First Post

SubscriberSahuaro
General 31 Oct '14 04:16
  1. old pueblo
    Moves
    31 Oct '14 04:16
    What was your first forum post? What made me wonder is that I never ever said I was new here, let alone start a thread on the topic. So how did you announce your presence? Mine was:

Accessories -> System tools -> System restore

but that only works if you can get on. There's supposed to be something you can do while it's booting, but I forget what.

[I was a helpful sort I guess]
  2. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    31 Oct '14 07:00
    Originally posted by Sahuaro
    What was your first forum post? What made me wonder is that I never ever said I was new here, let alone start a thread on the topic. So how did you announce your presence? Mine was:

Accessories -> System tools -> System restore

but that only works if you can get on. There's supposed to be something you can do while it's booting, but I forget what.

[I was a helpful sort I guess]
    "Setting Board Pieces in Profile / Help Forum

01 Dec '07 01:49

10th ranked player on the RHP site, ilywrin, presents an interesting chess puzzle in the body of his profile.
    How is this done? Would appreciate comment on the mechanics. Thank you."

Interesting thread, Sahuaro. The above was my first forum post in the Help Forum, five months after joining RHP.
  3. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    31 Oct '14 07:41
    Originally posted by Sahuaro
    What was your first forum post?
    Seven years ago: "Chavez is so naive. Venezuelan oil will run out one day: then what will happen to his precious poor people? The oil should be given to the Venezuelan rich until it runs out. That's much more sustainable."
  4. SubscriberDrewnogal
    Constant Gardener
    The Plot
    Moves
    31 Oct '14 08:01

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

5. Standard memberCalJust
    It is what it is
    Pretoria
    Moves
    31 Oct '14 08:161 edit
    Originally posted by Saint Nick
    But others get them for the right reasons and live to cherish them for the rest of their lives.
    ........ All of mine reflect something significant in my life. Things that had an effect on my life and that effect can't be erased. I fail to see a 'down-side' to my tattoos.

Hi Saint Nick,

Yours has been the most sensible case for tatoos that I have read in this thread. I totally identify with doing something to remind you of important milestones in your life, and if tats do it for you, go for it!

Your warning about not doing something just because it is faddish, is extremely important.

And a happy Christmas to you too!

CJ

This was my very first forum post, on 10 December 2004 (eight months after joing in April) in the GF in a thread about body piercings.

When I looked it up, and followed my trail down several discussions, it was quite a journey down memory lane.

Thanks, Suharo!
  6. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    31 Oct '14 14:08
    "I agree with Skorj. We took their land and gave them "trinkets". We introduced them to "Firewater" and took more. Then we put them on reserves and completely changed their way of life. Congrats we're sooo much better than them???"
    This was a reply to a thread in the Debates forum/Australian Aborigines to Skorj, July 10th, 2004, a few months after my joining.
  7. Joined
    25 Nov '09
    Moves
    31 Oct '14 15:12
    "taken aback"

Linked words, game 5 years after I joined.
  8. SubscriberDrewnogal
    Constant Gardener
    The Plot
    Moves
    31 Oct '14 16:49

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

9. Subscribermoonbus
    Über-Nerd
    Moves
    31 Oct '14 19:30
    I don't remember my first post. I do remember once posting that I wouldn't contribute to a thread that would have me as a contributor.
  10. Joined
    12 Dec '13
    Moves
    31 Oct '14 22:55
    2014 Prose Competition - VOTING THREAD / General Forum
    25 Jan '14 12:15

1st - Entry 3 - Quiet Days in the Mountains
    2nd - Entry 12 - Falling
    3rd - Entry 11 - What do you give the Man who has nothing?
  11. Subscribercoquette
    Already mated
    Omaha, Nebraska, USA
    Moves
    31 Oct '14 23:05
    i took the time to search out my 1st thread (not all that hard to do) and was sorely disappointed. i was too boring to bother recalling here. best to move on.
  12. Standard memberChessPraxis
    Cowboy From Hell
    American West
    Moves
    01 Nov '14 04:41
    Apparently I was under the mistaken impression that "lol" was a substitute for punctuation. 😞

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree