1. Joined
    03 Apr '14
    Moves
    11 Sep '14 00:31
    Is chessdom.com a good source for annotated games? I know it's a news site but how about annotated games. Do they have a good guest or permanent annotator?

What are some good sources for annotated games on the web. I'm talking about recent games and tournaments.

1. chess24 seems to be a good one.
  2. Subscribervenda
    Dave
    S.Yorks.England
    Moves
    11 Sep '14 14:35
    Originally posted by feucav64
    Is chessdom.com a good source for annotated games? I know it's a news site but how about annotated games. Do they have a good guest or permanent annotator?

What are some good sources for annotated games on the web. I'm talking about recent games and tournaments.

Had a quick look at chess24.
    Seems you have to register and for the instructive video's you have to pay!!
    I think your best option is forget the net and look at Greenpawns blogs on this site.
  3. Account suspended
    Moves
    12 Sep '14 07:04
    Originally posted by feucav64

this site has some great annotated games,

http://www.logicalchess.com/
  4. Joined
    03 Apr '14
    Moves
    15 Sep '14 19:42
    Originally posted by venda
    Had a quick look at chess24.
    Seems you have to register and for the instructive video's you have to pay!!
    I think your best option is forget the net and look at Greenpawns blogs on this site.
    You don't have to register or subscribe to read the annotated games. The annotated games I've seen are under Read -> News. And they are part of round reports of important tournaments or matches. There's a quite a few of annotated games in there - usually by GM Gustafsson or Svidler. And chess24 also puts out video annotations! It's an awesome site for annotated games.

The only bad thing is that it is terribly time consuming to copy them onto your computer if you want to save them in order to build a huge database of annotated games from the web.

A huge amount of annotated games and all sorts of chess info gets posted on the Internet and I'm guessing around 90% of it is lost or forgotten.

I think it would be a great idea to create a community where everyone contributes with an annotated game they copied or saved from the web and , if this happened, you'd have hundreds, if not a thousand of annotated games in very little time.

I believe it is an idea worth considering. What do you think?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree