1. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    27 Jan '15 01:51
    Attention: no1marauder

This thread is specifically for you.

Those who go on-line searching for knowledge about the Vedas should know that 9 out of 10 web-sites you go to are bogus.

This is the only website that I recommend........log onto [www.Vedabase.com-Bhaktivedanta ).........however there are a few more but this 1 website should cover all.

And also everything and anything translated by His Divine Grace AC Bhaktivedanta Swami Prubhupada...............there are 18 volumes of "Srimad Bhagavatam''. and the most famous "Bhagavad Gita As It Is".........and many more.

Note: The bogus web-sites do not translate the Sanskrit correctly and therefore mis-interpret the verses resulting in false knowledge
  2. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    27 Jan '15 02:34
    Originally posted by Dasa
    And also everything and anything translated by His Divine Grace AC Bhaktivedanta Swami Prubhupada...............there are 18 volumes of "Srimad Bhagavatam''. and the most famous "Bhagavad Gita As It Is".........and many more. Note: The bogus web-sites do not translate the Sanskrit correctly and therefore mis-interpret the verses resulting in false knowledge
    You have counselled people before to be wary of false teachers and advised us to seek wisdom from His Divine Grace AC Bhaktivedanta Swami Prubhupada. Did his Divine Grace express his views on Islam? If so, do you agree with them?
  3. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    28 Jan '15 21:372 edits
    Originally posted by FMF
    You have counselled people before to be wary of false teachers and advised us to seek wisdom from His Divine Grace AC Bhaktivedanta Swami Prubhupada. Did his Divine Grace express his views on Islam? If so, do you agree with them?
    No comment because your inquiries are always baiting.

Accept for..............

A dishonest man must search his heart and pluck out all that is against the truth of his spiritual existence.
  4. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    28 Jan '15 23:39
    No comment because your inquiries are always baiting.
    The question strikes directly to the heart of AC Bhaktivedanta Swami Prubhupada's credibility and your credibility by recommending him or contradicting him. You are free to dodge the question of course, but people will make of it what they will. You warn about "bogus" people on the internet but do not offer anything ~ or behave in a way ~ that establishes that you yourself are not "bogus".
  5. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    29 Jan '15 14:59
    Originally posted by FMF
    The question strikes directly to the heart of AC Bhaktivedanta Swami Prubhupada's credibility and your credibility by recommending him or contradicting him. You are free to dodge the question of course, but people will make of it what they will. You warn about "bogus" people on the internet but do not offer anything ~ or behave in a way ~ that establishes that you yourself are not "bogus".
    Dasa has already expressed his opinion of Islam several times and it is not positive.
  6. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    29 Jan '15 15:05
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    Dasa has already expressed his opinion of Islam several times and it is not positive.
    Indeed, Dasa has directly contradicted His Divine Grace AC Bhaktivedanta Swami Prubhupada on the topic. Who is one supposed to believe? 😉
  7. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    30 Jan '15 08:14
    Originally posted by FMF
    Who is one supposed to believe? 😉
    Jesus.
  8. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    30 Jan '15 08:42
    Originally posted by josephw
    Jesus.
    My question is related to his thread ~ not Christianity ~ and is about Dasa recommending His Divine Grace AC Bhaktivedanta Swami Prubhupada while at the same time totally disagreeing with him on what is for Dasa a very important issue.
  9. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    30 Jan '15 11:37
    Originally posted by FMF
    My question is related to his thread ~ not Christianity ~ and is about Dasa recommending His Divine Grace AC Bhaktivedanta Swami Prubhupada while at the same time totally disagreeing with him on what is for Dasa a very important issue.
    I can read FMF.

You have a double standard. You regularly go off topic and down rabbit trails in virtually every thread you post in.
  10. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    30 Jan '15 12:191 edit
    You have a double standard. You regularly go off topic and down rabbit trails in virtually every thread you post in.
    I don't think I do; hardly ever, in fact, when you consider my volume of posting and the threads I participate in.

But people who stumble or choke on inconvenient questions and arguments often waffle on about "rabbit trails" and "misdirection" in their efforts to evade the point or to deflect instead.

On the thread about whether people agree with the Pope's comments on family size recently, when I pressed you on the fact that your stated views were similar to the Pope's, you described my attempt to stick exactly to the topic as trying to get you "bogged down in arguing over trivialities not related to the underlying thread of thought".

It was a peculiar claim on your part.

One has to conclude that you start talking about "rabbit trails" and "trivialities" and the like only when you face a point you don't want to or can't deal with, or when you are caught out being inconsistent or incoherent, or when you are just plain wrong.

Your posting the single word "Jesus" on this thread was a kind of fatuous forum graffiti that I never partake in. The double standard is yours, not mine. 🙂
  11. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    31 Jan '15 04:39
    Originally posted by FMF
    I don't think I do; hardly ever, in fact, when you consider my volume of posting and the threads I participate in.

But people who stumble or choke on inconvenient questions and arguments often waffle on about "rabbit trails" and "misdirection" in their efforts to evade the point or to deflect instead.

On the thread about whether people agree with the Pop ...[text shortened]... nd of fatuous forum graffiti that I never partake in. The double standard is yours, not mine. 🙂
    Originally posted by FMF
    Who is one supposed to believe?

To that I said, Jesus.

You take issue with that and go off on a tangent. Just leave it alone. Why get all worked up over it?
  12. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    31 Jan '15 05:211 edit
    Originally posted by FMF
    Who is one supposed to believe?

To that I said, Jesus.
    Who is one supposed to believe, Dasa or His Divine Grace AC Bhaktivedanta Swami Prubhupada? "Jesus" is the tangent on this thread. 😀
  13. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    31 Jan '15 06:331 edit
    Attention: no1marauder

This thread is specifically for you.

Those who go on-line searching for knowledge about the Vedas should know that 9 out of 10 web-sites you go to are bogus.

This is the only website that I recommend........log onto [www.Vedabase.com-Bhaktivedanta ).........however there are a few more but this 1 website should cover all.

A ...[text shortened]... slate the Sanskrit correctly and therefore mis-interpret the verses resulting in false knowledge
    "Attention: no1marauder

This thread is specifically for you."

Hello, No1?

Hello?

Oh, yoo hoo...?
  14. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    31 Jan '15 19:40
    Originally posted by FMF
    Who is one supposed to believe, Dasa or His Divine Grace AC Bhaktivedanta Swami Prubhupada? "Jesus" is the tangent on this thread. 😀
    There are more than just two options.

The question, "Who is one supposed to believe?", is an open question not limited to just the two options you gave, even though the context in which you asked it has to do with Dasa's contradiction of the two choices.

Since there is a contradiction, then a third option is required.

Jesus is the one to believe.
  15. Joined
    22 Sep '07
    Moves
    31 Jan '15 20:44
    There are more than just two options.

The question, "Who is one supposed to believe?", is an open question not limited to just the two options you gave, even though the context in which you asked it has to do with Dasa's contradiction of the two ceringhoices.

Since there is a contradiction, then a third option is required.

Jesus is the one to believe.
    Maybe the third option is Atheism, after all, the huge number of differing beliefs devalues them all.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree