1. Standard memberWestside Mobster
    The King of Detroit
    The Jungle
    Moves
    05 Sep '14 00:31
    So. What's the best browser for me to use, when on this site, to stop ads from popping up.
  2. Subscribermwmiller
    RHP Member No.16
    Moves
    05 Sep '14 01:28
    Originally posted by Westside Mobster
    So. What's the best browser for me to use, when on this site, to stop ads from popping up.
    As a subscriber I don't think you are supposed to get any ads while on this website.
  3. SubscriberKewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    Australia
    Moves
    05 Sep '14 07:512 edits
    If you're seeing ads while you're on a RHP site, it's probably coming from one of the ad companies by way of a nasty little cookie on your own computer. If you use AdBlock you'll find out who, but anyway it's easy enough to get rid of these things, I've just spent an afternoon doing it to 10 computers. 🙁 My cleaner of choice is Malwarebytes but there are plenty of others.

Russ has said if ads are seen by subscribers they definitely aren't coming from the site and you need to look at what's sitting on your home computer. There's nothing to be gained by switching browsers in my opinion, browsers only present the stuff that's served to them.
  4. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    05 Sep '14 16:464 edits
    This comes up fairly frequently from subscribers in site support.

Each and every time it is malware, unfortunately.

Try this : https://www.malwarebytes.org

edit : This does make me wonder how many non-subs get junk adverts when using the site that do not even originate from here...it certainly would explain all the red herring claims of seeing inappropriate ads over the years.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree