1. Joined
    28 Jan '15
    Moves
    28 Jan '15 07:571 edit
    Is it right or biblical that a church should be registered with the SEC (Securities and Exchange Commission)?
  2. Joined
    28 Jan '15
    Moves
    28 Jan '15 07:58
    Any thoughts from you guys?
  3. Account suspended
    Moves
    28 Jan '15 08:35
    Originally posted by kevinlee123
    in some countries for example Russia you need to be a registered religion in order to carry out services and stuff, otherwise you may face legal challenges and the authorities can arrest you and confiscate or close down your premises. Paul speaks of legally establishing the good news.
  4. Joined
    28 Jan '15
    Moves
    28 Jan '15 09:38
    Some people people disapprove this by quoting Matthew 22:21 ...render to Caesar the things that are Caesar’s, and to God the things that are God’s.” They assert that the church doesn't belong to the world, but to God.

Do you have any thing to say in detailed?
  5. Account suspended
    Moves
    28 Jan '15 09:432 edits
    Some people people disapprove this by quoting Matthew 22:21 ...render to Caesar the things that are Caesar’s, and to God the things that are God’s.” They assert that the church doesn't belong to the world, but to God.

Do you have any thing to say in detailed?
    And yet we are also counselled to be submissive to the secular authorities. Anyone who takes a stance against them has taken a stance against the arrangement of God, Romans chapter 13. Therefore whether you deem the church to belong to the state or to God you are still under duress to obey the law of the land and if that law determines that you need to register your church then in order to comply with the admonition of Romans chapter 13, one needs to do that.
  6. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    28 Jan '15 11:50
    Is it right or biblical that a church should be registered with the SEC (Securities and Exchange Commission)?
    I don't think it is mandatory from any biblical perspective. The community of a congregation may want to have certain tax status. And in that realm the government may require such entities to be registered with certain regulatory commissions.

Then they should comply.

There is nothing biblical insisting that a congregation seek such tax benefits, I don't think.

Doesn't this depend upon the circumstances of various countries as to their laws?
  7. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    28 Jan '15 15:22
    Is it right or sensible that a person should join be registered with this chess site and not play chess?
  8. Joined
    28 Jan '15
    Moves
    28 Jan '15 23:24
    Originally posted by divegeester
    Is it right or sensible that a person should join be registered with this chess site and not play chess?
    What do you mean I don't play chess? I have two moves for now.
  9. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    29 Jan '15 05:07
    What do you mean I don't play chess? I have two moves for now.
    He plays chess. And he's good. I played him.
  10. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    29 Jan '15 07:39
    Originally posted by sonship
    He plays chess. And he's good. I played him.
    Even a patzer like me knows that attempting fools mate is not indicative of a good player.
  11. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    29 Jan '15 13:572 edits
    Even a patzer like me knows that attempting fools mate is not indicative of a good player.
    Not necessarily. When you don't know HOW experienced the other player is and you want a QUICK mark up on points, sure, a fool's mate ploy might be tried.

I can see that a lot of players who play me assume that I may miss an early and easy defeat.
  12. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    29 Jan '15 15:07
    Not necessarily. When you don't know HOW experienced the other player is and you want a QUICK mark up on points, sure, a fool's mate ploy might be tried.

I can see that a lot of players who play me assume that I may miss an early and easy defeat.
    Well I guess you must be the chess benchmark around here.
  13. Joined
    10 Apr '12
    Moves
    29 Jan '15 18:20
    Well I guess you must be the chess benchmark around here.
    All I can say for all the chess is "ob smatz ker patz". This is true for all of us as we are at this point all imperfect humans.
  14. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    29 Jan '15 20:03
    Kevin, now I am confused. Your stats say 0 games played. Didn't we play a game or two ? Or am I mistaken ?
  15. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    31 Jan '15 09:322 edits
    Kevin, now I am confused. Your stats say 0 games played. Didn't we play a game or two ? Or am I mistaken ?
    Try this guy: @kevin-lee-poracan. Or one of his other usernames.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree