1. PenTesting
    Moves
    10 Sep '14 13:03
    It would appear that some Christians here on this forum do not 'bring' the doctrine of Christ. They have not doubted it either. They have accepted that they believe in and teach a doctrine other than what the doctrine of Christ represents ie brotherly love.

They have not doubted that they actively discourage the following of the commandments of Christ by using the following derogatory comments to describe those who try to follow Christ:
    - works righteousness
    - trying to earn your salvation
    - hypocrisy and self-righteousness
    - pointless and useless law keeping
    - and other comments designed to discourage followers of Christ.

So far that much they accept. But it gets worse. Lets see. So far they -
    - ignore Christ and His commandments.
    - condemn those who try to follow Christ
    - and to make it worse, they preach a completely contrary doctrine in place of what Christ taught, a doctrine based on the acceptance of sin.

Their sin [theirs only apparently] they say, is covered by Christ. That is what Christ died for. Christ died for their past, present and future sins, so that they would not have to 'accoount' for sin.

But all the passages about 'refraining from sin' or 'go and sin no more' or 'those who sin are of the devil or of the flesh' etc etc ... they ignore or attempt to explain it away with voluminous false analysis.

The Apostles all have dire warnings about accepting Christ and then falling back into sin and worldliness, but again these warnings fall on these Christians deaf ears.

.. the hour is coming, in the which all that are in the graves shall hear his voice, And shall come forth; they that have done good, unto the resurrection of life; and they that have done evil, unto the resurrection of damnation. (John 5:28-29 KJV)
  2. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    10 Sep '14 14:17
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    It would appear that some Christians here on this forum do not 'bring' the doctrine of Christ. They have not doubted it either. They have accepted that they believe in and teach a doctrine other than what the doctrine of Christ represents ie brotherly love.

They have not doubted that they actively discourage the following of the commandments of Christ by ...[text shortened]... /b]; and they that have done evil, unto the resurrection of damnation. (John 5:28-29 KJV) [/i]
    You continue to refer to the "commandments of Christ", then mostly refer to the gospels.
    Do you understand that the epistles were written by the apostles?
    Do you understand that what they wrote was by revelation from Jesus Christ?
    Do you understand that there was a magnificent change from the time Christ was alive in the flesh (the gospels) since the day of Pentecost described in the book of Acts?
    Do you understand dispensation or Administrations?
    I didn't think so.
  3. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    10 Sep '14 14:381 edit

They have not doubted that they actively discourage the following of the commandments of Christ by ...[text shortened]... /b]; and they that have done evil, unto the resurrection of damnation. (John 5:28-29 KJV) [/i]
    You're not doing yourself any favors. You continue to insult your Christian brothers, instead of supporting them, as Christ commanded. You assume that *you* know best. You have no proof that anyone in this forum is "ignoring" Christ, yet you assume they are. Not because they feel that way, or even that they profess to do so, but because these Christians disagree *with you*. NO Christian here is doing these things you *say* they're doing. NO Christians here have a "doctrine based on the acceptance of sin". Where do you get this stuff? It is all assumption on your part. Is it really too hard for you to believe that other Christians may be following Christ, presumably far better than you? All your rebuking, all your admonishment, all your "calling them out" is nothing more than taking them to task for the high crime of disagreeing with you and your rather prehistoric version of Christianity, which apparently doesn't account for the higher importance of Christ's redemptive sacrifice on the cross over any human effort to save ourselves. You eschew any "personal relationship" with our savior Jesus Christ, and I'm not sure why. Don't you believe in being "born again"? You further refuse to believe that most average Christians take Christ's sacrifice for them very seriously, and you just cannot understand that "good works" come afterwards, after salvation, as a result of salvation, and not as a cause of salvation. For someone who often treats the Bible as his God, you show an unhealthy disrespect for what it *does* say about our *only* way to God is through Christ and his atoning sacrifice. You somehow don't understand about works coming later, and every *single* Christian I know has "good works" to show, and most of them do not shout about them in public. Perhaps this is what is confusing you about our works, that we do not do them for public consumption. We do them to glorify God.

Perhaps you need to stop doing "lip service" with your "good works" and start talking to Jesus himself about your salvation. I'm sure he'll have more than a few things to say about your treatment of your Christian brothers. Better start talking to him now, it's not too late to start your "personal relationship" with him. Judgement Day is just a little too late.
  4. PenTesting
    Moves
    10 Sep '14 14:451 edit
    Originally posted by checkbaiter
    You continue to refer to the "commandments of Christ", then mostly refer to the gospels.
    Do you understand that the epistles were written by the apostles?
    Do you understand that what they wrote was by revelation from Jesus Christ?
    Do you understand that there was a magnificent change from the time Christ was alive in the flesh (the gospels) since the ...[text shortened]... bed in the book of Acts?
    Do you understand dispensation or Administrations?
    I didn't think so.
    I think I remember you saying very clearly that Jesus Christ did not know everything and Paul and the Apostles knew more about eternal life than Christ?

Is that your view?

Do you have a comment on the typical Chrstians doctrine on sin?
  5. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    10 Sep '14 15:02
    I think I remember you saying very clearly that Jesus Christ did not know everything and Paul and the Apostles knew more about eternal life than Christ?

Is that your view?

Do you have a comment on the typical Chrstians doctrine on sin?
    We have been over this, more than enough times. Until you start doing some biblical research on the points I mentioned, it will be a waste of time.
  6. PenTesting
    Moves
    10 Sep '14 15:32
    We have been over this, more than enough times. Until you start doing some biblical research on the points I mentioned, it will be a waste of time.
    I did the research on those points and there is nothing that the Apostles wrote or taught that supersedes the teachings of Christ. The teachings of the Apostles were designed to supplement, NOT REPLACE the Doctrine of Christ.

The concept of sin is a good example. Despite dire warnings from ALL the writings of the Bible, your view is that you do no have to account for sin.
  7. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    10 Sep '14 15:43
    I did the research on those points and there is nothing that the Apostles wrote or taught that supersedes the teachings of Christ. The teachings of the Apostles were designed to supplement, NOT REPLACE the Doctrine of Christ.

The concept of sin is a good example. Despite dire warnings from ALL the writings of the Bible, your view is that you do no have to account for sin.
    I do have to account for sin, but not to God. My sin was paid for, but Satan will hold a Christian accountable.
    The reason why a believer must live a holy life, is to avoid Satan's bondage.
    When we obey sin, we yield ourselves to Satan, the author of that sin.
    Yielding to sin is yielding to a person, Satan.
    God doesn't impute the sin to us but the devil does.
    Our actions either release the power of Satan or the power of God in us.
    Although God is not imputing our sins unto us, we cannot afford the luxury of sin because it allows Satan to have access to us.
    When a Christian does sin and gives the devil an opportunity to produce death in his life, the way to stop him is to confess the sin. God is faithful and just to take the forgiveness that is already present in our born-again spirit and release it in our flesh, thereby removing Satan and his strongholds.
    A person who abandons himself to sin is actually becoming a slave to the devil while a person who obeys righteousness is yielding himself to the Lord. This is why a Christian should live a holy life.
    Very simple, it has nothing to do with eternal salvation.
  8. PenTesting
    Moves
    10 Sep '14 15:54
    I do have to account for sin, but not to God. My sin was paid for, but Satan will hold a Christian accountable.
    God doesn't impute the sin to us but the ...[text shortened]... a Christian should live a holy life.
    So do you have a reference that supports the statement:

And here is a question on this:

A person who abandons himself to sin is actually becoming a slave to the devil while a person who obeys righteousness is yielding himself to the Lord. This is why a Christian should live a holy life. Very simple, it has nothing to do with eternal salvation.

Are you saying that a Christian who sins and becomes a slave to the devil will still get eternal salvation? If so then can you provide a reference?
  9. PenTesting
    Moves
    10 Sep '14 16:39
    God doesn't impute the sin to us but the ...[text shortened]... a Christian should live a holy life.
    Let me help you out.

You say :

The Bible says:

For it is written, As I live, saith the Lord, every knee shall bow to me, and every tongue shall confess to God. So then every one of us shall give account of himself to God. (Romans 14:11-12 KJV)

Here Paul is crystal clear that EVERYONE WILL GIVE ACCOUNT OF HIMSELF TO GOD.

Why is there always such a wide discrepancy between what you believe and what the Bible says?
  10. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    10 Sep '14 17:471 edit
    Let me help you out.

You say :

The Bible says:

[i]For it is written, As I live, saith the Lord, every knee shall bow to me, and every tongue shall confess to God. So then every one of us shall give account of himself to God. ( ...[text shortened]...

Why is there always such a wide discrepancy between what you believe and what the Bible says?
    OK, what would a Christian say to god when he stands at the judgement seat?
    I have obeyed Christ's commandments as much as possible?

Is this what you imply will happen?
  11. PenTesting
    Moves
    10 Sep '14 17:55
    OK, what would a Christian say to god when he stands at the judgement seat?
    I have obeyed Christ's commandments as much as possible?

Is this what you imply will happen?
    What an absolutely lame reply.

You say, you dont have to account to God
    Paul says you do.
    You want to argue with Paul? Go right ahead.

Your entire belief system and doctrine is all false and completely alien to the teachings of Christ who you say is your Lord and Saviour.

Clearly you lack the ability to use the Bible to support what you say.
  12. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    10 Sep '14 18:51
    What an absolutely lame reply.

You say, you dont have to account to God
    Paul says you do.
    You want to argue with Paul? Go right ahead.

Your entire belief system and doctrine is all false and completely alien to the teachings of Christ who you say is your Lord and Saviour.

Clearly you lack the ability to use the Bible to support what you say.
    Answer the question and I will explain my point.
  13. PenTesting
    Moves
    10 Sep '14 18:55
    Answer the question and I will explain my point.
    The only questions I answer go like this:
    What supporting references do you have for what you say?

I ALWAYS, NO EXCEPTIONS, SUPPORT WHAT I SAY FROM THE BIBLE.

You try that. You made a statements and I asked for some Biblical support and you provided none. Backup to that point and answer my questions.
  14. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    10 Sep '14 19:12
    The only questions I answer go like this:
    What supporting references do you have for what you say?

I ALWAYS, NO EXCEPTIONS, SUPPORT WHAT I SAY FROM THE BIBLE.

You try that. You made a statements and I asked for some Biblical support and you provided none. Backup to that point and answer my questions.
    When I am judged and accused of sin, I will point to Jesus Christ who died for my sins as my substitute.
    You on the other hand, will have to come up with some answers, since you seem to reject Jesus as a payment for your sins.
    You will have to pay with your life.

I am done, your cup is full, and you are not capable of receiving the deeper things of God....
  15. PenTesting
    Moves
    10 Sep '14 19:22
    When I am judged and accused of sin, I will point to Jesus Christ who died for my sins as my substitute.
    You on the other hand, will have to come up with some answers, since you seem to reject Jesus as a payment for your sins.
    You will have to pay with your life.

I am done, your cup is full, and you are not capable of receiving the deeper things of God....
    Pathetic.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree