1. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    09 May '15 14:19
    Put your annoyances here!

Mine: 1, I have a long commute, starting at 4 am and I see these dudes coming at me on say a divided hwy with only a guard rail, they have their high beams on and in spite of me flicking to high, they just drive by, blinding me in the process, as if they are saying I won't blind him, we are 5 feet apart at closest approach or some such. Grrr.

Another commute grr: I drive interstate 78 in New Jersey and say I am in the middle lane, a dude comes up at 90 mph, me doing a mere 75, he passes, going to the left lane, then right lane itis hits and he is back in front of me by about 5 feet continuing on his way. Grrr!

So when I take my wife to a doctors visit, there is ALWAYS the obligatory TV s blasting away, usually some really stupid commercial. I ask them to turn it off, say I am the only one in the room, with my wife, and they say, policy says the TV has to stay on. I ask to have the volume turned down and they go, ok, a little. I say, we are the only ones here, what gives. Well, people might come in and THEY might want to watch. GRRR!

Same thing in cafe's, there is always some really stupid soundtrack going on blasting into our ears. I ask to have it turned down, they turn down about 1 db. GRRR!

Now I rate restaurants on how quiet they are. There are not many quiet ones any more.

What annoys YOU?
  2. SubscriberDrewnogal
    Constant Gardener
    The Plot
    Moves
    09 May '15 14:42

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

3. Joined
    24 Apr '10
    Moves
    09 May '15 14:46
    The fact that one of the things The Netherlands is best known for is Heineken. It's not beer. It's water flavored water with the essence of water. The only thing separating it from actual water is its urine-like color.
  4. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    09 May '15 14:54
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    Put your annoyances here!

Mine: 1, I have a long commute, starting at 4 am and I see these dudes coming at me on say a divided hwy with only a guard rail, they have their high beams on and in spite of me flicking to high, they just drive by, blinding me in the process, as if they are saying I won't blind him, we are 5 feet apart at closest approach or some ...[text shortened]... rate restaurants on how quiet they are. There are not many quiet ones any more.

What annoys YOU?
    Interesting thread, sonhouse. "Now I rate restaurants on how quiet they are. There are not many quiet ones any more."

On the category of "restaurants, there's only one fine dining establishment in my immediate neighborhood; and the wannabe culinary expert chef sometimes prepares and serves disappointing evening meals to its table for one. Restaurant?Reveal Hidden Content
    GB's "Grrr!" lol
  5. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    09 May '15 15:101 edit
    The obvious one of course is people on mobile phones, especially on buses and trains.(Where you are trapped and a prisoner to their conversation). A recent phenomenon however, there to compound the annoyance, is people having these conversations on loudspeaker, so you are hearing both ends of the conversation. (Ahhh!)

When i was last in Japan it was really noticeable that Japanese commuters 'never' spoke on their mobiles on public transport. (It was like an unspoken courtesy).

Am also annoyed by Ben Affleck.
  6. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    09 May '15 15:32
    Originally posted by Great King Rat
    The fact that one of the things The Netherlands is best known for is Heineken. It's not beer. It's water flavored water with the essence of water. The only thing separating it from actual water is its urine-like color.
    And the "skunky" smell.
  7. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    09 May '15 15:381 edit
    Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
    The obvious one of course is people on mobile phones, especially on buses and trains.(Where you are trapped and a prisoner to their conversation). A recent phenomenon however, there to compound the annoyance, is people having these conversations on loudspeaker, so you are hearing both ends of the conversation. (Ahhh!)

When i was last in Japan it w ...[text shortened]... iles on public transport. (It was like an unspoken courtesy).

Am also annoyed by Ben Affleck.
    I am in complete agreement there. I was recently at a restaurant having a lovely conversation with my partner when at the table next to us came the sounds of some loud music. It was the ringtone of a cell phone. The person responded and a moment later another, different, tune was heard and the other person at the table responded. This went on for a while. We realized that a "conversation" was transpiring between the two people at that table. Really? Come on.😠
  8. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    09 May '15 15:41
    Things that REALLY annoy: I got a whole list but a few of them will do....some one drumming their fingers on something. Someone in line behind you whistling, that can't whistle. Then there are a few personalities on here that annoy me, and will go unnamed as they are well aware of who they are.

-VR
  9. Standard memberredbadger
    Suzzie says Badger
    is Racist Bastard
    Moves
    09 May '15 15:45
    Supermarket Checkouts not open with other manned checkouts 10 deep with customers
  10. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    09 May '15 18:35
    Banks
  11. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    09 May '15 19:29
    People who monopolize the newspaper in a coffee shop and never seem to read it.
  12. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    09 May '15 23:06
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    What annoys YOU?
    Tom Cruise
    Self-service checkouts
    Speed bumps
    People who don't pick up after their dog.
    Bureaucracy
    Tom Cruise
  13. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    09 May '15 23:20
    Having just returned from vacation:

selfie sticks.
  14. Standard memberredbadger
    Suzzie says Badger
    is Racist Bastard
    Moves
    10 May '15 11:19
    Originally posted by JS357
    Having just returned from vacation:

selfie sticks.
    Maddona
    Tom Cruise
    Lady GaGa
    And many many more
  15. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    10 May '15 11:44
    Originally posted by redbadger
    Maddona
    Tom Cruise
    Lady GaGa
    And many many more
    At least Lady GaGa freely admits her addiction to props. Tom Cruise on the other hand.....

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree