1. Pretoria
    Moves
    19 Oct '14 14:40
    Please help. I'm a subscriber and all of a sudden I have advertisements all over my page. Even hyperlinks to other websites.
  2. SubscriberC J Horse
    A stable personality
    Near my hay.
    Moves
    19 Oct '14 15:261 edit
    Originally posted by Fransie
    Please help. I'm a subscriber and all of a sudden I have advertisements all over my page. Even hyperlinks to other websites.
    The usual answer is that you have inadvertently downloaded some malware. Scan your PC with a suitable program to identify and remove it. The free program at malwarebytes.org is often suggested, but there are others.
  3. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    20 Oct '14 08:39
    Originally posted by C J Horse
    The usual answer is that you have inadvertently downloaded some malware. Scan your PC with a suitable program to identify and remove it. The free program at malwarebytes.org is often suggested, but there are others.
    This is exactly right.

http://www.malwarebytes.org/ first, then more care surfing in future - just avoid all downloads unless it is either from a 100% trusted source, or checks out by a trusted file scanner bundled with your anti-virus software.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree