1. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    13 Apr '15 20:401 edit
    Words You Believe

Would each you you please think if you will of an exceptionally large online round table with ample seating for fifty or more well informed people who are interested in participating in a discussion of this thread's topic: "Words You Believe".

Here's our discussion format: 1) If you're a believer in the Lord Jesus Christ and His work of substitutionary spiritual death on behalf of all mankind, please contribute one verse from the sixty six books of the Word of God which is meaningful to you with each of your posts; 2) If your volitional free will choice is to reject God's grace gift offer of reconciliation and eternal life [for whatever reason or rationale] in favor of another viable option, please contribute one quotation, from an author whose authority you do accept and whose words you do believe, which is meaningful to you with each of your posts. Thanks.

“For the word of God is living and active and sharper than any two-edged sword, and piercing as far as the division of soul and spirit, of both joints and marrow, and able to judge the thoughts and intentions of the heart.” (Hebrews 4:12)
  2. Standard memberfinnegan
    GENS UNA SUMUS
    Moves
    13 Apr '15 21:38
    When one has a great deal to put into it a day has a hundred pockets.

Friedrich Nietzsche
  3. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    13 Apr '15 22:29
    2 Timothy 3:16, 17
    All scripture [is] given by inspiration of God, and [is] profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:
    That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.

I know that's two verses, but just one sentence. 😉
  4. Standard memberfinnegan
    GENS UNA SUMUS
    Moves
    13 Apr '15 23:20
    "...suffering ceases to be suffering at the moment it finds a meaning..."
    ~ Viktor E. Frankl, 1959/1984, Man's Search for Meaning, p. 117
  5. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    14 Apr '15 09:23
    “He who believes in the Son has eternal life; but he who does not obey [believe] the Son will not see life, but the wrath of God abides on him.” (John 3:36) Every person who stands at the Great White Throne will be there because of unbelief; their sin won't even be mentioned. The judgment of "their deeds" demonstrates that human good is unacceptable for salvation.
  6. Standard memberfinnegan
    GENS UNA SUMUS
    Moves
    14 Apr '15 09:511 edit
    “The worst manifestation of Islam in our time is the so-called Islamic State,” she says, “but it might be our salvation. This is a powerful wake-up call: just because people say they are doing something in the name of Islam does not mean you have to agree with them. And as soon as you have the freedom not to agree with an interpretation of Islam, then the question of interpretation comes up and that’s my life right there – talking about how Islam has always been filtered through the interpretation of people who have the power.”
    http://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2015/apr/13/why-is-isis-a-wake-up-call-to-muslim-women
  7. Standard memberfinnegan
    GENS UNA SUMUS
    Moves
    14 Apr '15 20:38
    But listen for a moment. I am not speaking of the future. I am speaking of a permanent present. And that means that hope does not exist because it is no longer a postponed future, it is today. Because the God does not promise. He is much greater than that: He is and never stops being. We are the ones who cannot stand this always present light and so we promise it for later, just in order not to feel it today, right this very minute. The present is the face today of the God. The horror is that we see God in life itself. It is with our eyes fully open that we see God. And if I postpone the face of reality until after my death - it's out of guile, because I prefer to be dead when it is time to see Him and that way I think I shall not really see Him, just as I only have the courage to really dream when I sleep.

Relinquishing hope means that I shall have to start living and not just promise myself life. And this is the greatest fright I can have. I used to hope. But the God is today: His kingdom has already begun.

The Passion According to G.H. by Clarice Lispector
  8. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    15 Apr '15 02:41
    "Greater love has no one than this, that one lay down his life for his friends."
    (Jesus speaking to His Disciples in John 15:13)
  9. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    16 Apr '15 02:301 edit
    "Samuel said, ‘Has the LORD as much delight in burnt offerings and sacrifices as in obeying the voice of the LORD? Behold, to obey is better than sacrifice, and to heed than the fat of rams’." (1 Sam 15:22) Given the judicial overtone of the verse, as J. Vernon McGee put it, "If you were arrested for being a Christian, would there be enough evidence to convict you?"
  10. Joined
    10 Apr '12
    Moves
    16 Apr '15 03:50
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    "Samuel said, ‘Has the LORD as much delight in burnt offerings and sacrifices as in obeying the voice of the LORD? Behold, to obey is better than sacrifice, and to heed than the fat of rams’." (1 Sam 15:22) Given the judicial overtone of the verse, as J. Vernon McGee put it, "If you were arrested for being a Christian, would there be enough evidence to convict you?"
    The trinity that Christendom believes in has nothing to do with the true God, the Universal Sovereign.

(John 3:16) “For God loved the world so much that he gave his only-begotten """Son""", so that everyone exercising faith in him might not be destroyed but have everlasting life.

God gave His only-begotten SON. He didn't give Himself or His brother, He gave His Son. Anyone who believes God gave Himself needs to examine the relationship of father-son more closely. A son is never equal to a father.
  11. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    16 Apr '15 05:36
    Originally posted by roigam
    The trinity that Christendom believes in has nothing to do with the true God, the Universal Sovereign.

(John 3:16) “For God loved the world so much that he gave his only-begotten """Son""", so that everyone exercising faith in him might not be destroyed but have everlasting life.

God gave His only-begotten SON. He didn't give Himself or His brother, He gav ...[text shortened]... self needs to examine the relationship of father-son more closely. A son is never equal to a father.
    Originally posted by roigam: "Anyone who believes God gave Himself needs to examine the relationship of father-son more closely. A son is never equal to a father."

Your comment may hold true in the human realm. However, God exists in three distinct persons who are coequal, coinfinite and coeternal. "I and the Father are one.” (John 10:30) Each member of the Godhead [God the Father, God the Son and God the Holy Spirit] is therefore a separate person individually possessing identical eternal divine attributes. "Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all that I commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age.” (Matthew 28:19-20)
  12. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    16 Apr '15 05:42

God gave His only-begotten SON. He didn't give Himself or His brother, He ...[text shortened]... needs to examine the relationship of father-son more closely. A son is never equal to a father.
    However, some sons are very much like their father.

Jesus told the disciples, "I and my Father are one."
    Jesus also told the disciples, "If you have seen Me, You have seen the Father."
    The apostle Paul identified Jesus as the image of the invisible God and the Creator.
    The apostle John also identifies Jesus as the Creator God that was with God in the beginning.
    God commands His angels to worship His Son and also addresses His Son as God.

Jesus said, "Moses spoke of Me."
    Moses cites God as saying, "Let Us make man in Our image."
    Jesus is spoken of as the second Adam.
    Jesus is spoken of as the son of man and the Son of God and the only begotten Son of God.
    Jesus told His disciples to Baptize in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit.
    After this it is recorded in the book of Acts that the discples baptized in the name of Jesus.

The information above from the Holy Bible are just a few of the verses that must be explained away in order to eliminate the Trinity Doctrine from being biblical.

HalleluYah !!! Praise the LORD! Holy! Holy! Holy!
  13. Joined
    10 Apr '12
    Moves
    16 Apr '15 18:14
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    Originally posted by roigam: "Anyone who believes God gave Himself needs to examine the relationship of father-son more closely. A son is never equal to a father."

Your comment may hold true in the human realm. However, God exists in three distinct persons who are coequal, coinfinite and coeternal. [ ...[text shortened]... commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age.”[/i] (Matthew 28:19-20)
    Thank you for your honest response!
    So, do you also believe Jesus' words to his disciples at John 17:11,
    "..so that they may be one just as we are one."?
    Then you believe that the disciples are also God.
    That is not a trinty but a multiple god you believe in.
    It's obvious that Jesus was talking about himself and the disciples being "one in purpose" with Jehovah, not in existence as an equal.
  14. Joined
    10 Apr '12
    Moves
    16 Apr '15 18:21
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    However, some sons are very much like their father.

Jesus told the disciples, "I and my Father are one."
    Jesus also told the disciples, "If you have seen Me, You have seen the Father."
    The apostle Paul identified Jesus as the image of the invisible God and the Creator.
    The apostle John also identifies Jesus as the Creator God that was with God in ...[text shortened]... e the Trinity Doctrine from being biblical.

HalleluYah !!! Praise the LORD! Holy! Holy! Holy!
    You can certainly explain these Scriptures by yourself.

i.e. Jesus said also to his disciples at John 17:11 when praying to his Father Jehovah, "that they may be one just as we are one."
    Does that make them god also?
    Jesus was talking about being one in purpose with his Father.

And as Paul said Jesus is the IMAGE of his Father. An image is not the real thing.

etc. etc.
  15. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    16 Apr '15 19:151 edit
    Thank you for your honest response!
    So, do you also believe Jesus' words to his disciples at John 17:11,
    "..so that they may be one just as we are one."?
    Then you believe that the disciples are also God.
    That is not a trinty but a multiple god you believe in.
    It's obvious that Jesus was talking about himself and the disciples being "one in purpose" with Jehovah, not in existence as an equal.
    "Your comment may hold true in the human realm. However, God exists in three distinct persons who are coequal, coinfinite and coeternal. "I and the Father are one.” (John 10:30) Each member of the Godhead [God the Father, God the Son and God the Holy Spirit] is therefore a separate person individually possessing identical eternal divine attributes. "Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all that I commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age.” (Matthew 28:19-20)"

Rejection noted: Others may argue with your personal point of view; I for one respect your free will and privilege to choose.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree