1. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    30 Sep '14 13:522 edits
    A life😳

Edit: Maybe I should unretire and get a job. Hey, maybe as a greeter at Walmart...or a gigolo
  2. Joined
    24 Apr '10
    Moves
    30 Sep '14 14:34
    God, I wish I was retired.
  3. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    30 Sep '14 14:43
    Originally posted by Great King Rat
    God, I wish I was retired.
    Funny isn't it? It's kinda like a person with curly hair wants it straight or vice versa. I don't "need" to work but sometimes I just miss it.
  4. Joined
    24 Apr '10
    Moves
    30 Sep '14 14:481 edit
    Originally posted by Great Big Stees
    Funny isn't it? It's kinda like a person with curly hair wants it straight or vice versa. I don't "need" to work but sometimes I just miss it.
    Yeah, the grass is always greener “over there”.

Some days I wish I had no hair but I know the average bald guy wishes he had my hair. Just the hair though, not what’s underneath it.

But I’m not much of a working man. The less time I have to spend working, the better. If I’d win the lottery I’d quit the same day.

What I can’t understand is people who are in good health, live in a free country and have enough money yet still are bored. That does not compute with me.
  5. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    30 Sep '14 15:021 edit
    Originally posted by Great King Rat
    Yeah, the grass is always greener “over there”.

Some days I wish I had no hair but I know the average bald guy wishes he had my hair. Just the hair though, not what’s underneath it.

But I’m not much of a working man. The less time I have to spend working, the better. If I’d win the lottery I’d quit the same day.

What I can’t understand is peo ...[text shortened]... live in a free country and have enough money yet still are bored. That does not compute with me.
    I love reading, playing golf, birdwatching, hiking, skiing (now mostly only cross country as my knees are not really up to downhill although I still get out a couple of times a year and am reminded why I don't do it more often) I volunteer with helping "old folks" and still I miss "working". Oh BTW I am mostly bald and don't pine for the lost locks. 😉
  6. Standard memberHandyAndy
    Read a book!
    Moves
    30 Sep '14 15:27
    I love reading, playing golf, birdwatching, hiking, skiing (now mostly only cross country as my knees are not really up to downhill although I still get out a couple of times a year and am reminded why I don't do it more often) I volunteer with helping "old folks" and still I miss "working". Oh BTW I am mostly bald and don't pine for the lost locks. 😉
    Maybe you could get a part-time job "teaching."
  7. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    30 Sep '14 15:29
    Originally posted by HandyAndy
    Maybe you could get a part-time job "teaching."
    What? Spelling?
  8. Standard memberredbadger
    Suzzie says Badger
    is Racist Bastard
    Moves
    30 Sep '14 15:41
    A life😳

Edit: Maybe I should unretire and get a job. Hey, maybe as a greeter at Walmart...or a gigolo
    work is not all its cracked up to be, I tried the Gigolo bit reckon I bit of more than I could chew.
  9. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    30 Sep '14 19:25
    Originally posted by redbadger
    work is not all its cracked up to be, I tried the Gigolo bit reckon I bit of more than I could chew.
    It's usually a good idea to do some "investigating" before one jumps, headlong, into any occupation. Apparently you found this out the hard way. I do hope you learned a lesson.
  10. SubscriberDrewnogal
    Constant Gardener
    The Plot
    Moves
    30 Sep '14 19:54

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

11. Standard memberChessPraxis
    Cowboy From Hell
    American West
    Moves
    30 Sep '14 19:57
    A life😳

Come to Colorado and become an apprentice butcher. Hard work, little pay and danger everywhere.
  12. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    30 Sep '14 20:01
    Originally posted by ChessPraxis
    Come to Colorado and become an apprentice butcher. Hard work, little pay and danger everywhere.
    Alright that sounds like something I could do as long as there are no knives, cleavers or blood involved.
  13. SubscriberDrewnogal
    Constant Gardener
    The Plot
    Moves
    30 Sep '14 20:02

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

14. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    30 Sep '14 20:04
    The post that was quoted here has been removed
    He probably fights at the local pub after work.
  15. Standard memberChessPraxis
    Cowboy From Hell
    American West
    Moves
    30 Sep '14 20:11
    The post that was quoted here has been removed
    He's doing good if he still has all 10 fingers. 🙂

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree