1. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    22 Nov '14 08:07
    The Mahabharata having over 90,000 verses is the longest poem on earth - and it is also the most spiritually instructive literature on earth as well apart from the Srimad Bhagavatam.

In the Mahabharata there are over 90,000 Sanskrit verses of sweet and often dramatic instructive content - and some may be surprised to know that the famous Bhagavad Gita is embedded within the pages of the Mahabharata.

The Mahabharata is another transcendental literature that has existed at the dawn of time - and we mustn't forget the other Vedas such as the Rig-Veda and the Atharva-Veda and the Sama veda and the Yagur-Veda and for all your health needs there is the famous Ayurveda which even today is respected and followed by many doctors in the East and West.

I must say: How is it possible for such literary works of art to exist at the dawn of time?

The following is a Quote from the "Mahabharata"

Insincere persons, who speak sweet and pleasant words, are common on this Earth. But those who speak unpleasant yet beneficial words, as well as those who are open to hearing such words, are very rare. A true advisor is one who, disregarding what is pleasant and unpleasant, gives that advice that may be unpleasant yet beneficial, like bitter medicine. —Mahatma Vidura
    Mahabharata 2.61 [ Mahatma Vidura: Mahabharata 2.61]

And Dasa says:
    The Mahabharata is not only the story of India - but more than that it is the story of real transcendental characters - who have chosen to manifest themselves at that time - to fight and engage in a truly magnificent war of good vs evil - and the amazing thing about this war - is that every character even the elephants and the horses - all returned home - home back to Godhead to the spiritual realm.

Warning: There are so many scrupulous and unqualified authors of Vedic literatures - that an innocent reader will definately be caught in the web of speculations that they encourage - so I must implore every person to only study Vedic literatures translated by Srila Prabhupada

Hare Krsna
  2. Standard membercaissad4
    Child of the Novelty
    San Antonio, Texas
    Moves
    22 Nov '14 08:15
    Originally posted by Dasa
    The Mahabharata having over 90,000 verses is the longest poem on earth - and it is also the most spiritually instructive literature on earth as well apart from the Srimad Bhagavatam.

In the Mahabharata there are over 90,000 Sanskrit verses of sweet and often dramatic instructive content - and some may be surprised to know that the famous Bhagavad Gita is em ...[text shortened]... mplore every person to only study Vedic literatures translated by Srila Prabhupada

Hare Krsna
    So you are a Hare Krishna. That explains a lot. Hare, Hare .
  3. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    22 Nov '14 14:03

In the Mahabharata there are over 90,000 Sanskrit verses of sweet and often dramatic instructive content - and some may be surprised to know that the famous Bhagavad Gita is em ...[text shortened]... mplore every person to only study Vedic literatures translated by Srila Prabhupada

Hare Krsna
    Well, maybe your god talks too much.

God has 31,102 inspired verses contained in a book called the Bible. The Word of God, as it is contained in the Bible, are the only truly God inspired words there are to be found.
  4. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    22 Nov '14 14:19
    Originally posted by josephw
    Well, maybe your god talks too much.

God has 31,102 inspired verses contained in a book called the Bible. The Word of God, as it is contained in the Bible, are the only truly God inspired words there are to be found.
    Prove it!
  5. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    22 Nov '14 14:41
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    Prove it!
    Have you ever heard of Sir Robert Anderson?

You should read one of his books. See if you can find a copy of The Coming Prince.
  6. Standard memberDeepThought
    Losing the Thread
    Quarantined World
    Moves
    22 Nov '14 22:41

Hare Krsna
    Sorry I read one of the Krishna Consciousness books and wasn't impressed. The book reported a debate between him and some other people. His "proof" that animals had souls was "proof" by analogy. It took as an axiom, which he wasn't prepared to discuss, that humans had souls, and then argued something along the lines that because two different types of transport had various properties in common, wheels etc., and one had an engine and so does the other, then he listed some properties that animals and humans had in common and on the basis that humans have souls so must animals. Which just doesn't follow at all. You could argue that that increases our confidence that animals have souls, iff humans have souls, but it doesn't prove anything. I think if I ever get around to reading the Vedas I'll keep my own council as to whose translation to read.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A._C._Bhaktivedanta_Swami_Prabhupada
  7. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    23 Nov '14 00:42
    Originally posted by caissad4
    So you are a Hare Krishna. That explains a lot. Hare, Hare .
    You could say.................I am a Hare Krsna devotee in self imposed exile.
  8. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    23 Nov '14 00:46
    You could say.................I am a Hare Krsna devotee in self imposed exile.
    Who's to say you're not an unscrupulous and unqualified devotee of Vedic literature caught up in a web of speculation? You have yourself warned us about this.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree