1. Joined
    22 Sep '07
    Moves
    30 Jan '15 23:17
    If you had to choose two religions for the world, what would they be, and why?
  2. Account suspended
    Moves
    30 Jan '15 23:28

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

3. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    31 Jan '15 00:06
    Originally posted by OdBod
    Obviously I would not be actually choosing them, because by the nature of my choices, they would be chosen by their members.

I would choose Buddhism and Universal Unitarianism, with the hope that they would grow together as suggested at:

http://www.uua.org/beliefs/welcome/buddhism/151243.shtml
  4. Joined
    31 May '06
    Moves
    31 Jan '15 00:20
    The post that was quoted here has been removed
    Because the Abrahamic religions are universally awful.
  5. Joined
    31 May '06
    Moves
    31 Jan '15 00:21
    Originally posted by JS357
    Obviously I would not be actually choosing them, because by the nature of my choices, they would be chosen by their members.

I would choose Buddhism and Universal Unitarianism, with the hope that they would grow together as suggested at:

http://www.uua.org/beliefs/welcome/buddhism/151243.shtml
    If you had to have religions at all... That's not a bad pair in terms of harm minimisation, I could live with those two.
  6. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    31 Jan '15 09:27
    Orthodox Pastafarianism and Neo-Reformed Pastafarianism.
  7. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    01 Feb '15 13:421 edit
    I would not want to presume to choose a religion or two for the world.
    I would want to believe what a revealing God gave the world as truth.
  8. Cape Town
    Moves
    01 Feb '15 14:26
    Jainism and Buddhism.
  9. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    01 Feb '15 17:05
    Originally posted by googlefudge
    If you had to have religions at all... That's not a bad pair in terms of harm minimisation, I could live with those two.
    And at least as important, they could live with you.
  10. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    01 Feb '15 19:141 edit
    I may be biased, but Christianity is the only one that makes sense to me. However, even it has been corrupted by the likes of Mormans and Jehovah's Witnesses. The worse corruption of the Abrahamic religions is Islam, which I believe must have been inspired directly by Satan the Devil.

YouTube
  11. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    01 Feb '15 21:34
    There already are only two "religions".

The one is of unbelief, manifested in all the ways of man leading away from the other, which is of faith in the son of the one and only living God. Jesus.
  12. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    02 Feb '15 09:25
    atheism and theism.

because it would comply with that freedom of religion idea.
  13. Cape Town
    Moves
    02 Feb '15 09:31
    Originally posted by Zahlanzi
    atheism and theism.

because it would comply with that freedom of religion idea.
    Atheism isn't a religion.
  14. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    02 Feb '15 16:241 edit
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    Atheism isn't a religion.
    Atheists Score Major Win In Federal Court

by Jack Jenkins Posted on November 3, 2014 at 9:59 am

A federal district court in Oregon has declared Secular Humanism a religion, paving the way for the non-theistic community to obtain the same legal rights as groups such as Christianity.

On Thursday, October 30, Senior District Judge Ancer Haggerty issued a ruling on American Humanist Association v. United States, a case that was brought by the American Humanist Association (AHA) and Jason Holden, a federal prisoner. Holden pushed for the lawsuit because he wanted Humanism — which the AHA defines as “an ethical and life-affirming philosophy free of belief in any gods and other supernatural forces” — recognized as a religion so that his prison would allow for the creation of a Humanist study group. Haggerty sided with the plaintiffs in his decision, citing existing legal precedent and arguing that denying Humanists the same rights as groups such as Christianity would be highly suspect under the Establishment Clause in the U.S. Constitution, which declares that Congress “shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion.”

“The court finds that Secular Humanism is a religion for Establishment Clause purposes,” the ruling read.

The decision highlights the unusual position of the Humanist community, which has tried for years to obtain the same legal rights as more traditional religious groups while simultaneously rebuking the existence of a god or gods. But while some Humanists may chafe at being called a “religion,” others feel that the larger pursuit of equal rights trumps legal classifications.

Maybe Atheism has become a religion under the name of Secular Humanism.
  15. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    07 Feb '15 07:40
    Originally posted by sonship
    I would not want to presume to choose a religion or two for the world.
    I would want to believe what a revealing God gave the world as truth.
    The question was "If you had to ..." not would you want to. 🙄

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree