1. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    05 Mar '15 00:14
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2979615/Jeb-Bush-campaign-cash-s-asking-donors-cap-super-PAC-contributions-1-MILLION-needs-more.html#ixzz3TS5xcZKF

Jeb Bush is raising to much money, he is telling donors to stop giving.
  2. Standard memberfinnegan
    GENS UNA SUMUS
    Moves
    05 Mar '15 00:28
    Originally posted by whodey
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2979615/Jeb-Bush-campaign-cash-s-asking-donors-cap-super-PAC-contributions-1-MILLION-needs-more.html#ixzz3TS5xcZKF

The idea seems to be to demonstrate that this candidate is not dependent on the richest 1%.
    Bush advisers, the Post reported, are becoing concerned that the former Florida governor might get a reputation as a tool of big business and the rich, and want instead to stress his independence and ties to far more small-dollar contributors.

The perception that 2012 Republican presidential nominee Mitt Romney was a detached, wealthy candidate who identified most with America's '1 per cent' was among the factors leading to his defeat.

If a donor has up to $1m to give away that donor is safely in the top 1% of any State in the USA. http://www.businessinsider.com/one-percent-state-map-2014-9?IR=T

So this is farcical and could only make sense to people who have lost sight of social reality.
  3. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    05 Mar '15 00:421 edit
    So the top contenders are a woman who's married to a former president, and a man whose brother and father were U.S.presidents.

Political nepotism: it's monarchy without the carbs.
  4. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    05 Mar '15 12:50
    Originally posted by vivify
    So the top contenders are a woman who's married to a former president, and a man whose brother and father were U.S.presidents.

Political nepotism: it's monarchy without the carbs.
    To think that another Bush, especially after the legacy of the last one, is in the position to win the White House again is unthinkable.

As for Hillary, she has enough baggage for an around the world vaction...........10 times!

It matters little to me which one of these clowns win because I really can't tell them apart.

The attempt to start a Republic to represent the common man may have been a noble task, but it is mere fantasy today. No such Republic exists.
  5. Germany
    Moves
    05 Mar '15 13:53
    To think that another Bush, especially after the legacy of the last one, is in the position to win the White House again is unthinkable.

As for Hillary, she has enough baggage for an around the world vaction...........10 times!

It matters little to me which one of these clowns win because I really can't tell them apart.

The attempt to start a Republi ...[text shortened]... e common man may have been a noble task, but it is mere fantasy today. No such Republic exists.
    It's a mere fantasy... except where it has been done successfully.
  6. Joined
    18 Jan '07
    Moves
    05 Mar '15 16:57
    The attempt to start a Republic to represent the common man may have been a noble task, but it is mere fantasy today. No such Republic exists.
    Oh, come on. It was never the honest intent in the first place. You should read what Washington really thought of the plebs... Why do you think the USA is a two-party first-past-the-post system, and not a true proportional democracy?
  7. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    05 Mar '15 17:53
    Originally posted by Shallow Blue
    Oh, come on. It was never the honest intent in the first place. You should read what Washington really thought of the plebs... Why do you think the USA is a two-party first-past-the-post system, and not a true proportional democracy?
    You don't give men like Washington enough credit. After all, he risked his life and wealth to defeat the British. He also turned down the offer to be a king. When King George heard that Washington had turned down the offer to be a king, he rightly said he would go down in history as a great man.

Today our leader keep taking freedoms away via edicts to slowly turn themselves into a king. There is really no comparison between Washington and the filth we have today.
  8. Standard memberbill718
    Enigma
    Seattle
    Moves
    06 Mar '15 15:32

I'm sure he'll be just as big a success as President as his brother was. 😞
  9. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    06 Mar '15 20:50
    Originally posted by bill718
    I'm sure he'll be just as big a success as President as his brother was. 😞
    I would like to say he has not chance of winning, but I'm also cognizant of the money backing him.

It really makes no difference if he or Hillary win.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree