Moving pieces

Standard membersmw6869
Help 19 Oct '14 21:15
  1. Standard membersmw6869
    Granny
    Parts Unknown
    Moves
    19 Oct '14 21:15
    I used to be able to click on a piece then click where I wanted it to go. Now I have to click and drag and it sometimes takes a couple tries. Also, I'm having trouble cutting and pasting urls listed on forums. Any thoughts?
  2. Standard membersmw6869
    Granny
    Parts Unknown
    Moves
    19 Oct '14 21:17
    I'm using Firefox.
  3. SubscriberKewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    Australia
    Moves
    20 Oct '14 12:04
    Same here, firefox also, on android tablet.
  4. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    07 Dec '14 16:54
    Originally posted by Kewpie
    Same here, firefox also, on android tablet.
    Yeah, I have experienced this too, on my android smartphone, using Firefox.
  5. Joined
    19 Sep '13
    Moves
    15 Dec '14 20:09
    I noticiced too when I click on the piece I want to move,than click where I want it to go,now I get pink,and it goes back to the original space.I need help.I uses google chrome?
  6. SubscriberKewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    Australia
    Moves
    15 Dec '14 21:39
    You get that pink response when you're trying to make an illegal move. Or are you saying that you get it every time you try to make any move at all?
  7. Subscribermwmiller
    RHP Member No.16
    Moves
    15 Dec '14 21:42
    Originally posted by charlesmander
    I noticiced too when I click on the piece I want to move,than click where I want it to go,now I get pink,and it goes back to the original space.I need help.I uses google chrome?
    What you are describing is usually the result of attempting to make an illegal move. Are you sure you are making a valid move?

As a response to the previous posts, I use a laptop with firefox and have not had any problems with moving either by dragging and dropping, or clicking the piece then clicking the destination square. It works just fine for me with either method. Maybe it's just a problem with tablets or phones.

I'm not a big fan of "drag and drop" because it is possible to drop a piece on an unintended square if your finger happens to slip while dragging, so I'm happy that both options are still available.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree