1. Joined
    15 Aug '12
    Moves
    04 Oct '14 04:04
    CondePoderoso is about to break 2400 and at 204 moves in 3 days. The only conclusion is the guy/gal must be a genius.
  2. Joined
    24 Aug '07
    Moves
    04 Oct '14 04:45
    This is sure one funky game:

11. ... Qc4 and 12. No Bxc4 are shocking. A game usually ends this way when someone is fiddling with both sides in an analysis window.
  3. Standard memberatticus2
    Frustrate the Bad
    Liverpool
    Moves
    04 Oct '14 17:18
    Originally posted by King Tiger
    CondePoderoso is about to break 2400 and at 204 moves in 3 days. The only conclusion is the guy/gal must be a genius.
    He is. Nearly as good as his mate, MarcusRemius. They joined within a day of each other; enter the same tourneys; use the same 'Analyze Board'. Pfftt
  4. Joined
    15 Aug '12
    Moves
    04 Oct '14 22:47
    Originally posted by atticus2
    He is. Nearly as good as his mate, MarcusRemius. They joined within a day of each other; enter the same tourneys; use the same 'Analyze Board'. Pfftt
    I had this sent to me by a friend recently-

"Conde picked up seven wins in the last day or so, about average. Interestingly, FOUR of them were against the SAME GUY!! A 1921 player with a spanish name who is provisional and hasnt yet played 20 games.

If this werent all so ridiculous, it would be kind of funny. At this rate, Conde is over 2400 within a couple days, and #1 in RHP within 10 days."

I haven't personally looked into it, but sounds like it could be multiple accounts under the same user.
  5. Joined
    15 Aug '12
    Moves
    06 Oct '14 00:48
    Originally posted by atticus2
    This will perhaps interest some too.

I just received this from MarcusRemius in a PM.

"Dear Sir: I have observed that, in this site, exerts a strange policing. I would appreciate it, hereafter, to engage in play and stop interfering in the lives of others. Otherwise I will take action against you."

It is interesting that prior to this email I have had no contact with this account. CondePoderoso is on my 'block' list-so he/she cannot message me. Is there any ability to do an IP check on these two users to see if they are the same users? I suspect they actually are.
  6. SubscriberPaul Leggett
    Chess Librarian
    The Stacks
    Moves
    06 Oct '14 01:211 edit
    Originally posted by paulbuchmanfromfics
    This is sure one funky game:

[pgn][Event "Challenge"]
    [Site "http://www.redhotpawn.com"]
    [Date "2014.10.02"]
    [EndDate "2014.10.02"]
    [Round "?"]
    [White "CondePoderoso"]
    [Black "ImperterritoAvefenix"]
    [WhiteRating "2398"]
    [BlackRating "1936"]
    [WhiteElo "2398"]
    [BlackElo "1936"]
    [Result "1-0"]
    [GameId "10837558"]

1. e4 e6 2. d4 d5 ...[text shortened]... g. A game usually ends this way when someone is fiddling with both sides in an analysis window.
    Dude, where you been?🙂
  7. SubscriberPaul Leggett
    Chess Librarian
    The Stacks
    Moves
    06 Oct '14 01:24
    Originally posted by King Tiger
    This will perhaps interest some too.

I just received this from MarcusRemius in a PM.

"Dear Sir: I have observed that, in this site, exerts a strange policing. I would appreciate it, hereafter, to engage in play and stop interfering in the lives of others. Otherwise I will take action against you."

It is interesting that prior to this email I ha ...[text shortened]... o an IP check on these two users to see if they are the same users? I suspect they actually are.
    My experience is that nonsub dual accounts disappear fast once the powers that be are notified.

"Take action against you"... the internet is just LOL bizarre at times.
  8. Joined
    24 Aug '07
    Moves
    06 Oct '14 03:39
    Originally posted by Paul Leggett
    Dude, where you been?🙂
    Back on my other obsession - Film

I just use (speed) chess to pass the time now.

I have a feeling the chess bug will bite again soon.
  9. Standard memberatticus2
    Frustrate the Bad
    Liverpool
    Moves
    06 Oct '14 14:26
    CP has lost two games to date - both to MR

MR has lost three games to date - two to CP
  10. Joined
    15 Aug '12
    Moves
    10 Oct '14 06:08
    "Take action against you"... the internet is just LOL bizarre at times.[/b]
    I know-I'm sooooooo worried; I'm waiting for that subpoena to court 😉

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree