1. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    07 Jan '15 10:38
    Things You'd Like to Know (answer one and then ask one)

Q. At what point does social assertiveness become aggression?

A.
  2. Joined
    10 Nov '12
    Moves
    07 Jan '15 10:495 edits
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    [b]Things You'd Like to Know (answer one and then ask one)

Q. At what point does social assertiveness become aggression?

A.[/b]
    A. Assertiveness and aggression are two separate things, and one cannot "become" the other. We do sometimes say "his/her assertiveness turned to aggression", but this is imprecise. I think the question asked can only have real meaning if it refers to specific cases.

Q. Which state or area of the United States is represented in "Everybody Loves Raymond?"
  3. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    08 Jan '15 12:54
    Originally posted by NoEarthlyReason
    A. Assertiveness and aggression are two separate things, and one cannot "become" the other. We do sometimes say "his/her assertiveness turned to aggression", but this is imprecise. I think the question asked can only have real meaning if it refers to specific cases.

Q. Which state or area of the United States is represented in "Everybody Loves Raymond?"
    A. Haven't a clue, NER. Thanks for christening the thread.

Q. Is it true that our household pets bear a profound physical appearance or temperament likeness to ourselves?
  4. Standard memberHandyAndy
    Read a book!
    Moves
    08 Jan '15 18:19
    Originally posted by NoEarthlyReason
    The fictional setting is Lynbrook, N.Y., a Long Island suburb of New York City. The town's name is a tribute
    to Brooklyn, original home of many of Lynbrook's early residents.
  5. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    08 Jan '15 18:32
    A. Haven't a clue, NER. Thanks for christening the thread.

Q. Is it true that our household pets bear a profound physical appearance or temperament likeness to ourselves?
    A. Probably not. In our case we have 3 dogs, 2 cats and a lizard and although the lizard is a Bearded Dragon (I am bearded) there is no resemblance to me or my partner likewise with the other creature in our "zoo".
  6. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    08 Jan '15 20:28
    Originally posted by Great Big Stees
    A. Probably not. In our case we have 3 dogs, 2 cats and a lizard and although the lizard is a Bearded Dragon (I am bearded) there is no resemblance to me or my partner likewise with the other creature in our "zoo".
    Thanks, Stees. And your question?
  7. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    08 Jan '15 20:47
    Thanks, Stees. And your question?
    Oh right, let's see.

Q. Why do some people hate other people?
  8. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    09 Jan '15 04:19
    Originally posted by Great Big Stees
    Oh right, let's see.

Q. Why do some people hate other people?
    A. Impossible to know the inner motivations which drive dislike to hatred; however, low self esteem which is easily threatened and hypersensitive self absorption may be covert symptoms of character flaws underlying hatred. imo

Q. Is it true that breakfast toast almost always falls marmalade side down and, if so, why?
  9. rural North Dakota
    Moves
    09 Jan '15 04:33
    A. Impossible to know the inner motivations which drive dislike to hatred; however, low self esteem which is easily threatened and hypersensitive self absorption may be covert symptoms of character flaws underlying hatred. imo

Q. Is it true that breakfast toast almost always falls marmalade side down and, if so, why?
    I have often thought it was because that side is heavier, but I think that it is because the toast is lying on your palm or on the counter with the dry side down. If it is bumped and falls, it is actually flipped over.

Why is it that when you dress for the day or put on your pajamas at bedtime, that the garment is always backwards?
  10. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    09 Jan '15 05:491 edit

A: I don't think so.

Q: for Grampy Bobby: Do you hate, for example, Muslim terrorists because of your "low self esteem" and your "hypersensitive self absorption"?
  11. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    09 Jan '15 05:52
    Originally posted by ale1552
    Why is it that when you dress for the day or put on your pajamas at bedtime, that the garment is always backwards?
    I don't think this is the case.

Q: Why does one always have to have two attempts to insert a flash disk into an out-of-sight USB socket after getting it the wrong way up the first time?
  12. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    09 Jan '15 08:011 edit
    Originally posted by FMF

A: I don't think so.

Q: for Grampy Bobby: Do you hate, for example, Muslim terrorists because of your "low self esteem" and your "hypersensitive self absorption"?
    A. No hatred for any human being past or present; however, I do abhor unconscionable criminal human behaviors.

Q. What do online public forum trolls eat for breakfast?

Originally posted by ale1552

Q. Why is it that when you dress for the day or put on your pajamas at bedtime, that the garment is always backwards?
  13. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    09 Jan '15 08:08
    A. No hatred for any human being past or present; however, I do abhor unconscionable criminal human behaviors.
    Q: So you see people who hate mass murderers as having "self absorption" and covert "character flaws"? It seems an odd attempted definition of "hatred", frankly. People might think you were just taking a swipe at people you abhor. 😉

Q. Why is it that when you dress for the day or put on your pajamas at bedtime, that the garment is always backwards?

A: I don't think this is the case.
  14. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    09 Jan '15 08:13
    "A. No hatred for any human being past or present; however, I do abhor unconscionable criminal human behaviors.

Q. What do online public forum trolls eat for breakfast?"
  15. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    09 Jan '15 08:171 edit
    "A. No hatred for any human being past or present; however, I do abhor unconscionable criminal human behaviors.

Q. What do online public forum trolls eat for breakfast?"
    Q: Was your curious little ad hoc definition of "hatred" simply you taking a swing at people you feel do not respect you?

Q: why do people on message boards so often resort to brandishing the word "troll" when they get a little bit flustered?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree