But China has a lotta Chinese so np
  3. Standard memberfinnegan
    GENS UNA SUMUS
    Moves
    19 Aug '15 08:50
    Originally posted by AThousandYoung
    Lingerie sales in an Islamist region...lotta Chinese gonna get exploded

But China has a lotta Chinese so np
    That stupid post sort of illustrates the contrast between an American racist perspective and that of the Chinese entrepreneurs in the OP. You just can't get past the labels, can you? There is the fkg great monolithic block of humanity to be labelled Chinese and another fkg great monolithic block to be labelled Islamic, and for each block you need very little information to know all there is for you to know about all of the members of those blocks. No wonder we see a fkg great monolithic block of humanity labelled American and abandon all hope.
  4. Standard memberSleepyguy
    Reepy Rastardly Guy
    Dustbin of history
    Moves
    19 Aug '15 13:461 edit
    Originally posted by finnegan
    No wonder we see a fkg great monolithic block of humanity labelled American and abandon all hope.
    Which makes your high horse as tall as the others.
  5. Joined
    23 Nov '11
    Moves
    19 Aug '15 14:091 edit
    The post that was quoted here has been removed
    U.S. fear of Islam along with measuring profits on a quarterly basis with a dim eye to the future has, I think (I am sure some here will find a way to show I am totally misguided and stupid) kept major U.S. investment out of Africa. I believe many in the U.S. see all African countries as corrupt and/or infested with Ebola and/or HIV. I recently spent a week in Rwanda traveling alone with days split between Kigali, the capital, and the countryside bordering Uganda and the Democratic Republic of the Congo. Kigali is safe and booming with a huge influx of money, much, if not most, from China which is heavily investing in the continent. The Rwandan parliament has the highest percentage of women of any nation on the planet. Apparently a chunk of foreign investment must be devoted to helping Rwandans start businesses. Rwanda has the lowest level of government corruption of any country in Africa. Kegame, the current president, is very popular. There is a strong movement to change the constitution to let him run a third term. I found the energy, growth and positive attitude of those I met just 21 years after the genocide truly amazing. The border between Rwanda, Burundi, Uganda and the DRC is unsafe as many who supported the genocide fled to these countries and are apparently agitating for another war.
  6. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    19 Aug '15 17:40
    That stupid post sort of illustrates the contrast between an American racist perspective and that of the Chinese entrepreneurs in the OP. You just can't get past the labels, can you? There is the fkg great monolithic block of humanity to be labelled Chinese and another fkg great monolithic block to be labelled Islamic, and for each block you need very li ...[text shortened]... wonder we see a fkg great monolithic block of humanity labelled American and abandon all hope.
    You are such a condescending douchebag. Standard empty criticisms. Yes, I know Islamics are diverse, to use Duchess' favorite word. But I said Islamists. But that's a minor point.

What is it about this particular area that is unique among Islamic regions? How does the fact that Dar al Islam is not monolithic affect what I had to say? Since you apparently don't have any specific insights, let me help.

Egypt is the largest Arab country in the world, but it is not in Arabia. There are many factions vying for control there but at the moment the dominant power is the Egyptian Army, which unlike most Arab armies, seems to be fairly competent. Under the Aegis of the Egyptian Army, these Chinese can do business safely. This is particularly so since the Egyptian Army actually directly controls and operates a HUGE chunk of the Egyptian economy, using conscript labor to produce consumer goods which are sold for profit.

But lurking under the surface in Egypt are the radical Islamists. The Muslim Brotherhood is the most visible group but ISIS would LOVE to take over Egypt. And people like that don't appreciate infidels selling clothes for whores in the center of the Arab world.

Now go ahead and carpet bomb the forum with your venom and spam, you pompous son of an elderberry.
  7. Standard memberfinnegan
    GENS UNA SUMUS
    Moves
    19 Aug '15 19:00
    Originally posted by AThousandYoung
    You are such a condescending douchebag. Standard empty criticisms. Yes, I know Islamics are diverse, to use Duchess' favorite word. But I said Islamists. But that's a minor point.

What is it about this particular area that is unique among Islamic regions? How does the fact that Dar al Islam is not monolithic affect what I had to say? Since you ...[text shortened]... w go ahead and carpet bomb the forum with your venom and spam, you pompous son of an elderberry.
    So you can raise your game when provoked. That makes it worth provoking you.

With posts like your previous one, it is not hard to condescend. You cannot go a whole lot lower after all.
  8. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    19 Aug '15 22:15
    Egypt is a military dictatorship which overthrew an elected President.

Westerners shouldn't be doing business there at all.
  9. Standard memberfinnegan
    GENS UNA SUMUS
    Moves
    19 Aug '15 22:33
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    Egypt is a military dictatorship which overthrew an elected President.

Westerners shouldn't be doing business there at all.
    Apart from US military aid of course.

On April 1, US President Barack Obama restored US military aid to Egypt. It is a stunning volte-face for the United States government, which rightly withdrew military assistance following the overthrow of Egypt's first democratically elected president, Mohamed Morsi, in 2013.

As the tap of military aid flows once more, $1.3bn is now available to the regime of Abdel Fattah el-Sisi. New F-16 fighter jets, Abrams tanks and harpoon missiles will soon be at the disposal of Egypt's armed forces. The country will be the second largest recipient of foreign military financing from the US, after Israel.

Nothing could better symbolise the restoration of the status quo of US-Egyptian relations going back decades - where the real politik of supporting Middle Eastern strongmen that serve the interests of the United States rode roughshod over democracy and human rights.
    http://www.aljazeera.com/indepth/opinion/2015/04/military-aid-strangle-egypt-democracy-150406072449677.html
  10. Account suspended
    Moves
    19 Aug '15 22:36

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

11. Account suspended
    Moves
    19 Aug '15 22:391 edit

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

12. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    19 Aug '15 22:44
    Apart from US military aid of course.

[quote]On April 1, US President Barack Obama restored US military aid to Egypt. It is a stunning volte-face for the United States government, which rightly withdrew military assistance following the overthrow of Egypt's first democratically elected president, Mohamed Morsi, in 2013.

As the tap of military aid flo ...[text shortened]... aljazeera.com/indepth/opinion/2015/04/military-aid-strangle-egypt-democracy-150406072449677.html
    Would it surprise you that I find such aid morally reprehensible?

It is also illegal.
  13. The Catbird's Seat
    Moves
    19 Aug '15 23:04
    Chinese in eastern Asia and the Islands have long been entrepreneurs. Probably more so as foreigners than at home.
  14. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    19 Aug '15 23:09
    Apparently female workers in China would be surprised to learn that Chinese male employers present little risk of sexual harassment:

Seventy percent of female factory workers who answered a survey the center conducted in fall 2013 said they had experienced some form of workplace sexual harassment.

http://www.bloomberg.com/bw/articles/2013-12-10/chinas-young-factory-workers-face-widespread-sexual-harassment
  15. The Catbird's Seat
    Moves
    19 Aug '15 23:12
    Originally posted by Phranny
    U.S. fear of Islam along with measuring profits on a quarterly basis with a dim eye to the future has, I think (I am sure some here will find a way to show I am totally misguided and stupid) kept major U.S. investment out of Africa. I believe many in the U.S. see all African countries as corrupt and/or infested with Ebola and/or HIV. I recently spent a wee ...[text shortened]... who supported the genocide fled to these countries and are apparently agitating for another war.
    I am genuinely curious, because you speak so highly of the security of Rwanda, and then at the end of your post you bring up the border problems, and the agitating for another war, kind of typical of that region.

Clearly, some people aren't pleased by peace and prosperity, as their fortunes are grown through war.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree