1. Joined
    15 Jul '08
    Moves
    26 Sep '14 22:09
    It seems my account was hacked today at 4:30 pm. Someone resigned me from 8 games, bring down my stats. I decided to resigned all games and tournaments. At this point it would useless to continue to play here on Red Hot Pawn
  2. Subscribercoquette
    Already mated
    Omaha, Nebraska, USA
    Moves
    26 Sep '14 22:14
    Originally posted by jabriol
    It seems my account was hacked today at 4:30 pm. Someone resigned me from 8 games, bring down my stats. I decided to resigned all games and tournaments. At this point it would useless to continue to play here on Red Hot Pawn
    So you don't think that the admins have a clue on how to undo things that were wrong?

Eight games resigned by a hacker? Wow! that is a skilled hacker with too much time on her hands.

Sorry, I think that it's just another Friday on planet earth.
  3. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    26 Sep '14 23:05
    Stay off that Redpawn site ... it's rubbish.
  4. SubscriberKewpieonline
    since 1-Feb-07
    Australia
    Moves
    26 Sep '14 23:10
    Left your computer without logging off the site, did you? We've had a few of those here. Usually some prankster close to you. Losing a few games has no lasting effect on your rating, because you get more points for winning games from then on.
  5. Joined
    15 Jul '08
    Moves
    26 Sep '14 23:23
    Originally posted by coquette
    [b]So you don't think that the admins have a clue on how to undo things that were wrong?
    Don't know what the Admins can or can't do. however it doesn't matter now. their logs will just show I did it. I made report to my company security since the hack occurred at my station when I was not present. the password to my station was hacked as well. The interesting thing about a situation like this, is the premise could that I am a sore looser and I was trying to fix my rating :-) it would not serve any purpose to argue the point. Don't you agree?
  6. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    26 Sep '14 23:392 edits
    Don't know what the Admins can or can't do. however it doesn't matter now. their logs will just show I did it. I made report to my company security since the hack occurred at my station when I was not present. the password to my station was hacked as well. The interesting thing about a situation like this, is the premise could that I am a sore looser and I ...[text shortened]... trying to fix my rating :-) it would not serve any purpose to argue the point. Don't you agree?
    jabriol, you joined RHP 14 Jul '08 (over six years ago). Obviously your concerns matter, especially if they occurred during yesterday's server related outage. Send an immediate Feedback to Russ: http://www.redhotpawn.com/site/feedback.php
  7. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    26 Sep '14 23:46
    Originally posted by Kewpie
    Left your computer without logging off the site, did you? We've had a few of those here. Usually some prankster close to you. Losing a few games has no lasting effect on your rating, because you get more points for winning games from then on.
    One of jabriol's games in question is a four move resignation game with you: Game 10826212 Something doesn't compute.
  8. Standard memberChessPraxis
    Cowboy From Hell
    American West
    Moves
    26 Sep '14 23:55
    I made report to my company security since the hack occurred at my station when I was not present.
    It takes mad H4CK1N9 skillz to sit at your desk when you're gone and resign games.
  9. In your face
    Moves
    27 Sep '14 00:21
    Ah and did the same thing happen between June and August 2012?

😕
  10. Standard memberBigDogg
    Secret RHP coder
    on the payroll
    Moves
    27 Sep '14 01:23
    Good riddance.
  11. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    27 Sep '14 01:52
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    Game 10826212 .
    Should have played 2 ... b5 and Kewpie would lose a tempo getting the bishop into the game.

... just sayin' ... 😀
  12. SubscriberKewpieonline
    since 1-Feb-07
    Australia
    Moves
    27 Sep '14 03:081 edit
    One of jabriol's games in question is a four move resignation game with you: Game 10826212 Something doesn't compute.
    What are you on about? My games with him were in the batch he resigned himself, after the event.
  13. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    27 Sep '14 03:55
    If the amount of games you resign is indicative of your account getting hacked then you must get hacked every week.
  14. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    27 Sep '14 05:40
    Originally posted by Kewpie
    What are you on about? My games with him were in the batch he resigned himself, after the event.
    My error in giving the benefit of doubt before looking at the games back to 2010: most all are Resignations or Timeouts.
  15. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    27 Sep '14 07:21
    My error in giving the benefit of doubt before looking at the games back to 2010: most all are Resignations or Timeouts.
    Once you accept that people are mostly evil or at the very least a 3a, the world becomes a much simpler place.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree