1. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    30 Aug '14 20:23
    Apology

There have been several instances where Personal Messages have unexpectedly raised the ire of their recipients during my "few months rest sabbatical" since July 28, 2014, with the request not to reply. Please accept my apology. Regards, Bob
  2. Subscribercoquette
    Already mated
    Omaha, Nebraska, USA
    Moves
    30 Aug '14 20:37
    wot?
  3. Standard memberhuckleberryhound
    Devout Agnostic.
    DZ-015
    Moves
    30 Aug '14 21:10
    First of all, it's only been a month, not a few months. Second, i'm guessing you couldn't post in the forum because you were banned, so you pestered people with PMs instead. . .like you did before. Grow up.
  4. Account suspended
    Moves
    30 Aug '14 21:16
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    [b]Apology

There have been several instances where Personal Messages have unexpectedly raised the ire of their recipients during my "few months rest sabbatical" since July 28, 2014, with the request not to reply. Please accept my apology. Regards, Bob[/b]
    No need to apologise. we need you back, Randolph Gandolph tried to get wide with Robbie and Badger by insulting our personal dignity, he seems to need lessons in etiquette, please try to teach him GB .
  5. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    30 Aug '14 21:41
    Originally posted by huckleberryhound
    First of all, it's only been a month, not a few months. Second, i'm guessing you couldn't post in the forum because you were banned, so you pestered people with PMs instead. . .like you did before. Grow up.
    Originally posted by huckleberryhound
    "First of all, it's only been a month, not a few months. Second, i'm guessing you couldn't post in the forum because you
    were banned, so you pestered people with PMs instead. . .like you did before. Grow up."

Strictly personal choice, huckleberryhound. As previously stated in late July, "a few months rest sabbatical" applies by choice to the General and Spirituality Forums only. Wouldn't be able to post actively in the Sports, Debates, Science, Culture, Only Chess or Tournaments Forums if Russ or his forum moderation staff had found reason to justify a ban. See you in October.
  6. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    30 Aug '14 23:33
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    There have been several instances where Personal Messages have unexpectedly raised the ire of their recipients during my "few months rest sabbatical" since July 28, 2014, with the request not to reply. Please accept my apology. Regards, Bob
    For me there is no "ire". I just don't want or need you PM-ing me. So stop it. Thanks. For you, there should be no "unexpectedly" aspect ~ in my case ~ because I have made the polite request repeatedly and you've sent PMs anyway. Your apology strikes me as insincere. I suggest you just stop bugging people with unsolicited PMs, especially when they have asked you to desist, and then whether you are genuinely apologetic or not, or just seeking attention here by starting a thread about yourself, will all be moot. 🙂
  7. SubscriberKewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    Australia
    Moves
    30 Aug '14 23:55
    This whole topic strikes me as a bit of a beat-up. We have a perfectly good IGNORE function which we can use if people send us PMs or otherwise annoy us. If we care to use greasemonkey scripts we don't even have to read their forum posts. We're all adults here folks, use the facilities, just don't keep banging on about others annoying you.
  8. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    31 Aug '14 00:151 edit
    Originally posted by Kewpie
    This whole topic strikes me as a bit of a beat-up. We have a perfectly good IGNORE function which we can use if people send us PMs or otherwise annoy us. If we care to use greasemonkey scripts we don't even have to read their forum posts. We're all adults here folks, use the facilities, just don't keep banging on about others annoying you.
    What is more interesting though is the fact that Grampy Bobby deliberately bugs people with PMs even when they have asked him not to. One of my requests to him to desist was met with him telling me I could use the ignore function if I wanted to stop receiving his PMs, regardless of my polite request to stop. I find this kind of vanity very interesting. That technological remedies exist that can neutralize his behaviour is also fairly interesting. 😉
  9. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    31 Aug '14 00:55
    Thanks, Kewpie.
  10. Standard memberHandyAndy
    Read a book!
    Moves
    31 Aug '14 01:04
    Originally posted by FMF
    What is more interesting though is the fact that Grampy Bobby deliberately bugs people with PMs even when they have asked him not to. One of my requests to him to desist was met with him telling me I could use the ignore function if I wanted to stop receiving his PMs, regardless of my polite request to stop. I find this kind of vanity very interesting. That technological remedies exist that can neutralize his behaviour is also fairly interesting. 😉
    I suppose there's a certain warped satisfaction in forcing the other person to make you stop.
  11. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    31 Aug '14 01:51
    Originally posted by HandyAndy
    I suppose there's a certain warped satisfaction in forcing the other person to make you stop.
    It was interesting how he seemed to 'boast' about never using the ignore function himself but then pestering people and suggesting that they use the ignore function to put a stop to it.
  12. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    31 Aug '14 02:31
    - THREAD CLOSED -
  13. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    31 Aug '14 02:41
    Originally posted by divegeester
    - THREAD CLOSED -
    If you don't use the Reply & Quote function how are we to know who it is you are "stalking"?
  14. Standard memberhuckleberryhound
    Devout Agnostic.
    DZ-015
    Moves
    31 Aug '14 10:54
    Yeah, or if someone bugs us at work, we can just go eat somewhere else...or not walk down that corridor. And, if they then go to bring it up in public, yeah it's just rude to be offended. Bobby posted the thread, not FMF.
  15. Account suspended
    Moves
    31 Aug '14 12:01
    Originally posted by FMF
    If you don't use the Reply & Quote function how are we to know who it is you are "stalking"?
    ask him who he is lying in wait for like a creepy stalker waiting to confront his victim.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree