1. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    14 Apr '15 16:213 edits
    Can An Evolutionist Be a Christian ?

I would say Yes.
    An Evolutionist CAN become a receiver of Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior.

In the New Testament there is no requirement that one has to renounce every trace of Darwinian thinking before believing that Christ is their Lord, their Savior.

Anyone disagree that a Darwin influenced person can be redeemed, regenerated and become a believer in the Son of God ?
  2. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    14 Apr '15 16:34
    Originally posted by sonship

I would say [b]Yes.

In the New Testament there is no requirement that one has to renounce every trace of Darwinian thinking before believing that Christ is their Lord, their Savior.

Anyone disagree that a Darwin influenced person can be redeemed, regenerated and become a believer in the Son of God ?[/b]
    If a trinitarian can, then why not.
  3. The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    14 Apr '15 16:34

I would say [b]Yes.

Anyone disagree that a Darwin influenced person can be redeemed, regenerated and become a believer in the Son of God ?[/b]
    I agree that an evolutionist can also be a Christian. (Have many friends who are both and have managed to reconcile the two concepts).

I disagree though that a Darwin influenced person can be redeemed, regenerated and become a believer in the Son of God; only in the sense that i don't believe a Darwin influenced person 'needs' to be redeemed, regenerated etc etc.
  4. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    14 Apr '15 16:48
    Originally posted by divegeester
    If a trinitarian can, then why not.
    Good point.

If a trinitarian can why not?
  5. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    14 Apr '15 16:545 edits
    Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
    I agree that an evolutionist can also be a Christian. (Have many friends who are both and have managed to reconcile the two concepts).

I am glad that you agree that a Darwin influenced Evolutionist can decide to receive Jesus the Lord.

That is important to know.

I disagree though that a Darwin influenced person can be redeemed, regenerated and become a believer in the Son of God; only in the sense that i don't believe a Darwin influenced person 'needs' to be redeemed, regenerated etc etc.

Of course anyone may decide that he or she has no need for Christ. That is kind of another issue. For any number of religious OR unreligous, spiritual OR unspiritual reasons, one may feel that they have no need to be saved even if being an Evolutionist.

But if anyone decides that there is the need, that person can be regenerated, redeemed, forgiven, given life through Christ and be saved.

That is what my point is at least.

But your point does illuminate that for some Evolutionists, use of that belief is intended to replace God - an idol. IE.
  6. The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    14 Apr '15 17:08
    I think i view evolution as separate from religion, rather than a replacement for it, in that it is possible to believe in evolution irrespective of your religious belief. Evolution could only be said to replace religion if it were not possible to believe in both.

Clearly i am an atheist, but if i ever became a Christian my view on evolution wouldn't change.
  7. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    14 Apr '15 17:163 edits
    I think i view evolution as separate from religion, rather than a replacement for it, in that it is possible to believe in evolution irrespective of your religious belief. Evolution could only be said to replace religion if it were not possible to believe in both.

I didn't say it was used by some to replace religion. I said it was used by some to replace God.

Clearly i am an atheist, but if i ever became a Christian my view on evolution wouldn't change.

Since Jesus Christ is into changing people, you cannot guarantee that He will not change you in some regard of your thinking.

You just cannot be too sure.
    If you receive Christ, He is powerful and subdues us, yet in a gentle way.
    He is like the grass that can grow through the crack of the cement.

Don't promise yourself that in this or that you will not change.
    You don't know.

All I am saying is that Jesus is definitely into transforming people.
    If you receive Jesus, sooner or latter you will believe like Jesus, think like Jesus, live like Jesus.

His love will conquer you and you will be subdued, transformed.
    Whatever you enjoy, He will eventually show you something better to enjoy. That is, something more enjoyable about Himself.

But it is a process. It is a process called conformation - That is conformed to His image. And whatever the truth is, that is what will make you free.
  8. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    14 Apr '15 17:251 edit

I would say [b]Yes.

"Evolutionist" is a dumb term; that's like calling someone a "vaccinationist" or a "plate-tectonicist". However, calling someone a creationist would be correct, since their beliefs aren't based on facts.

A believer in evolution can be a Christian in the same way there are Christians who don't believe that women are to be subject to their husbands, or the same way some Christians don't believe in hell.
  9. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    14 Apr '15 17:311 edit
    Originally posted by vivify
    "Evolutionist" is a dumb term; that's like calling someone a "vaccinationist" or a "plate-tectonicist". However, calling someone a creationist would be correct, since their beliefs aren't based on facts.

A believer in evolution can be a Christian in the same way there are Christians who don't believe that women are to be subject to their husbands, or the same way some Christians don't believe in hell.

Isn't it wonderful that the door is so wide opened to come as we are?

And He is so willing to come into a person at any time.

"That if you confess with your mouth Jesus as Lord and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved." (Rom. 10:9)
  10. The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    14 Apr '15 17:36

I didn't say it was used by some to replace religion. I said it was used ...[text shortened]... ] - That is conformed to His image. And whatever the truth is, that is what will make you free.
    I'm genuinely pleased you find comfort in that notion.

It is of course also possible that Jesus himself believed in evolution, if evolution was indeed the way God created life on earth. Knowledge though is a process, and it maybe that you just need time to conform to its influence, before you are free to receive the truth.

And God said, Let the waters bring forth abundantly the moving creature that hath life, and fowl that may fly above the earth in the open firmament of heaven.

And God created great whales, and every living creature that moveth, which the waters brought forth abundantly, after their kind, and every winged fowl after his kind: and God saw that it was good. (Genesis 1:20-21, KJV)
  11. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    14 Apr '15 17:561 edit
    I'm genuinely pleased you find comfort in that notion.

It is of course also possible that Jesus himself believed in evolution, if evolution was indeed the way God created life on earth. Knowledge though is a process, and it maybe that you just need time to conform to its influence, before you are free to receive the truth.

And God said, Let th ...[text shortened]... kind, and every winged fowl after his kind: and God saw that it was good. (Genesis 1:20-21, KJV)
    Did you notice that no life is mentioned before the dry land rises up from beneath the waters ? And this was on the THIRD day.

Do you think it is a coincidence that life is only mentioned after the land rises from underneath the water on the THIRD day ? I think it is divinely intentional. I think it points to the resurrection of Christ who is the One Who dispenses God's Spirit and life into the believers.

Here's the Third Day - "And God said, Let the waters under the heavens be gathered together into one place, and let the dry land appear, and it was so.

And God called the dry land Earth, and the gathering together of the waters He called Seas; and God saw that it was good... And there was evening and there was morning a third day." (Genesis 1:9-10,13)

It is only after the rising of the dry land, a type of Christ in His resurrection, that the sprouting of life of any kind is mentioned, starting with a low level of consciousness - the grass-

Verse 11 - "And God said, Let the earth sprout grass, herbs yeilding seed, and fruit trees bearing fruit according to their kind with their seed in them upon the earth; and it was so."

Compare this with HOW the fallen sinner receives salvation -

"That if you confess with your mouth Jesus as Lord AND BELIEVE IN YOUR HEART THAT GOD HAS RAISED HIM FROM THE DEAD ... you will be saved."

Believing in Christ's resurrection is the key.
    I think that if you confess that Jesus IS the Lord you probably have already embraced the truth that He is alive and available rather than dead and gone. So it follows on that you believed in your heart that the Lord Jesus is risen from the dead.

On the third day He rose from the dead. God foreknew all this. God foreordained all of this. And on the THIRD day, the dry land came up underneath the death waters and then all life began to be mentioned.

Peter says that we believers were regenerated unto a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from among the dead.
  12. The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    14 Apr '15 20:30
    And God created great whales, and every living creature that moveth, which the waters brought forth abundantly, after their kind, and every winged fowl after his kind: and God saw that it was good. (Genesis 1:20-21, KJV)

Interesting to note that God did not create whales immediately (as in 'let there be whales) but rather allowed the waters to bring them forth abundantly. And God said, 'Let the waters bring forth abundantly the moving creature that hath life.'

God bless evolution.
  13. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    14 Apr '15 21:361 edit

I would say [b]Yes.

[/b]
    Vatican News

The Pope is relieved and grateful for affirmation on his Christianity from the
    Church of Sonship. According to Reuters' sources no money changed hands.
  14. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    14 Apr '15 22:052 edits
    I would say Yes.

I was much too timid. I simply should have written "Yes" rather than "I would say Yes."

See? You're criticized if you behave humbly. And you're criticized if you do not.

Of course an Evolutionist can be saved.
  15. Standard memberRBHILL
    Acts 13:48
    California
    Moves
    15 Apr '15 00:20

I would say [b]Yes.

Can a Muslim or Buddhist be Christian?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree