1. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    01 Aug '15 06:081 edit
    More so than not abusing people in august, I wonder if anyone out there has any ideas how they can make the world better. ( practical ideas, not more ideals)

I've always seen a lot of potential in the human race and I cant' help but think it won't go much beyond potential unless we kick ourselves into some action.

Of course everyone will be different and some people need only to be themselves to do something positive. Others may have to put some of their strong spiritual ideas into some sort of practice.

I'm not really saying start some sort of new group, more just what you can do as an individual.

I'm going to start meditating daily and try to be as alert as possible when interacting with others. I'm going to try to keep in mind that all people should be treated as spiritual beings - no matter how mundane they may seem. No judging others.
  2. Cape Town
    Moves
    01 Aug '15 06:30
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    I wonder if anyone out there has any ideas how they can make the world better.
    Education. Simple as that. Nothing does more to make the world a better place than education.
    If you are on this site then you have internet access, and education is now free on the internet. So educate yourselves.
    If you have any influence over your government then encourage them to improve education for all in your country and others.
    If you wish to give to charity then make education one of your priorities.
  3. Subscribermoonbus
    Über-Nerd
    Moves
    04 Aug '15 13:17

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

4. Subscribermoonbus
    Über-Nerd
    Moves
    04 Aug '15 13:21
    More so than not abusing people in august, I wonder if anyone out there has any ideas how they can make the world better. ( practical ideas, not more ideals)

I've always seen a lot of potential in the human race and I cant' help but think it won't go much beyond potential unless we kick ourselves into some action.

I'm going to start meditating dai ...[text shortened]... should be treated as spiritual beings - no matter how mundane they may seem. No judging others.
    We are not here to make the world a better place. The world is just fine. We are here to make of ourselves better people.

Some people get dealt a cr ppy hand. Mindfulness that others are probably doing the best they can, given the hands they were dealt, is a good place to start.
  5. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    04 Aug '15 20:372 edits

Of course everyone will be differ ...[text shortened]... should be treated as spiritual beings - no matter how mundane they may seem. No judging others.
    Rather than just making superficial changes, gain control of your biological incentive system.
  6. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    04 Aug '15 21:26
    Originally posted by moonbus
    We are not here to make the world a better place. The world is just fine. We are here to make of ourselves better people.

Some people get dealt a cr ppy hand. Mindfulness that others are probably doing the best they can, given the hands they were dealt, is a good place to start.
    Whoever improves themselves the most by the time they die wins?

What prize do I win?
  7. Standard memberAgerg
    The 'edit'or
    converging to it
    Moves
    04 Aug '15 22:43
    Originally posted by whodey

What prize do I win?
    It grieves me to inform you that even if you were the only person left to take part in such a competition, it would still be impossible for you to win a prize.

But keep trying champ! 🙂
  8. Donationrwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    Royal Oak, MI
    Moves
    05 Aug '15 00:56
    I wonder if anyone out there has any ideas how they can make the world better.
    Assassinate the Koch brothers.
  9. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    05 Aug '15 02:29
    Originally posted by rwingett
    Assassinate the Koch brothers.
    You actually promote the murder of people as if it were no big deal?
  10. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    05 Aug '15 03:35
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    Well, not so long ago, you were defending the right of Christians to engage in child sacrifice here and now in the C21st, so posters do seem to come up with odd ideas concerning the death of others on this forum at times, including yourself.
  11. Subscribermoonbus
    Über-Nerd
    Moves
    05 Aug '15 06:09
    Originally posted by whodey

What prize do I win?
    "The fruit of life is not happiness, but experience." --Schopenhauer
  12. Standard memberAgerg
    The 'edit'or
    converging to it
    Moves
    05 Aug '15 18:56
    Tricky ... very very tricky! If only there was some way to make this sound f*****g awesome.

Lemme think about it ...
  13. Standard memberAgerg
    The 'edit'or
    converging to it
    Moves
    05 Aug '15 18:584 edits
    EUREKA!!!
    Have God assassinate the Koch brothers.

There you go, if God does the killing then it must be the bestReveal Hidden Content
    and double best if he then tortures them in a big old lake of fire forever and ever!
    damned idea since sliced bread. 🙂
  14. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    05 Aug '15 21:37

The world is not fine. It is s---.
  15. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    05 Aug '15 21:45

And again reading your post ... where do you end and the world begin? Where do you not realize that to make the world better and your self better are in the end not that different?

Probably just my effed up way of looking at it right?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree