3. Standard memberbill718
    Enigma
    Seattle
    Moves
    23 Aug '15 10:251 edit
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    The Obama Deception: The Mask Comes Off

[youtube]-3hNtPwXhdY[/youtube]
    This brings to light a fact that we should all be mindful of. There is a massive amount of information (and deal making) the general public will never have access to, both in the private sector and in our government. With this in mind, we need to remember it's nearly impossible to make a really informed decision about many of the issues we face. This was an interesting post on YouTube and I'm going to watch it again. I have no doubt much of this is true. I would take issue with your title though, you make it sound like Obama is only president who is guilty of deception, and I very much doubt that is the case.
  4. Joined
    23 Nov '11
    Moves
    23 Aug '15 15:08
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    The Obama Deception: The Mask Comes Off

[youtube]-3hNtPwXhdY[/youtube]
    I actually listened to the entire u-tube. First, global warming is not a conspiracy issue. It is real science. Next, there was the infusion, towards the end, of Christianity and God. Even Barry Goldwater warned fellow Republicans that there was a wealthy conservative element bent on using religion to take over the party and control the GOP agenda. Third, at one point the film said that Al Quida is an arm of U.S. Intelligence. By the end, they put up a picture of the Twin Towers being destroyed and quickly made some sort of statement that inferred this too was a U.S. government conspiracy. The piece never attacks the Citizen's United SCOTUS decision which has allowed huge sums of money with no transparency to flow into both of the main U.S. political parties. In fact, Citizen's United has made it very possible for foreign corporations with ties to U.S. corporations to make political contributions. George Soros, a billionaire who contributes to liberal candidates and causes, is attacked but there is no mention of the damage done by the Koch brothers. Presidents are subject to a balance of power and the U.S. Congress has stood in the way of every attempt Obama has made to make good on his promises. As for health care, I am overjoyed that fewer people in my country now go without basic health care. The implications that Obama is in collusion with relatives in Kenya is ridiculous. The Bush family, being wealthy and into oil, had connections to the very large Bin Laden clan. That doesn't mean they were in a conspiracy to bomb the Twin Towers and the Pentagon. Yes, I do believe that financial institutions world wide have way too much power and are influencing Western democracies. I have, at least twice, posted a TED talk based on an economist's study that showed how far fewer than 50 corporations control a significant portion of the planet's wealth. Even without a conspiracy, if half these corporations make economically bad decisions in the same quarter, they could unwittingly do serious damage to the world's economy. It's similar to limiting the gene pool for a specie. I have no doubt that Bilderberg is a rather nefarious organization. If the U.S. really wants a President without nefarious ties to the financial world, we should elect Barney Frank.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree