1. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    05 Aug '15 16:59
    http://phys.org/news/2015-08-aluminum-big-boost-capacity-power.html

This is a game changer if it works out on an industrial level.
  2. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    05 Aug '15 19:35
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    http://phys.org/news/2015-08-aluminum-big-boost-capacity-power.html

This is a game changer if it works out on an industrial level.
    As I understand the Li-ion battery catch fire quite easily when damaged. It has many good properties, but this one is dangerous.

I look forward to an aluminum battery!
  3. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    05 Aug '15 21:22
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    As I understand the Li-ion battery catch fire quite easily when damaged. It has many good properties, but this one is dangerous.

I look forward to an aluminum battery!
    They say it may have been implicated in that Malaysian airliner. 470? the one they just found the flapdoodle or something🙂
  4. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    06 Aug '15 05:13
    They say it may have been implicated in that Malaysian airliner. 470? the one they just found the flapdoodle or something🙂
    I hope that we one day will find out about the Malaysian plane...

I watched a clip at youtube how a cell phone battery caught fire when poked at with a knife. People have reported battery fire when a cell phone was bent in a pocket and thus was damaged.
  5. Cape Town
    Moves
    06 Aug '15 06:05
    Nothing is really known about what happened on that plane.

Lithium batteries have been blamed (probably correctly) for a number of other aeroplane incidents.
  6. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    06 Aug '15 11:39
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    Nothing is really known about what happened on that plane.

Lithium batteries have been blamed (probably correctly) for a number of other aeroplane incidents.
    I understand flight 370 was carrying about 3 tons of Lithium batteries. It's a possibility. They are finding more debris now at Reuniun Island, seat parts, windows and such besides the wing flap of a few days ago. That suggests to me, maybe more of the stuff will be found on the shores of Madagascar.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree