1. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    21 May '15 03:422 edits
    If Jesus Christ Himself Became a Member of Red Hot Pawn...

1) What would He choose for a Site Nickname, Location and Self Proclaimed Forum Title? 2) What would we see as His first three thread topics? 3) What tone and atmosphere would His presence create? 4) Would He treat all posters respectfully? 5) What if any questions would you ask Him in public or in Personal Messages? 6) What would His chess rating be? 7) Other?
  2. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    21 May '15 13:30
    "1) What would He choose for a Site Nickname?"

The G/M [God/Man: Undiminished Deity and Perfect Humanity in One Person Forever]

"6) What would His chess rating be?"

Hot Pawn Table: Highest Chess Rating (Thursday, May 21, 2015)
    Rank.....Name..... Rating

1. The GM 2500+++

"1a. Subscriber Ulf t 2500

2. Subscriber cenerentolaonline 2495

3. Subscriber Bebop5 2451"
  3. Cape Town
    Moves
    21 May '15 13:34
    If he got the highest rating then he would be a cheat.
  4. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    21 May '15 13:48
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    Actually is evidence of engine use in the Bible.

"The roar of Moses Triumph was heard across the land..."
  5. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    21 May '15 14:53
    Au contraire, twhitehead. Two reasons: 1) God the Father and God the Son and God the Holy Spirit each have known all the knowable since eternity past because of their Divine Attribute of Omniscience. Jesus Christ would know every positional permutation possible before His RHP Opponents even made their moves; 2) Nor could He deny Himself because of His Divine Attributes of Justice and Righteousness [Divine Integrity], Would you welcome an unrated conversational chess game with The G/M?
  6. Cape Town
    Moves
    21 May '15 14:58
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    Au contraire, twhitehead. Two reasons: 1) God the Father and God the Son and God the Holy Spirit each have known all the knowable since eternity past because of their Divine Attribute of Omniscience. Jesus Christ would know every positional permutation possible before His RHP Opponents even made their moves;
    And I call that cheating.
  7. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    21 May '15 14:58
    Au contraire, twhitehead. Two reasons: 1) God the Father and God the Son and God the Holy Spirit each have known all the knowable since eternity past because of their Divine Attribute of Omniscience. Jesus Christ would know every positional permutation possible before His RHP Opponents even made their moves; 2) Nor could He deny Himself because of His D ...[text shortened]... usness [Divine Integrity], Would you welcome an unrated conversational chess game with The G/M?
    Would there not be a case though for external assistance? (It is also likely that Jesus would be too quick to sac something).
  8. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    21 May '15 15:04
    "1) What would He choose for a Location?" Dwelling Among Them

"And the Word became flesh, and [a]dwelt among us, and we saw His glory, glory
    as of [b]the only begotten [uniquely born] from the Father, full of grace and truth."
    "Footnotes: a.John 1:14 Or tabernacled; i.e. lived temporarily;
    b.John 1:14 Or unique, only one of His kind."
  9. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    21 May '15 15:07
    Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
    Would there not be a case though for external assistance? (It is also likely that Jesus would be too quick to sac something).
    Ghost of a Duke, I like your nimble exploratory play of mind. What is the most intelligent chess engine available today?
  10. Joined
    31 May '06
    Moves
    21 May '15 15:09
    Ghost of a Duke, I like your nimble exploratory play of mind. What is the most intelligent chess engine available today?
    The best chess engine is probably still Deep Blue [unless someone has built a better one in the mean time].

The most intelligent is a human being.

A chess engine is not necessarily intelligent, just good at chess.
  11. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    21 May '15 15:121 edit
    And I call that cheating.
    If you say, "And I call that cheating" you are being both arbitrary, shallow and foolish. A logical statement might be "On the basis of empiricism [your observation] or rationalism [your reasoning] "I call that cheating."
  12. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    21 May '15 15:17
    "Would there not be a case though for external assistance? (It is also likely that Jesus would be too quick to sac something)."

Please clarify your premise, reasoning and the basis of these conclusions. Thanks,
  13. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    21 May '15 15:27
    Originally posted by googlefudge
    The best chess engine is probably still Deep Blue [unless someone has built a better one in the mean time].

The most intelligent is a human being.

A chess engine is not necessarily intelligent, just good at chess.
    Sometimes intelligence requires one to think 'outside of the box.' Computers are pretty good at putting things in boxes, but not so good at thinking outside of them.
  14. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    21 May '15 15:39
    "Would there not be a case though for external assistance? (It is also likely that Jesus would be too quick to sac something)."

Please clarify your premise, reasoning and the basis of these conclusions. Thanks,
    External assistance is prohibited in chess, this includes seeking help from another person, computer engine or Holy Father. (Hey, i didn't write the rules). Due to the Triune nature of Jesus, each of his moves would therefore be illegal as he couldn't help but get input from the Father and Holy Spirit. (Which of course would be unfair to his opponent who wasn't part of a trinity).

A man who sacrificed himself for the sake of humanity would have few qualms in sacrificing his queen for a pawn. (Noble perhaps, but a real game loser).
  15. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    21 May '15 17:121 edit
    External assistance is prohibited in chess, this includes seeking help from another person, computer engine or Holy Father. (Hey, i didn't write the rules). Due to the Triune nature of Jesus, each of his moves would therefore be illegal as he couldn't help but get input from the Father and Holy Spirit. (Which of course would be unfair to his opponent ...[text shortened]... uld have few qualms in sacrificing his queen for a pawn. (Noble perhaps, but a real game loser).
    "The G/M" Himself is omniscient; if "sacrificing his [white or black] queen for a pawn" was the correct move
    He'd make it without hesitation. I'd like to team up with you to play a game with Him: two out of three... lol.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree