1. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    13 Feb '15 19:10
    I've come to realize that the greatest problem with Islamic theology is the concept of continual jihad.

In the Bible we have accounts of Hebrews being told to wipe out entire cities and to eventually settle the Promised land and no further.

During the Crusades men came to "liberate" the Holy Land, which is code for looting it, and then coming home. Their goals were finite and limited.

However, with Islam we have edicts to attack the Jew/infidel where you find him. There is no end to it. This is perpetual war and genocide.
  2. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    13 Feb '15 19:31
    Originally posted by whodey
    I've come to realize that the greatest problem with Islamic theology is the concept of continual jihad.

In the Bible we have accounts of Hebrews being told to wipe out entire cities and to eventually settle the Promised land and no further.

During the Crusades men came to "liberate" the Holy Land, which is code for looting it, and then coming home. The ...[text shortened]... the Jew/infidel where you find him. There is no end to it. This is perpetual war and genocide.
    As I have said to you before, if we are both wrong, and Islam does propagate and implement the true revelation and wishes of God, and if Christianity does not, then your personal preference for Christianity and your dislike for Islam ~ and all the atrocities carried out by a worrying number of its adherents ~ is really neither here nor there.
  3. Account suspended
    Moves
    13 Feb '15 19:39

During the Crusades men came to "liberate" the Holy Land, which is code for looting it, and then coming home. The ...[text shortened]... the Jew/infidel where you find him. There is no end to it. This is perpetual war and genocide.
    Making 200,000 women widows in Iraq and bombing children with drones doesn't help much. . . just sayin.
  4. Standard memberBigDogg
    Secret RHP coder
    on the payroll
    Moves
    13 Feb '15 19:57
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    Making 200,000 women widows in Iraq and bombing children with drones doesn't help much. . . just sayin.
    Amen.
  5. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    13 Feb '15 20:523 edits

Here's a potentially controversial pov; militant Islam would not be what it is today if the west's enemies didn't empower it. By enemies I specifically mean those with money: Saudi, China, Korea and Russia. Where does ISIS get its Kalashnikovs for example; buried in the sand?
  6. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    13 Feb '15 22:47
    Was the US there to kill Muslims or was it about oil Robbie?
  7. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    13 Feb '15 22:49
    Originally posted by divegeester
    Here's a potentially controversial pov; militant Islam would not be what it is today if the west's enemies didn't empower it. By enemies I specifically mean those with money: Saudi, China, Korea and Russia. Where does ISIS get its Kalashnikovs for example; buried in the sand?
    Sure, money rules. If the area was not oil rich, most of what has happened would not be happening on such a large scale.

But let's face some facts, Muslims have the oil and have large numbers of adherents. That gives them tremendous political sway.
  8. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    13 Feb '15 22:501 edit
    Originally posted by BigDoggProblem
    Amen.
    I notice no one mentioned the poor Muslims killed in Libya by Obama.

Did that help any?

I despise "W" and Obama equally. Actually, it is the only position to take that is not full of hypocrisy.
  9. Joined
    31 May '06
    Moves
    13 Feb '15 22:52
    I notice no one mentioned the poor Muslims killed in Libya by Obama.

Did that help any?

I despise "W" and Obama equally. Actually, it is the only position to take that is not full of hypocrisy.
    Nope, it very likely didn't help.
  10. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    13 Feb '15 23:03
    Originally posted by googlefudge
    Nope, it very likely didn't help.
    I dunno, the US lost an ambassador and from what I hear the country is full of ISIS want-a-be's.

Sounds like a win/win.
  11. Account suspended
    Moves
    13 Feb '15 23:06
    Was the US there to kill Muslims or was it about oil Robbie?
    I thought the US went there for a holiday?
  12. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    13 Feb '15 23:24
    Originally posted by FMF
    As I have said to you before, if we are both wrong, and Islam [b]does propagate and implement the true revelation and wishes of God, and if Christianity does not, then your personal preference for Christianity and your dislike for Islam ~ and all the atrocities carried out by a worrying number of its adherents ~ is really neither here nor there.[/b]
    What does this have to do with God?

If there is a mandate to kill a certain number of people with followers, then you have a problem.

In the Christian world, they used to target Jews for sport. It was open season. Now that is not the case. Islam, however, has open season on infidels of every kind.
  13. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    13 Feb '15 23:24
    I thought the US went there for a holiday?
    Christmas, your favorite.
  14. Joined
    31 May '06
    Moves
    14 Feb '15 00:08

No.

The greatest problem with Islam is that it teaches people that it's not just ok,
    but required that you believe based on faith and that morality is determined
    by god and comes from divine authority.

Exactly the same problem as Christianity, they just haven't had hundreds of
    years of being dragged towards that light by secular morality.
  15. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    14 Feb '15 01:09
    Originally posted by BigDoggProblem
    Amen.
    But Obama does not want boots on the ground.

Obama asserts 'no boots on the ground,' but others dissent

President Barack Obama's firm determination that no more American combat forces will be introduced in the Middle East battlefield may well thwart his intention to "degrade and ultimately destroy" the new threat of the Islamic State in Iraq and Syria.

Many U.S. military experts, including Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff Gen. Martin Dempsey, have suggested that eventually some such troops may be required to carry out that definitive order. They note particularly that on-the-ground forces to spot and guide targets for the air strikes already under way are essential for maximum success. Some others have proposed insertion of U.S. Special Forces onto the battlefield in contested parts of Iraq and Syria.

http://touch.baltimoresun.com/#section/-1/article/p2p-82142731/

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree