Skulls

SubscriberJohnHG
Help 01 Nov '14 06:18
  1. NSW, Australia
    Moves
    01 Nov '14 06:18
    If an opponent does not move within the required time...a skull is displayed and I can claim that game and win points

My point is (no pun intended)...I dont want to 'win" those points...I just want to close the game and archive it...winning points is detrimental to me because it raises my rating artificially

I know it doesn't happen every day

Any thoughts?
  2. SubscriberKewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    Australia
    Moves
    01 Nov '14 07:45
    You're probably worrying too much about inflating your rating. I did a test exercise once, awarded myself 50 points, finished 20 games noting the rating changes for each (with or without the 50 points added to my rating), and compared the numbers. After the 20th game the difference in rating points was 4. The reason is, if your rating is inflated you get fewer points for a win and pay more points for a loss, so the rating swings back toward your true rating.
  3. Subscribervenda
    Dave
    S.Yorks.England
    Moves
    01 Nov '14 13:56
    Originally posted by JohnHG
    If an opponent does not move within the required time...a skull is displayed and I can claim that game and win points

My point is (no pun intended)...I dont want to 'win" those points...I just want to close the game and archive it...winning points is detrimental to me because it raises my rating artificially

I know it doesn't happen every day

Any thoughts?
    I shouldn't pay too much attention to the ratings points.
    There's so many players on here with un -representative ratings that you're bound to come up against them sooner or later.
    For example if a player was rated 1600 and his rating plummets to 1200 because of resigned games or timeout losses , that doesn't make him a 1200 player.Also if a players 5 year high is 2000 presumably he is capable of reaching that level again unless it was a fluke.
    Havind said that my 5 year high is 1694 and I've never been near that since boxing day 2011!1.I think i mist've been playing a lot of xmas drunks at the time!!
  4. Standard membermarysson
    keeper of secrets
    Account suspended
    Moves
    09 Nov '14 22:02
    what is a skull ?
  5. Subscribermwmiller
    RHP Member No.16
    Moves
    09 Nov '14 22:15
    Originally posted by marysson
    what is a skull ?
    click here----> FAQ

Many similar answers are available in the FAQ, which you can see if you click the "HELP" link above.
    There is also a link to FAQ at the bottom of the page.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree