1. Subscribermwmiller
    RHP Member No.16
    Moves
    20 Sep '14 15:411 edit
    This post is intended to be humorous only.

Have you ever watched someone do something unusual, scratched your head and asked yourself
    "What in the hell were they thinking?"

I did that back when Senator John McCain was running for president of the US. He selected Sarah Palin as his candidate for vice-president. For the life of me I could not figure that choice out.

After years of wondering about that choice, it finally makes sense to me. It was simply a cheap form of life insurance for if he happened to be elected. Obama picked Biden for exactly the same reason.
  2. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    20 Sep '14 18:04
    Originally posted by mwmiller

Have you ever watched someone do something unusual, scratched your head and asked yourself

I did that back when Senator John Mc ...[text shortened]... ife insurance for if he happened to be elected. Obama picked Biden for exactly the same reason.
    They both took a page from the playbook of George H. W. Bush, who chose Dan Quayle as VP.
  3. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    20 Sep '14 22:16
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    They both took a page from the playbook of George H. W. Bush, who chose Dan Quayle as VP.
    The elephant in the room is why the American people elected GWB. Twice.
  4. Subscribermwmiller
    RHP Member No.16
    Moves
    21 Sep '14 00:21
    Give us another two hundred years at this "politics game" and maybe we will have it all figured out like the rest of the world. or else we will have a whole herd of elephants in the room!
  5. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    21 Sep '14 01:04
    Give us another two hundred years at this "politics game" and maybe we will have it all figured out like the rest of the world. or else we will have a whole herd of elephants in the room!
    Well, you get what you pay for.....
  6. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    21 Sep '14 16:45

I did that back when Senator John Mc ...[text shortened]... ife insurance for if he happened to be elected. Obama picked Biden for exactly the same reason.
    Sarah Palin, meet Joe Biden.

I guess these are the quality people who have sold their souls a thousand times over to their various political party's.
  7. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    21 Sep '14 23:20
    Originally posted by divegeester
    Eh, his dad was a smart man, despite being right of center and a successor to "Reaganomics". I guess the people didn't expect the apple in that family to fall so far from the tree.
  8. Subscriberkevcvs57
    Flexible
    The wrong side of 60
    Moves
    21 Sep '14 23:25
    Eh, his dad was a smart man, despite being right of center and a successor to "Reaganomics". I guess the people didn't expect the apple in that family to fall so far from the tree.
    Sometimes the apple falls on it's head and is only good for Applejack.
  9. Subscribermoonbus
    Über-Nerd
    Moves
    22 Sep '14 03:21
    GWB was just the horse. He was ridden by Cheney and Rumsfeld, who where the brains in that outfit.
  10. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    22 Sep '14 03:331 edit
    I guess he appealed to a big enough section of right-wing America; to many outside of that group, outside of America, he seemed like a buffoon. How he got re-elected is one of life's mysteries.
  11. Subscribermoonbus
    Über-Nerd
    Moves
    22 Sep '14 06:15
    I guess he appealed to a big enough section of right-wing America; to many outside of that group, outside of America, he seemed like a buffoon. How he got re-elected is one of life's mysteries.
    He didn't get RE-elected. The first time he stole it from Al Gore. Bush's brother Geb was governor of Florida, the state which couldn't count votes (remember?).

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree