1. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    31 Jul '15 13:15
    ...one cross each.

YouTube

I've just read yet another causal throwaway comment from an "eternal suffering" promoter and I couldn't help being reminded of that scene from Life of Brian where the the doomed are queuing up for their crosses in this same matter-of-fact way. I wondered how it would play out at judgement time...

"eternal suffering?"

"yes"

"OK out through the fireproof door, line on the left, one set of gnashing teeth each" "NEXT"

"eternal suffering?"

"err no, eternal bliss actually.."

"Really?"

"Yes, I decided I was a believer after all and apparently I don't have to be burnt alive for eternity now"

"Oh how wonderful!"

"Naa..just kidding, I'm an atheist really LOL"

"Oh, well you know the score then...?"

"Yup...out through the fireproof door, line on the left, one set of gnashing teeth each"
  2. PenTesting
    Moves
    31 Jul '15 13:40
    Originally posted by divegeester
    ...one cross each.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8lN4TSslz-0

I've just read yet another causal throwaway comment from an "eternal suffering" promoter and I couldn't help being reminded of that scene from Life of Brian where the the doomed are queuing up for their crosses in this same matter-of-fact way. I wondered how it would play out at judgem ...[text shortened]... ..?"

"Yup...out through the fireproof door, line on the left, one set of gnashing teeth each"
    .. so that homeless guy at the corner that asked me for some food was really Him? ...
  3. Standard memberBigDogg
    Secret RHP coder
    on the payroll
    Moves
    31 Jul '15 13:58
    Originally posted by divegeester
    ...one cross each.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8lN4TSslz-0

I've just read yet another causal throwaway comment from an "eternal suffering" promoter and I couldn't help being reminded of that scene from Life of Brian where the the doomed are queuing up for their crosses in this same matter-of-fact way. I wondered how it would play out at judgem ...[text shortened]... ..?"

When I get up there, it'll be...

"Eternal suffering, or Eternal bliss?"

"One minute please." (prays) "Dear Jesus, I acknowledge that I am a sinner and that I need salvation. I accept the sacrifice you made by dying on the cross for my sins. Please come into my heart and make me a new person." (turns back to gate keeper) "Eternal bliss, please." 😀
  4. PenTesting
    Moves
    31 Jul '15 14:31
    Originally posted by BigDoggProblem

"One minute please." (prays) "Dear Jesus, I acknowledge that I am a sinner and that I need salvation. I accept the sacrifice you made by dying on the cross for my sins. Please come into my heart and make me a new person." (turns back to gate keeper) "Eternal bliss, please." 😀
    Then you will hear "hey BigDogg, you are the guy that stopped to pull me out of the wreckage on the I60 and risked your own life to save me.. . how can I forget. Come on in pal .. make yourself at home ... .. Whoa .. wait a minute, I see a few born-again hypocrites coming u behind you. They were speeding to get to church and caused the accident, and left us all there, did not even look back.. I will give them a taste of eternal torment. .. "
  5. The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    31 Jul '15 14:34

I suspect that is like plummeting to the ground in a broken elevator and believing you can be spared destruction by doing a little hop at the last possible second.

🙂
  6. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    31 Jul '15 17:16
    Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
    I suspect that is like plummeting to the ground in a broken elevator and believing you can be spared destruction by doing a little hop at the last possible second.

🙂
    It works for Bugs Bunny.
  7. Standard memberBigDogg
    Secret RHP coder
    on the payroll
    Moves
    31 Jul '15 17:32
    Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke

🙂
    Hey, can't make it worse by trying, right?!
  8. The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    31 Jul '15 18:27
    Hey, can't make it worse by trying, right?!
    Unless God is actually Ganesh and you are greeted by a deity with four arms and the head of an elephant.
  9. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    31 Jul '15 23:18
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    .. so that homeless guy at the corner that asked me for some food was really Him? ...
    Imagine that we're all "really Him", that might make it easier to treat everyone as you would be treated.

Maybe, maybe not, I guess.
  10. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    01 Aug '15 01:29
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    To be safe, be sure to give him food and not money. He might use the money to buy whiskey and become a drunken bum.
  11. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    01 Aug '15 01:48
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    To be safe, be sure to give him food and not money. He might use the money to buy whiskey and become a drunken bum.
    Because Lord knows he won't use the money to get a room for the night to be safe and take a shower. Ron, how about you drop the stereotypes and just give as your heart leads you, huh?
  12. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    01 Aug '15 02:10
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    Because Lord knows he won't use the money to get a room for the night to be safe and take a shower. Ron, how about you drop the stereotypes and just give as your heart leads you, huh?
    Yes, I have given money many times, but I am cheap and never give more than a twenty dollar bill at a time. However, I remember one time I saw this man hold a sign saying he would work for food and I was moved to go to the nearby Burger King and buy him a no. 1 Whopper Meal. My remark was not meant to stereotype them, but to call attention to that possibility.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree