1. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    24 Sep '14 08:59
    http://www.cracked.com/article_21179_5-terrifying-things-i-learned-while-buying-guns-facebook.html

number 5 on this list is "5. You Can Buy Guns on Facebook"

and it only gets more terrifying from there
  2. SubscriberWajoma
    Die Cheeseburger
    Provocation
    Moves
    24 Sep '14 09:05
    Originally posted by Zahlanzi
    http://www.cracked.com/article_21179_5-terrifying-things-i-learned-while-buying-guns-facebook.html

number 5 on this list is "5. You Can Buy Guns on Facebook"

and it only gets more terrifying from there
    Cracked.com is a humor website.
  3. Subscribershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    24 Sep '14 09:53
    Originally posted by Wajoma
    Is it run by the GOP then?
  4. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    24 Sep '14 10:061 edit
    presenting real information in a humorous manner

and oh yeh: ad hominem.
  5. Subscribershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    24 Sep '14 10:07
    Not Republican then.
  6. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    24 Sep '14 10:09
    Originally posted by shavixmir
    Not Republican then.
    let's just say not fox news/tea party.

too often groups of people are confused with vocal extremists who try to hijack the organization.

republican doesn't mean glenn beck and rush limbaugh.
  7. SubscriberWajoma
    Die Cheeseburger
    Provocation
    Moves
    24 Sep '14 10:30

and oh yeh: ad hominem.
    I didn't mention your name I quoted wiki, you're calling everything ad hominem, how is quoting wiki (and that is all) ad hominem?
  8. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    24 Sep '14 10:50
    from the link:

"I inquired about a listing: "Arsenal AK-47 excellent condition asking $1200" [...] and that I needed immediate shipment for something I had planned."

"After some email bartering, the seller provided his PayPal information and agreed to overnight shipping. "When you send the PayPal, send as a gift to a family member so I won't get a fee and neither will you!" (I considered this a very thoughtful gesture.) No background check, no questions asked about my suspiciously urgent need for the weapon (maybe someone was in the process of breaking into my house, and my plan was to just hide in the closet until the FedEx guy arrived?)"
  9. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    24 Sep '14 10:54
    I didn't mention your name I quoted wiki, you're calling everything ad hominem, how is quoting wiki (and that is all) ad hominem?
    ad hominem towards the site.

oh wait, you were just presenting some information (even if incomplete and misleading) without implying they should not be taken seriously because they are a humor site. i am so sorry then i accused you wrongly.
  10. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    24 Sep '14 11:12
    Posing as a disgruntled high school student who wants to buy a big mama of a gun for his upcoming 18th birthday, I fire away at the listings stating such things as, "I'm really into video games and want to take things to the next level." It takes all of five minutes to get a response from a dealer -- putting on the hard sell. "AR-15 Brand NEW! Plus 100 ROUNDS!!"

"Wicked gun!!!!" I reply in an email with a lot of smiley faces. I add, "I'm about to turn 18 and ready to rock. AR-15 are my fav. How good is the scope? Can you see a target across a football field?"

"Congrats on almost turning 18!" the dealer says in his reply. And then he pees on my underage gun parade: "Gotta be 21 and ship to dealer in your area."

Good man! But then I ask, "Could I get an older brother to buy it? I could bump it up and pay an extra couple hundred." I express concern that I need the assault rifle before school starts back up again.

"I can't legally sell you a gun," he replies. But there's a loophole: "Since it's a rifle we won't need a bill of sale, so if you bring a friend who's over 18. I could sell it to them."

To keep things off the books, the dealer says, he only accepts cash (nothing creepy there!). So, to summarize, all you have to do is arrange to meet a complete stranger to buy firearms while carrying a handful of currency. What could possibly go wrong? I tell the man I'm doing summer school at my high school -- where all my teachers are big dicks -- and could meet him afterward. Bingo -- one assault weapon procured for a fictional underage minor.

So, there you go -- if you've got a smartphone, you're just a few minutes away from a brand-spanking-new AR-15 and the armor-piercing bullets to go with it. God bless America, and the Internet!
  11. SubscriberWajoma
    Die Cheeseburger
    Provocation
    Moves
    24 Sep '14 11:15
    ad hominem towards the site.

oh wait, you were just presenting some information (even if incomplete and misleading) without implying they should not be taken seriously because they are a humor site. i am so sorry then i accused you wrongly.
    Apology accepted. I won't make a big deal of it. Although you need to be a bit more free with your apologies.
  12. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    24 Sep '14 11:17
    Apology accepted. I won't make a big deal of it. Although you need to be a bit more free with your apologies.
    yes, i am positive now that you absolutely didnt' mean anything by "cracked is a humor site" and you were just presenting that information out of the goodness of your heart.

a public service, free information. i get it now.
  13. SubscriberWajoma
    Die Cheeseburger
    Provocation
    Moves
    24 Sep '14 11:18
    yes, i am positive now that you absolutely didnt' mean anything by "cracked is a humor site" and you were just presenting that information out of the goodness of your heart.

a public service, free information. i get it now.
    No need to apologise again.
  14. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    24 Sep '14 20:22
    No need to apologise again.
    YouTube
  15. Joined
    22 Jun '08
    Moves
    24 Sep '14 21:27
    from the link:

"I inquired about a listing: "Arsenal AK-47 excellent condition asking $1200" [...] and that I needed immediate shipment for something I had planned."

"After some email bartering, the seller provided his PayPal information and agreed to overnight shipping. "When you send the PayPal, send as a gift to a family member so I won' ...[text shortened]... reaking into my house, and my plan was to just hide in the closet until the FedEx guy arrived?)"
    I Like it, I could use another AK-47. Have one blank spot left in the vault before I need to upgrade to a larger safe, then this one will be used to store ammo..

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree