1. Account suspended
    Moves
    24 Aug '15 03:58
    A different post. I have lived next to people who leave their dogs outside all day. And, most of the time, the dogs bark all day long, at seemingly nothing. I can understand the security thing, but.....when a dog barks all day long, it can become quite disturbing.....and cause a person to become angry at that neighbor.

Has anyone else had problems with barking dogs?
  2. Account suspended
    Moves
    24 Aug '15 05:53
    Nobody on these forums has had a problem with barking dogs?

There was a story about the inventor of Mcafee Security, who killed his neihbor and his dogs. It is a problem to most people.
  3. Cape Town
    Moves
    24 Aug '15 06:03
    Originally posted by chaney3
    A different post. I have lived next to people who leave their dogs outside all day. And, most of the time, the dogs bark all day long, at seemingly nothing. I can understand the security thing, but.....when a dog barks all day long, it can become quite disturbing.....and cause a person to become angry at that neighbor.

It is a common problem. Although where I come from the neighbours playing loud music tends to be more of a problem. Also dogs getting into the yard and killing our ducks/chickens/goats etc was a problem ( we sometimes caught the dogs and got the police to shoot them.).

Most countries do have laws about noise and you could try complaining to the police.
  4. Cape Town
    Moves
    24 Aug '15 06:56
    We also had an issue with a neighbour that would get picked up for work at 4am. The person picking him up would come to the gate and hoot over and over until the neighbour came out. Again, there are laws about that and a visit by the police helped.
  5. Joined
    18 Jan '07
    Moves
    24 Aug '15 12:08
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    It is a common problem. Although where I come from the neighbours playing loud music tends to be more of a problem. Also dogs getting into the yard and killing our ducks/chickens/goats etc was a problem ( we sometimes caught the dogs and got the police to shoot them.).

Most countries do have laws about noise and you could try complaining to the police.
    Unfortunately, there still aren't any laws against cats cr@*pping in your garden, tearing out all the new plants, and murdering the wildlife for fun. All of which happens more, here, than dogs barking.
  6. Joined
    23 Nov '11
    Moves
    24 Aug '15 13:541 edit
    I suggest first talking to the neighbor. If that doesn't work, try to get the police involved. I had a similar problem years ago. They'd leave a dog out for hours between midnight and 4 am. I agree that people who play their music/TV/radio outside are the worst and I'm not sure there are laws about that. I have had a conversation with a neighbor who used to set their boom box in their garden shed and then turn up the CW music. I was almost ready to retaliate with a bit of Wagner's Ring or maybe Philip Glass at full blast.
  7. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    24 Aug '15 14:131 edit

I love it when people yell at their dogs to stop barking.

Pretty entertaining stuff.

The dog just looks at them as if, "What the hell else do you want me to do, I'm a dog." 😵
  8. Standard memberfinnegan
    GENS UNA SUMUS
    Moves
    24 Aug '15 14:32
    Originally posted by Phranny
    I suggest first talking to the neighbor. If that doesn't work, try to get the police involved. I had a similar problem years ago. They'd leave a dog out for hours between midnight and 4 am. I agree that people who play their music/TV/radio outside are the worst and I'm not sure there are laws about that. I have had a conversation with a neighbor who use ...[text shortened]... I was almost ready to retaliate with a bit of Wagner's Ring or maybe Philip Glass at full blast.
    Philip Glass at full blast; I wonder which track you had in mind?

YouTube

or

YouTube

I suppose what you need to blast is something like this. It will surely sort things out:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-34022065
  9. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    24 Aug '15 14:46

What they need to do is buy an enlightened Progressive dog who will shame the other dogs when they bark at the wrong times.
  10. Account suspended
    Moves
    25 Aug '15 03:41
    There was a movie with Adam Sandler and Kevin James....a comedy, I think it was Grown Ups. A dog in that movie was a non stop barking dog, and....the courts decided that this dog would either be 'put down', or...have it's vocal cords cut. The vocal cords were cut, and the dog's non-stop barking would not be heard by neighbors. For problem dogs, and dog owners, this is a great idea!!!!!
  11. The Catbird's Seat
    Moves
    25 Aug '15 16:51
    Originally posted by Shallow Blue
    Unfortunately, there still aren't any laws against cats cr@*pping in your garden, tearing out all the new plants, and murdering the wildlife for fun. All of which happens more, here, than dogs barking.
    Yeah, and as the owner of three cats, I still find the irresponsibility of many cat owners disgusting. Mine never leave the house, which accounts for their good health and longevity. In winter. I have neighbor's cats seeking shelter in my crawl space, and mating there due to the cheap owners not having their pets neutered. Few people where I live have dogs, but dog noise can be disturbing. A friend has a Great Dane, whose bark (in the house) can be heard a half block away.
  12. The Catbird's Seat
    Moves
    25 Aug '15 16:54
    There was a movie with Adam Sandler and Kevin James....a comedy, I think it was Grown Ups. A dog in that movie was a non stop barking dog, and....the courts decided that this dog would either be 'put down', or...have it's vocal cords cut. The vocal cords were cut, and the dog's non-stop barking would not be heard by neighbors. For problem dogs, and dog owners, this is a great idea!!!!!
    Neutering, in some cases, minimizes the barking. Any dog can be trained to bark only due to certain stimuli, and not to bark otherwise. Owners don't want the time and trouble of training their dogs.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree