1. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    25 Apr '15 16:502 edits
    To say nothing of Islam.

They should be venerated since they are the progenitors of Christianity.

Yet Christians around the world put Jews down consistently for the last 2000 years.

Like the British allowing the massacre of Jews in Palestine which went on for 100 years.

And of course the atrocities of the Nazi's.

Why don't Christians realize the mythology of the crucifying of Christ was planned all along and the Jews and the Romans were bit players in all this?

It makes me sick to see Jews reviled like this based on something that happened 2000 years ago.

It would be like me blaming the great grandchildren of the Mexican gang who murdered my own father 30 years ago.

That situation is EXACTLY what is going on with Jews V Christians.

Christians need to wake up and smell the coffee about all this. You should be VENERATING jews not killing them.

Just remember, without Jews, there would BE no Christianity.

BTW, just in case you are wondering, I am not Jewish, my background is Irish. 4 Irish Grandparents.
  2. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    25 Apr '15 18:40
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    To say nothing of Islam.

Yet Christians around the world put Jews down consistently for the last 2000 years.

Like the British allowing the massacre of Jews in Palestine which went on for 100 years.

Why don't Christians realize t ...[text shortened]...
    BTW, just in case you are wondering, I am not Jewish, my background is Irish. 4 Irish Grandparents.
    "Why are Jews condemned in Christian eyes?"

They're certainly not "condemned" in my eyes, sonhouse, nor are the people in any other countries around the globe [terrorism is another issue].
  3. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    25 Apr '15 18:52
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    "Why are Jews condemned in Christian eyes?"

They're certainly not "condemned" in my eyes, sonhouse, nor are the people in any other countries around the globe [terrorism is another issue].
    There has ALWAYS been prejudice against Jews. It seems to be motivated by the Christian attitude that 'Jews killed Christ' Therefore Jews are murders.

Islamic terrorists hate Jews because they had the nerve to want their own country. Iran and Palestine have it in their constitution the desire to kill Israel.

The Christian prejudice is a bit more subtle now though. Of course many Christians don't hate Jews but a very large number of them still do.
  4. Cape Town
    Moves
    25 Apr '15 19:05
    There has ALWAYS been prejudice against Jews. It seems to be motivated by the Christian attitude that 'Jews killed Christ' Therefore Jews are murders.
    No, it works the other way around. Jews are discriminated against and then it is justified with arguments like 'Jews killed Christ'. The reason for the discrimination is just plain human behaviour. Humans just tend to discriminate against anyone they see as different and not part of their group - and this tends to be even worse when the other group is a minority and seems to be doing quite well.
    Here in SA there is a major problem with Xenophobia (hatred of foreigners from other African countries). Where I come from, Indians tend to get disliked.
    Certain characteristics make the problem worse:
    1. Sticking to themselves including not a lot of intermarriage.
    2. Noticeable differences in language/culture etc. making it easy to identify a member of the group.
    3. Success doing apparently the same thing that everyone else is doing (usually due to hard work, but people would rather think there is some dishonesty going on somewhere).
    Jews tend to match all the above and thus have been discriminated against in most places. But they are far from unique in that regard.

For example there has always been prejudice against people of Chinese origin in the US. Did they kill Christ too?
  5. Standard memberfinnegan
    GENS UNA SUMUS
    Moves
    25 Apr '15 20:21
    To say nothing of Islam.

Why don't Christians realiz ...[text shortened]... , just in case you are wondering, I am not Jewish, my background is Irish. 4 Irish Grandparents.
    The history of Anti-Semitism is well documented. I am not sure what interesting issues you expect to raise here. American evangelical Christians / fundamentalists even have a new-found affection for Jews since they leapt to the absurd notion that Zionists would help to expedite the fulfilment of Revelations and many American Christians are helping to fund the illegal settler movement in Israel. So things have moved on a lot. Similarly, for centuries Jews could escape Christian persecution by fleeing to Muslim lands, and were happily accommodated around the Ottoman Empire in particular. Islam has nothing but respect for the Jews, in contrast to Christianity since Paul in Romans worked to disassociate early Christians from Jews, who were at the time rebelling against Roman authority. German agents worked hard to foment aggression against Jews among Muslims from the lead up to the First World War and beyond, but it was only with the emergence of the State of Israel that relations between Jews and Muslims were finally embittered. Of course you will know that the Sterne Gang and other Zionists sought agreements with the Nazis to persuade Jews to migrate to Palestine, which the Jews did not typically wish to do (they much preferred to get to the USA but it was increasingly difficult to get in there).

However I am interested in your remark as follows:
    Which were the hundred years to which you refer here? Can we have more information - like, maybe enough to work out what you are referring to.
  6. Joined
    03 Sep '13
    Moves
    25 Apr '15 21:02
    To say nothing of Islam.

Why don't Christians realiz ...[text shortened]... , just in case you are wondering, I am not Jewish, my background is Irish. 4 Irish Grandparents.
    Here say being what it is, I wonder if there are Christians in this forum that would say they condem Jews. I for one envy the Jew just a bit because it was through them that the oracles of God have been passed down.

Anyone?
  7. Joined
    03 Sep '13
    Moves
    25 Apr '15 21:06
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    No, it works the other way around. Jews are discriminated against and then it is justified with arguments like 'Jews killed Christ'. The reason for the discrimination is just plain human behaviour. Humans just tend to discriminate against anyone they see as different and not part of their group - and this tends to be even worse when the other group is a m ...[text shortened]... has always been prejudice against people of Chinese origin in the US. Did they kill Christ too?
    TH, I generally do not agree with a lot of what you say. But in this instance I believe you are dead on!
  8. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    25 Apr '15 21:522 edits

Islamic terrorists hate Jews because they had the nerve to want their own country. Iran and Palestine have it in their constitution the desire to kill Israel.

The Christian prejudice is a bit more subt ...[text shortened]... now though. Of course many Christians don't hate Jews but a very large number of them still do.
    Any and all "Christians" who are guilty of anti-Semitism are painfully ignorant of the solemn covenant given in Genesis 12:3a and still in force on Saturday, April 25, 2015:"And I will bless those who bless you, And the one who curses you I will curse." God will ultimately fulfill His covenants with Israel
  9. Joined
    10 Apr '12
    Moves
    26 Apr '15 00:422 edits
    Any and all "Christians" who are guilty of anti-Semitism are painfully ignorant of the solemn covenant given in Genesis 12:3a and still in force on Saturday, April 25, 2015:"And I will bless those who bless you, And the one who curses you I will curse." God will ultimately fulfill His covenants with Israel
    (Acts 10:34) At this Peter began to speak, and he said: “Now I truly understand that God is not partial,
    (Acts 10:35) but in every nation the man who fears him and does what is right is acceptable to him.

The problem no doubt stems from
    (Matthew 27:25) At that all the people said in answer: “Let his blood come upon us and upon our children.”
    At that time of rejecting the Messiah that Jehovah had provided for them, they declared themselves no longer Jehovah's people. So they were no longer "a special nation". They didn't realize it but they rejected Jehovah's protection and became targets of the other nations too.
    Evenso, Jehovah will accept them as individuals if they accept the Christ.
    The promise made to Abraham was
    (Genesis 22:18) And by means of your offspring """all nations""" of the earth will obtain a blessing for themselves because you have listened to my voice.’”
    Mankind will be blessed through Jesus Christ.
  10. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    26 Apr '15 01:23
    To say nothing of Islam.

Judaism can be said to be the progenitor of Islam too if one is to say it is the progenitor of Christianity. Actually the Muslims and the Jews have something quite significant in common; they both rejected the claims by the breakaway Christians about the divinity of Jesus. The Jews saw him as a false messiah claimant and the Muslims saw him as a prophet. Muslims believe that Jesus will return to Earth at the end times and defeat the false messiah. Jews reject the idea that OT prophecies were fulfilled which is what Christians claim with regard to Jesus.
  11. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    26 Apr '15 02:30
    Originally posted by finnegan
    The history of Anti-Semitism is well documented. I am not sure what interesting issues you expect to raise here. American evangelical Christians / fundamentalists even have a new-found affection for Jews since they leapt to the absurd notion that Zionists would help to expedite the fulfilment of Revelations and many American Christians are helping to fund t ...[text shortened]... r here? Can we have more information - like, maybe enough to work out what you are referring to.
    Here is a Wiki about the persecution of Jews:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Persecution_of_Jews
  12. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    26 Apr '15 02:37
    Why isn't this covenant superceded like all other OT covenants, by the new covenant?
  13. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    26 Apr '15 02:461 edit

The Christian prejudice is a bit more subt ...[text shortened]... now though. Of course many Christians don't hate Jews but a very large number of them still do.
    We Christians have more of a connection with the Jews than with the Muslims for many reason. First we both believe in the God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob (Israel). The Muslims only accept the idea of the God of Abraham with no Son and this God's name is Allah. We Christians are the only ones that accept that Yahshua (Jesus) is the promised Christ of the Jews and the only begotten Son of God.

Christians do sometimes condemn Jews in general for being the cause of the fact that the Christ was tortured and executed by crucifixion at the hands of the Romans. Many Christains have found it hard to forgive the jews for that, especially since most have not made any effort at expressing repentance for such a despicable act. This allowed many Christians an excuse for looking the other way while Jews were rounded up to be imprisoned by the Nazis. But even those Christian did not realize that a holocaust of the Jews was about to take place. However, the Christians justified it by their belief that God was punishing the Jews for their rejecting His Son to be their King and savior.
  14. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    26 Apr '15 02:52
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    Christians do sometimes condemn Jews in general for being the cause of the fact that the Christ was tortured and executed by crucifixion at the hands of the Romans. Many Christains have found it hard to forgive the jews for that, especially since most have not made any effort at expressing repentance for such a despicable act.
    Is this your personal opinion also?
  15. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    26 Apr '15 02:55
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    We Christians have more of a connection with the Jews than with the Muslims for many reason. First we both believe in the God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob (Israel). The Muslims only accept the idea of the God of Abraham with no Son and this God's name is Allah. We Christians are the only ones that accept that Yahshua (Jesus) is the promised Christ of the J ...[text shortened]... belief that God was punishing the Jews for their rejecting His Son to be their King and savior.
    You are to be applauded for not placing the word Christians in quotation marks ~ in 'no true Scotsman' style ~ in your explanation of 2,000 years of Christian persecution of Jews - as others choose to do sometimes when dealing with topics like this.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree