1. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    24 Jan '15 13:49
    Is it a double standard?

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/david-gregory-affidavit-conservatives-flip
  2. The Catbird's Seat
    Moves
    24 Jan '15 19:31
    Originally posted by Metal Brain
    Is it a double standard?

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/david-gregory-affidavit-conservatives-flip
    I don't know DC gun law, but it seems a tempest in a teapot. The magazine looks to be unloaded, and is about as dangerous as a potato without a matching gun and ammo.
  3. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    28 Jan '15 00:24
    Originally posted by normbenign
    I don't know DC gun law, but it seems a tempest in a teapot. The magazine looks to be unloaded, and is about as dangerous as a potato without a matching gun and ammo.
    Interesting, because I remember when I pointed out that a big black man selling loose cigs was not a threat and that it was a stupid law. You told me I was muddying the debate because a law was broken and it was about resisting arrest.
    By your own standard you are muddying the debate. Gregory may not have resisted arrest but that is because an arrest warrant was not issued. This is about enforcing the law in DC. I guess you don't care if an upper class white guy breaks the law, but if a lower class black man does you do care. I'd like to see Tavis Smiley do the same thing as Gregory and see if the result is different.
  4. Standard memberDeepThought
    Losing the Thread
    Quarantined World
    Moves
    28 Jan '15 02:38
    Originally posted by Metal Brain
    Interesting, because I remember when I pointed out that a big black man selling loose cigs was not a threat and that it was a stupid law. You told me I was muddying the debate because a law was broken and it was about resisting arrest.
    By your own standard you are muddying the debate. Gregory may not have resisted arrest but that is because an arrest w ...[text shortened]... e. I'd like to see Tavis Smiley do the same thing as Gregory and see if the result is different.
    The NRA are hoping to use the law to intimidate opponents. The D.A. refused the arrest warrant because it was clearly ludicrous to prosecute someone for using an unloaded rifle magazine to make a point during a television debate. Had he waved the actual rifle around then that might be a different thing, but he didn't.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree