1. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    02 Feb '15 02:59
    Most of you are probably familiar with the verses that day a woman should submit to her husband "in all subjection", or some variation of that. Do religious people here expect their wives to be completely subjected to them? Any women here expect to obey their husbands in this manner (or already do)? If not, aren't you or your wife disobeying the Word of God?
  2. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    02 Feb '15 03:15
    Originally posted by vivify
    Most of you are probably familiar with the verses that day a woman should submit to her husband "in all subjection", or some variation of that. Do religious people here expect their wives to be completely subjected to them? Any women here expect to obey their husbands in this manner (or already do)? If not, aren't you or your wife disobeying the Word of God?
    Are you married? Are you a man or a woman? How much do you know about the institution of marriage? Are you familiar with everything the Word of God says about the relationship between a man and a woman within the marriage?
  3. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    02 Feb '15 03:31
    Yes, of course.
  4. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    02 Feb '15 05:02
    Originally posted by josephw
    Are you married? Are you a man or a woman? How much do you know about the institution of marriage? Are you familiar with everything the Word of God says about the relationship between a man and a woman within the marriage?
    Yes to all, and married six years.
  5. Standard memberRBHILL
    Acts 13:48
    California
    Moves
    02 Feb '15 05:13
    In a God fearing way as long as I love her as Christ loved the church. #1. Problem is communication. Listen to your wife without salving the problem then come back in a few days with advice if it has to do with someone other then yourself.
  6. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    02 Feb '15 05:16
    Yes to all, and married six years.
    Yes to all?

Just a little ambiguous don't you think? Are you a man or a woman? Yes? I guess you must be! 😉
  7. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    02 Feb '15 07:41
    Originally posted by josephw
    Yes to all?

Just a little ambiguous don't you think? Are you a man or a woman? Yes? I guess you must be! 😉
    That's funny. You must be a man or a woman.
  8. Joined
    31 Aug '06
    Moves
    02 Feb '15 08:35
    If the wife is a homosexual man trapped in a woman's body, who should submit then? And is it okay for the man to submit to the wife, if the man is a woman in a man's body, and the wife is a man trapped in a woman's body? The bible is so confusing.
  9. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    02 Feb '15 08:43
    Originally posted by C Hess
    If the wife is a homosexual man trapped in a woman's body, who should submit then? And is it okay for the man to submit to the wife, if the man is a woman in a man's body, and the wife is a man trapped in a woman's body? The bible is so confusing.
    Very confusing to those who do not use common sense. 😏
  10. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    02 Feb '15 09:181 edit
    there was one contributor that is no longer posting who claimed that should her husband demand they place all their life savings under a rock in a forest, she would be compelled and quite happy to obey. (i think it was betty something)
  11. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    02 Feb '15 09:49
    If not, aren't you or your wife disobeying the Word of God?
    I guess so. Maybe the Easter Bunny doesn't like us either.
  12. Joined
    31 Aug '06
    Moves
    02 Feb '15 10:313 edits
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    Very confusing to those who do not use common sense. 😏
    The confusing part is that the bible doesn't deal with these issues, and it's supposedly the word of the most wise. Also, if a homosexual man is trapped in a woman's body, does that mean that this man is sinful having sex with another man? Shouldn't he in fact lay with a woman, be she in a female or male body?

Common sense tells me that this is significant enough that an almighty being should have included a word or two about it, if he's going to inflict this situation on people.
  13. Account suspended
    Moves
    02 Feb '15 11:10
    why stop at ones wife? I expect the whole world to by submissive!
  14. Account suspended
    Moves
    02 Feb '15 11:153 edits
    Originally posted by C Hess
    The confusing part is that the bible doesn't deal with these issues, and it's supposedly the word of the most wise. Also, if a homosexual man is trapped in a woman's body, does that mean that this man is sinful having sex with another man? Shouldn't he in fact lay with a woman, be she in a female or male body?

Common sense tells me that this is significan ...[text shortened]... should have included a word or two about it, if he's going to inflict this situation on people.
    There is no such thing as a homosexual man trapped inside a women's body. Every one is capable of homosexual or heterosexual acts making them in essence neither. They are simply free moral agents with the capacity to act in either way. These bitter protestations against the character of God are unfounded.

I reject all assertions of a genetic predisposition acting as a causation for its naught but materialistic jive talk. Gender is defined by the physiology of the human body and sexuality by acts.

'onest guv it was my genes wot made me do it!
  15. Joined
    24 Apr '10
    Moves
    02 Feb '15 11:19
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    There is no such thing as a homosexual man trapped inside a women's body. Every one is capable of homosexual or heterosexual acts making them in essence neither. They are simply free moral agents with the capacity to act in either way. These bitter protestations against the character of God are unfounded.

I reject all assertions of a genetic predi ...[text shortened]... alistic jive talk. Gender is defined by the physiology of the human body and sexuality by acts.
    There we go again...

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree