1. Joined
    21 Nov '14
    Moves
    04 Mar '15 06:551 edit
    Just played my OWN NOVELTY in a chess.com tournament. In a Dutch def. my improvement is 1. d4, e6 2. c4, f5 3. Nf3, Nf6 4. Bg5, Be7 5. e3, 0-0 6. Nc3 ,c5 !! I'm black, of course...my opponent said he searched everywhere but couldn't find my huge improvement ever played before. He followed with 7. Be2 ..since I have a big positional advantage, he will be crushed in the middlegame. How many of you players here can claim a TN ??
  2. Standard membercaissad4
    Child of the Novelty
    San Antonio, Texas
    Moves
    04 Mar '15 07:16
    Originally posted by woadman
    Just played my OWN NOVELTY in a chess.com tournament. In a Dutch def. my improvement is 1. d4, e6 2. c4, f5 3. Nf3, Nf6 4. Bg5, Be7 5. e3, 0-0 6. Nc3 ,c5 !! I'm black, of course...my opponent said he searched everywhere but couldn't find my huge improvement ever played before. He followed with 7. Be2 ..since I have a big positional advantage, he will be crushed in the middlegame. How many of you players here can claim a TN ??
    Yes I have. In the Najdorf var. of the KID I showed that white queen placement was equally effective on e2 or c2. But that was 25 years ago.
  3. Joined
    18 Feb '10
    Moves
    04 Mar '15 08:53
    Here is a game from 1849:
  4. Joined
    15 Aug '12
    Moves
    04 Mar '15 10:211 edit
    Monte Carlo Analysis:

Move 6 before black's move:

White Win: 35%
    Draw: 45%
    Black Win: 20%
    Games played: 1000.
    Search depth: 10
    Tree Size: Broad

After black's 6th move:

White win: 29%
    Draw: 51%
    Black win: 20%
    Games Played: 1000

So basically, according to Deep Rybka 4 using Monte Carlo, your 6th moved improved your chances of drawing the game by 6%. White still wins 290 games out of a thousand compared to black's 200 out of 1000 which is the same before the move.

One thing appears certain here: you do not possess a big positional advantage according to the computer as the computer gives white a superior position and nor was your improvement 'huge' and you aren't the first to have played it. 🙄

The joke is on you.
  5. Standard memberAmaurote
    No Name Maddox
    County Doledrum
    Moves
    04 Mar '15 10:361 edit
    Interesting, precedents aside, would it be possible for you to post your entire game here?
  6. Joined
    21 Jun '06
    Moves
    04 Mar '15 10:46
    woadman: Thank you for sharing your "TN". The many posts on Chess Forum that are "not worth my read". They numbes my brain (perhaps it is numbed already since that is a trait on me reaching out for chess forum).

I liked you TN. It reminds me of positions in English opening when BAM. White plays f4 and get play on both flanks.

I think your move is fully playable and until Anand, Svidler, Leko, Grishuk try it it remains to be tested on the very top. Hopefully some day in the future this will happen.

I would like from the Tiger to share the Processor he used and the completed time of the running his monte carlo. After all, it's a monte carlo so basically that usually mean a very long (like 6 h plus) time for the calculation to complete.

I just assume that the Tiger left his PC running overnight and not only 20 min. Since that would give data that is - Crap. Tiger Crap.

Back at university I did some monte carlos myself as part of my education. in Bioinformatics broad coarse called "introduction to bioinformatics". I also did monte carlo in course "Calculation science II".

Here are links explaining MC much better than me, from google.

http://www.stat.ucla.edu/~zhou/courses/Stats102C/Stats102C-Syllabus-13S.pdf

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monte_Carlo_method

http://se.mathworks.com/discovery/monte-carlo-simulation.html

http://robotics.stanford.edu/~itayl/mcs/

http://www.biomedcentral.com/1471-2105/12/104
  7. Joined
    29 Oct '09
    Moves
    04 Mar '15 11:57
    my huge improvement
    And how big is your penis?
  8. SubscriberPaul Leggett
    Chess Librarian
    The Stacks
    Moves
    04 Mar '15 12:40
    Originally posted by Data Fly
    Here is a game from 1849:
    [pgn]
    [Event "Brighton m ;HCL 34"]
    [Site "Brighton m ;HCL 34"]
    [Date "1849.??.??"]
    [EventDate "?"]
    [Round "9"]
    [Result "0-1"]
    [White "Daniel Harrwitz"]
    [Black "Bernhard Horwitz"]
    [ECO "A84"]
    [WhiteElo "?"]
    [BlackElo "?"]
    [PlyCount "68"]

1.d4 e6 2.c4 f5 3.Nc3 Nf6 4.Bg5 Be7 5.Nf3 O-O 6.e3 c5 7.d5 Ne4
    8.Bxe7 Qxe7 9.Nx ...[text shortened]... .Qg3 Qe3
    29.Qxd6 Qf2+ 30.Kh1 Qxf3+ 31.Kh2 Qf2+ 32.Kh1 Qe1+ 33.Kh2 Rf2+
    34.Kh3 Rf3+ 0-1
    [/pgn]
    Before I looked at the header, I was sure you were going to show a game by Staunton, because he played Bird's Opening with F4 and c4.

I think I have 10-15 books on the Dutch, so I will thumb through to see what I find.
  9. Joined
    15 Aug '12
    Moves
    04 Mar '15 12:42
    Originally posted by bikingviking
    woadman: Thank you for sharing your "TN". The many posts on Chess Forum that are "not worth my read". They numbes my brain (perhaps it is numbed already since that is a trait on me reaching out for chess forum).

I liked you TN. It reminds me of positions in English opening when BAM. White plays f4 and get play on both flanks.

I think your move is ...[text shortened]... tml

http://robotics.stanford.edu/~itayl/mcs/

http://www.biomedcentral.com/1471-2105/12/104
    It's sad that the first post you deem worth a read comes from woadman.
  10. Joined
    21 Jun '06
    Moves
    04 Mar '15 13:231 edit
    Originally posted by King Tiger
    It's sad that... [deleted]
    Flame on you ! :::; 🙁 `t`i`g`e`r```C~R~A~P

Forgive me for calling your post for what it is. Tiger Crap. Until you answer my 2 questions. But by all means I did not expect you to.

If you are "short on time" and never will answer my 2 qw then. Your numbers are C~R~A~P.
  11. Joined
    21 Nov '14
    Moves
    04 Mar '15 14:22
    Originally posted by Amaurote
    Interesting, precedents aside, would it be possible for you to post your entire game here?
    Will be glad to post entire game once it's finished.
  12. Joined
    21 Nov '14
    Moves
    04 Mar '15 14:25
    Originally posted by Paul Leggett
    Before I looked at the header, I was sure you were going to show a game by Staunton, because he played Bird's Opening with F4 and c4.

I think I have 10-15 books on the Dutch, so I will thumb through to see what I find.
    Thank you very much..I am interested to see what your books contain about the Woadman Variation.
  13. Joined
    21 Nov '14
    Moves
    04 Mar '15 14:32
    Originally posted by King Tiger
    Monte Carlo Analysis:

Move 6 before black's move:

White Win: 35%
    Draw: 45%
    Black Win: 20%
    Games played: 1000.

After black's 6th move:

White win: 29%
    Draw: 51%
    Black win: 20%
    Games Played: 1000

So basically, according to Deep Rybka 4 using Monte Carlo, your 6th m ...[text shortened]... as your improvement 'huge' and you aren't the first to have played it. 🙄

The joke is on you.
    I don't own Deep Rybka and Monte Carlo or a huge database like Chessbase. Apparently many players on RHP do. I was not aware of the 1849 game, so I stand corrected..quite willing to admit it isn't a true TN. Woadman is now eating Humble Pie. (While you chess engine users are still eating crow).
  14. Subscriber64squaresofpain
    The drunk knight
    Stuck on g1
    Moves
    04 Mar '15 16:18
    Originally posted by WanderingKing
    And how big is your penis?
    Come now, we should not laugh at the size of his improvement.

🙂
  15. Joined
    15 Aug '12
    Moves
    04 Mar '15 17:38
    Originally posted by bikingviking
    Flame on you ! :::; 🙁 `t`i`g`e`r```C~R~A~P

Forgive me for calling your post for what it is. Tiger Crap. Until you answer my 2 questions. But by all means I did not expect you to.

If you are "short on time" and never will answer my 2 qw then. Your numbers are C~R~A~P.
    You've come to the wrong table if you are wanting a mud throwing contest. If you had approached me kindly I would have been most happy to accommodate-but since you've made an @ss of yourself I feel no such obligation. Cheers!

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree