1. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    03 Feb '15 07:10
    Explosive Geological Evidence For Creation: Mt. St. Helens

Geology and the assumption of an ancient earth have been used as a wedge to cast doubt on God's Word for over 200 years. Many believe Mt. St. Helens was God's wake-up call to the compromising Christian community. This highly visual presentation shows the result of the earth reshaping forces which were occurring during and subsequent to the world wide flood.

From the rapid formation of vast rock layers to dinosaurs; from the origin of the ice age to coal formation; this talk shows how science supports a straightforward Biblical perspective of earth history.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?x-yt-ts=1422579428&x-yt-cl=85114404&v=9OIrubRBg3Q
  2. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    03 Feb '15 09:44
    Originally posted by RJHinds

Geology and the assumption of an ancient earth have been used as a wedge to cast doubt on God's Word for over 200 years. Many believe Mt. St. Helens was God's wake-up call to the compromising Christian community. This highly visual presentation shows the result of the earth reshaping forces which ...[text shortened]... arth history.

still stupid.
  3. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    04 Feb '15 05:13
    Evidence for Earth's Instant Creation - Polonium Halos in Granite and Coal

YouTube
  4. Joined
    31 Aug '06
    Moves
    04 Feb '15 09:31
    😵

Stop it! You're killing me with these threads.
  5. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    04 Feb '15 11:53

Geology and the assumption of an ancient earth have been used as a wedge to cast doubt on God's Word for over 200 years. Many believe Mt. St. Helens was God's wake-up call to the compromising Christian community. This highly visual presentation shows the result of the earth reshaping forces which ...[text shortened]... arth history.

Well at least it is here in the science fiction channel.
  6. Joined
    22 Sep '07
    Moves
    04 Feb '15 14:16
    I want a pint of what Mr RJHinds is drinking!
  7. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    06 Feb '15 21:35
    Originally posted by OdBod
    I want a pint of what Mr RJHinds is drinking!
    It's the Holy Spirit. 😏

HaleluYah !!! Praise the LORD! Holy! Holy! Holy!
  8. Joined
    22 Sep '07
    Moves
    06 Feb '15 22:59
    It's the Holy Spirit. 😏

HaleluYah !!! Praise the LORD! Holy! Holy! Holy!
    A PINT of spirit? Now I know why you come out with this stuff!🙂
  9. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    07 Feb '15 07:59
    Do you really?
  10. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    10 Feb '15 20:02
    No, it took a LOT more hooch than that to addle HIS brain.
  11. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    10 Feb '15 23:48
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    No, it took a LOT more hooch than that to addle HIS brain.
    You believe your first ancestor came from a primordial soup. To believe that requires someone to have an addled brain.

http://leiwenwu.tripod.com/primordials.htm
  12. Joined
    31 May '06
    Moves
    11 Feb '15 00:35
    You believe your first ancestor came from a primordial soup. To believe that requires someone to have an addled brain.

http://leiwenwu.tripod.com/primordials.htm
    No, just an ability to absorb and understand concepts that you could never grasp.

There are actually a whole bunch of places that the first life could have formed.

The biggest problem for answering the question in answering how life actually formed
    is not that we don't have any viable mechanisms, it's that we have to many.

It could have been any of them, or several.

Horizontal gene transfer which is very rare in larger complex life forms but is common
    among viruses and bacteria could easily wipe any evidence of multiple different first
    life forms as they swapped genes with each other.

We can and have experimentally verified that everything you need to build life forms
    spontaneously in the kinds of conditions we expect and see evidence for on a young
    planet... All that's left is a large enough volume with those conditions to be left for
    a long enough time.

Which is not an experiment we can do, as that would require huge totally sterile
    experiments to be left running for probably millions of years.

Nature had an entire planet, and hundreds of millions of years to do it.

The next best thing to being able to do the test here is to see if there are any other worlds
    with life on.

Seeing life elsewhere in the solar system would be a good start, but there is always the risk
    of cross contamination by asteroid impacts, so it could have been life from Earth that
    got spread to other worlds.

However we will shortly have telescopes capable of directly analysing the atmosphere and
    even imaging Earth sized worlds around other stars.

I expect to see images of an extra-solar planet with life on it within me lifetime, in fact I
    expect to see such images in the next 20~30 years. [which is a hopefully much shorter timespan]
  13. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    11 Feb '15 04:04
    Originally posted by googlefudge
    No, just an ability to absorb and understand concepts that you could never grasp.

There are actually a whole bunch of places that the first life could have formed.

The biggest problem for answering the question in answering how life actually formed
    is not that we don't have any viable mechanisms, it's that we have to many.

It could have been ...[text shortened]...
    expect to see such images in the next 20~30 years. [which is a hopefully much shorter timespan]
    For those having problem with the forming of the first life, I suggest they consult the Genesis account of creation in the Holy Bible. 😏

HalleluYah !!! Praise the LORD! Holy! Holy! Holy!
  14. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    11 Feb '15 15:42
    For those having problem with the forming of the first life, I suggest they consult the Genesis account of creation in the Holy Bible. 😏

HalleluYah !!! Praise the LORD! Holy! Holy! Holy!
    AND, for you lucky few, I have a GREAT slightly used bridge for sale in Brooklyn.
  15. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    11 Feb '15 23:34
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    AND, for you lucky few, I have a GREAT slightly used bridge for sale in Brooklyn.
    We YEC Christians are not interested to a bridge to Brooklyn. We are interested in the Doorway to paradise in God's Heaven. 😏

HalleluYah !!! Praise the Lord! Holy! Holy! Holy!

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree