
  15. Standard memberSeitse
    Doug Stanhope
    That's Why I Drink
    Moves
    23 Aug '14 19:28
    Originally posted by JS357
    It's history, dude.
    And I'm history.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree