1. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    14 Oct '14 02:29
    http://news.yahoo.com/islamic-state-seeks-justify-enslaving-yazidi-women-girls-150713031.html

This thread is inspired by ISIS claims that they are implementing Sharia law by taking prisoner the women and children of combatants and making them slaves.

Is slavery justified under Sharia law?
  2. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    14 Oct '14 02:38
    Originally posted by whodey
    http://news.yahoo.com/islamic-state-seeks-justify-enslaving-yazidi-women-girls-150713031.html

This thread is inspired by ISIS claims that they are implementing Sharia law by taking prisoner the women and children of combatants and making them slaves.

There's an article on Islamic views on slavery here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Islamic_views_on_slavery
  3. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    14 Oct '14 02:44
    Then there's this one:

www.thereligionofpeace.com/Quran/015-slavery.htm

...which is blocked where I live so presumably it's critical/negative.
  4. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    14 Oct '14 02:55
    Here is the BBC's page on the subject:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/religion/religions/islam/history/slavery_1.shtml

And here's a look at it on the www.khilafah.com web site:

http://www.khilafah.com/index.php/the-khilafah/foreign-policy/2764-the-islamic-view-on-slaves-and-slavery
  5. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    14 Oct '14 02:57
    Perhaps you should read up on the subject. I don't think there is anyone here on this forum with enough theological knowledge to answer your question.
  6. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    14 Oct '14 13:00
    "Muhammad made it legal for his men to marry their slaves and the women they captured in war, giving them full marriage rights.[18][19] In addition, according to Muslim theologians, he made it lawful for male masters to have sexual relations with female captives and slaves"

This is what wiki says. If so, then slavery will always be a part of Islam. In fact, it must be since Mohammad is the be all when it comes to theology. What he says goes, and no one may ever change his edicts.
  7. Joined
    24 Apr '10
    Moves
    14 Oct '14 13:07
    "Muhammad made it legal for his men to marry their slaves and the women they captured in war, giving them full marriage rights.[18][19] In addition, according to Muslim theologians, he made it lawful for male masters to have sexual relations with female captives and slaves"

This is what wiki says. If so, then slavery will always be a part of Islam. In fa ...[text shortened]... the be all when it comes to theology. What he says goes, and no one may ever change his edicts.
    And now what?
  8. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    14 Oct '14 13:08
    Originally posted by Great King Rat
    And now what?
    Now we either embrace this religious theology and be tolerant of it, or we don't.
  9. Joined
    24 Apr '10
    Moves
    14 Oct '14 13:18
    Now we either embrace this religious theology and be tolerant of it, or we don't.
    Well, I certainly won't embrace it because it's a religion and I spit on religions.

Apparently the only alternative I have now is to be intolerant of it. And the same for everyone else who won't embrace Islam.

The obvious question then is: how is this intolerance going to work in practice? How do you propose this intolerance will be executed?
  10. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    14 Oct '14 13:50
    Well, I certainly won't embrace it because it's a religion and I spit on religions.

Apparently the only alternative I have now is to be intolerant of it. And the same for everyone else who won't embrace Islam.

The obvious question then is: how is this intolerance going to work in practice? How do you propose this intolerance will be executed?
    Well that is just it, how do you fight a global religion where they seem to immigrate in mass to various countries around the world?
  11. Joined
    24 Apr '10
    Moves
    14 Oct '14 13:52
    Well that is just it, how do you fight a global religion where they seem to immigrate in mass to various countries around the world?
    Erm... alright... you’re being vague. You’re saying we should be intolerant of Islam. How do you propose we do that? The question is simple enough, yes?
  12. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    14 Oct '14 14:33
    Originally posted by FMF
    Perhaps you should read up on the subject. I don't think there is anyone here on this forum with enough theological knowledge to answer your question.
    Except me! 😉

Have you ever noticed how Muslims bow their head to the ground and actually press the forehead against it?

Apparently Allah wants everyone to be a slave. Literally!

Not so the only true God, the one we call father. God wants true sons and daughters, not slaves.
  13. Joined
    24 Apr '10
    Moves
    14 Oct '14 14:55
    Originally posted by josephw
    Except me! 😉

Have you ever noticed how Muslims bow their head to the ground and actually press the forehead against it?

Apparently Allah wants everyone to be a slave. Literally!

Not so the only true God, the one we call father. God wants true sons and daughters, not slaves.
    The pope actually kisses the ground, doesn't he?
  14. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    14 Oct '14 18:24
    The pope actually kisses the ground, doesn't he?
    I guess he's a slave too, but of his own doing. Christians too do all manner of goofy stuff. But the whole of Islam is begging on its face to god that doesn't have a face.

Do you want to worship a God that requires slavish servitude? Or one that calls you a brother?
  15. Cape Town
    Moves
    14 Oct '14 18:58
    Well before we deal with Islam, lets also be intolerant of that other global religion that is even more prevalent where we live and that also has a clear history of supporting slavery and clear verses in its holy book supporting slavery. How do you suggest we practice intolerance towards that religion?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree