Banner Image Question

Standard memberRemoved
Clans 15 Aug '16 09:51
  1. Account suspended
    Moves
    20 Aug '16 22:04
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    On the Misfits home page I used a blank blue banner to change the black to blue, but I didn't do any blending. If I use another picture, blending will be the way to go. Maybe blending to white near the edges.
    The misfits could do with a little tweaking hear and there, i would of course be willing to help you seeing that my former chessmaster is in your clan.
  2. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    20 Aug '16 22:04
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    it looks awesome on timeforchess although on a wide screen monitor I feel RHP stretches the image a little too much, 1250x 250 would have been better, but ok, maybe there are server restrictions 😀
    On a widescreen, RHP does not change the image. There is no further stretching. That would distort the image. That's why web page designers don't do that.

RHP itself does not fill my screen the way it is.
  3. Account suspended
    Moves
    20 Aug '16 22:071 edit
    On a widescreen, RHP does not change the image. There is no further stretching. That would distort the image. That's why web page designers don't do that.

RHP itself does not fill my screen the way it is.
    It does distort it to an extent. For example in the Easy Riders banner I cannot see the police car chasing the biker on wide screen but when I narrow my browser window it becomes apparent.
  4. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    20 Aug '16 22:15
    The misfits could do with a little tweaking hear and there, i would of course be willing to help you seeing that my former chessmaster is in your clan.
    If you don't mind (and even if you do), my clan, whose motto is "Honesty. Fairness. Integrity.", doesn't want anything to do with the people trying to take down the clan system. You are the antithesis of everything we stand for. I would even tell you to "Go F*** Yourself", but I'm trying to be civil.

“The eternal difference between right and wrong does not fluctuate, it is immutable.”
    ― Patrick Henry
  5. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    20 Aug '16 22:211 edit
    It does distort it to an extent. For example in the Easy Riders banner I cannot see the police car chasing the biker on wide screen but when I narrow my browser window it becomes apparent.
    It doesn't actually distort the image, it is a display problem. I notice that on a widescreen, the way the page displays the banner image, it cuts off the bottom of the image. I edit my banner pictures in such a way as to avoid putting information I don't want lost at the bottom. I'm still not sure exactly how much it cuts off yet.
  6. Account suspended
    Moves
    20 Aug '16 22:32
    If you don't mind (and even if you do), my clan, whose motto is "Honesty. Fairness. Integrity.", doesn't want anything to do with the people trying to take down the clan system. You are the antithesis of everything we stand for. I would even tell you to "Go F*** Yourself", but I'm trying to be civil.

“The eternal difference between right and wrong does not fluctuate, it is immutable.”
    ― Patrick Henry
    Sure, you grasp your self righteousness with both hands if moralising over other people makes you feel more Holy.
  7. Account suspended
    Moves
    20 Aug '16 22:331 edit
    It doesn't actually distort the image, it is a display problem. I notice that on a widescreen, the way the page displays the banner image, it cuts off the bottom of the image. I edit my banner pictures in such a way as to avoid putting information I don't want lost at the bottom. I'm still not sure exactly how much it cuts off yet.
    Sorry you'e blown it, I did not read your text I really have no time for self righteous, holier than thou types.
  8. Subscribershortcircuit
    master of disaster
    funny farm
    Moves
    21 Aug '16 01:07
    Sorry you'e blown it, I did not read your text I really have no time for self righteous, holier than thou types.
    Your stories have more holes in them than a pincushion.
    That is the the only holey you will ever be.
  9. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    21 Aug '16 02:591 edit
    Originally posted by shortcircuit
    Your stories have more holes in them than a pincushion.
    That is the the only holey you will ever be.
    Shortcircuit,
    I completely agree. I think I am just not going to talk with him for at least a week. I need a break away from his foolishness. Perhaps I will take a little vacation. 😉

Regards,
    -VR
  10. Account suspended
    Moves
    21 Aug '16 11:473 edits
    Originally posted by Very Rusty
    Shortcircuit,
    I completely agree. I think I am just not going to talk with him for at least a week. I need a break away from his foolishness. Perhaps I will take a little vacation. 😉

Regards,
    -VR
    Don't go Crusty, you are expandable, we friends! 😵
  11. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    21 Aug '16 13:35
    Good job. Yes, blending works well, I see.
    I think it depends on the colours you have.

I dont use rhp but i use timeforchess and it works well in there 🙂
  12. Account suspended
    Moves
    21 Aug '16 13:58
    Originally posted by Silverstriker
    I think it depends on the colours you have.

I dont use rhp but i use timeforchess and it works well in there 🙂
    Its the greener way to go 😀

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree