1. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    25 Jul '15 17:583 edits
    "What will you personally miss the most...?"

What will you personally miss the most when the 'inexorable grind' of the clock prevents you from accessing your chess games, the public and private clubs and clan forums or replying to personal messages from your friends on Red Hot Pawn? I for one will miss conversation with my trusted global friends when that day inevitably comes as it has already for my dear departed friends: @Mathurine: “Last moved 1437 days 1 hour and 8 minutes ago.”; @Kings-and-Pawns: “Last moved 1169 days 19 hours and 32 minutes ago.”; @DanTriola: “Last moved 609 days 2 hours and 44 minutes ago.”; and most recently @mikelom: “Last moved 95 days 8 hours and 6 minutes ago.”.
  2. Standard memberHandyAndy
    Read a book!
    Moves
    26 Jul '15 21:39
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    "What will you personally miss the most...?"

What will you personally miss the most when the 'inexorable grind' of the clock prevents you from accessing your chess games, the public and private clubs and clan forums or replying to personal messages from your friends on Red Hot Pawn? I for one will miss conversation with my trusted global fri ...[text shortened]... d 44 minutes ago.”; and most recently @mikelom: “Last moved 95 days 8 hours and 6 minutes ago.”.
    Aren't you burying Mathurine prematurely?
  3. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    27 Jul '15 01:36
    Originally posted by HandyAndy
    Aren't you burying Mathurine prematurely?
    "I have decided to leave the site for an indefinite period. I have really not been terribly well of late..." ~Mathurine / Thanks for your interest; for your information she alluded to the possibility that her illness may become terminal in one of our personal message conversations.
  4. Standard memberHandyAndy
    Read a book!
    Moves
    27 Jul '15 02:03
    "I have decided to leave the site for an indefinite period. I have really not been terribly well of late..." ~Mathurine / Thanks for your interest; for your information she alluded to the possibility that her illness may become terminal in one of our personal message conversations.
    My interest is only in not killing someone before their time. Couldn't she still be among the living?
  5. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    27 Jul '15 03:07
    Originally posted by HandyAndy
    My interest is only in not killing someone before their time. Couldn't she still be among the living?
    Neither you nor I possess the power required to become guilty of "killing someone before their time". Hope Mathurine returns....
  6. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    27 Jul '15 06:06
    [b]"What will you personally miss the most...?"

What will you personally miss the most when the 'inexorable grind' of the clock prevents you from accessing your chess games, the public and private clubs and clan forums or replying to personal messages from your friends on Red Hot Pawn? I for one will miss conversation with my trusted glo ...[text shortened]... d 44 minutes ago.”; and most recently @mikelom: “Last moved 95 days 8 hours and 6 minutes ago.”.[/b]
    Thread titles in "speech marks".
  7. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    27 Jul '15 07:551 edit
    Originally posted by divegeester
    Thread titles in "speech marks".
    The thread title is enclosed with quotation marks because it's comprised of the first seven words of the verbatim text:
    "What will you personally miss the most when the 'inexorable grind' of the clock prevents..."
  8. Standard memberHandyAndy
    Read a book!
    Moves
    27 Jul '15 13:56
    Neither you nor I possess the power required to become guilty of "killing someone before their time". Hope Mathurine returns....
    Me too. Stop killing her.

(Reread your opening post.)
  9. Standard memberWulebgr
    Angler
    River City
    Moves
    27 Jul '15 14:13
    I returned a couple of days ago to play a game here. A lot has changed during the three years that I was gone. RHP looks like it is trying to add some of the features that have long been part of that Other site where I now play most of my games.
  10. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    27 Jul '15 14:33
    Originally posted by Wulebgr
    I returned a couple of days ago to play a game here. A lot has changed during the three years that I was gone. RHP looks like it is trying to add some of the features that have long been part of that Other site where I now play most of my games.
    Wulebgr: "Joined 07 Dec '04": A warm welcome home. Yes Russ has made many recent upgrades and feature enhancements. Enjoy...
  11. Standard memberredbadger
    Suzzie says Badger
    is Racist Bastard
    Moves
    27 Jul '15 14:38
    its still the pitts
  12. Standard memberWulebgr
    Angler
    River City
    Moves
    27 Jul '15 15:40
    Originally posted by redbadger
    its still the pitts

Ryan Pitts? Leonard Pitts? The baseball team from William Penn's colony?
  13. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    27 Jul '15 19:57
    Originally posted by redbadger
    its still the pitts
    The RHP forums took a distinct turn for the worse around early June last year.
  14. Standard memberWulebgr
    Angler
    River City
    Moves
    27 Jul '15 20:10
    Originally posted by divegeester
    The RHP forums took a distinct turn for the worse around early June last year.
    How so? I remember the debates about a separate spirituality forum. That removed much of the nonsense from the general forum almost ten years ago.
  15. Standard memberHandyAndy
    Read a book!
    Moves
    27 Jul '15 20:35
    Ryan Pitts? Leonard Pitts? The baseball team from William Penn's colony?
    Zasu Pitts

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree