1. Subscriber64squaresofpain
    The drunk knight
    Stuck on g1
    Moves
    12 Jan '17 23:05
    How many teams are we expecting to enter these leagues?

For example, right now the 3:7 and 7:14 four-man teams leagues have finished, and so are awaiting entrants for next season.

I was wondering if we could have a push for there to be as many clans as possible entering these? Would be nice to see some interest in keeping these competitive, as I think they are a true barometer of team strength (no challenge system to exploit!)

Would be nice to hear some thoughts from other clans 🙂

Cheers,
  2. Standard memberSmiffy
    SPS CLAN
    Wales
    Moves
    13 Jan '17 06:361 edit
    I like the clan leagues aswell and always enter teams when they are due. My team enjoy them, aswell and get to play different people aswell
  3. Here
    Moves
    13 Jan '17 07:39
    My problem is getting people to enter
    They get fed up with getting thrashed all the time
  4. Subscribervenda
    Dave
    S.Yorks.England
    Moves
    13 Jan '17 12:41
    Originally posted by 64squaresofpain

For example, right now the 3:7 and 7:14 four-man teams leagues have finished, and so are awaiting entrants for next season.

I was wondering if we could have a push for there to be as many clans as possible entering these? Would be nice to see some interest in keeping these competitive, as ...[text shortened]... ge system to exploit!)

Cheers,
    A while ago now a player called Dean, aka therevrsleeker who has now left the site I think campaigned tirelessly to promote the leagues.It was largely due to him that the 4 man competitions started because as padger says a lot of clans don't want to take part and it was easier to recruit 4 players as opposed to 6.
    It probably needs looking at again but if there was some sort of handicap for the strong teams it would possible make it worse.
    Perhaps we could have leagues for low rated clans only in addition to the current set up.
    Unfortunately Russ has far more pressing issues right now so I can't see anything happening soon.
  5. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    13 Jan '17 19:08
    Originally posted by 64squaresofpain

I was wondering if we could have a push for there to be as many clans as possible entering these? Would be nice to see some interest in keeping these competitive, as ...[text shortened]... ge system to exploit!)

Cheers,

I believe the leagues are for higher rated players. Someone around my rating wouldn't stand a prayer in them.

-VR
  6. Subscribervenda
    Dave
    S.Yorks.England
    Moves
    13 Jan '17 19:57
    Another problem with the leagues is the continuity, in that there is no obligation to enter for every season.
    In my experience as a leader, if we managed to scrape together enough volunteers for one season in a specific league there was no guarantee that we would be able to play the next time because members weren't interested in playing.
    This begs the question "what is the point of promotion/relegation and survival in a division if the challenges aren't repeated next season?.
    What about asking for a commitment from clans interested in the leagues?.
    This could be orchestrated by Russ.
    This would mean that if you enter, for example the 6 man 3:7 league one year the clan is automatically enrolled in the following seasons.
    This would at least supply some point to relegation and promotion
    This is what happens in other sports.
    Whoever heard of a football club playing in the championship one year and not bothering the next?
  7. SubscriberMctayto
    Highlander
    Planet Earth
    Moves
    13 Jan '17 20:02
    As previously mentioned, entered teams tend to have top players in the team ie in/around/over 2,000 rating
    This fact alone makes it pointless for clans with top rated players of 1800/1900 ratings as they have lost before they begin.
    The only chance of league system working is if you need 20 man teams
  8. Subscribervenda
    Dave
    S.Yorks.England
    Moves
    13 Jan '17 20:27
    Originally posted by Mctayto
    As previously mentioned, entered teams tend to have top players in the team ie in/around/over 2,000 rating
    This fact alone makes it pointless for clans with top rated players of 1800/1900 ratings as they have lost before they begin.
    The only chance of league system working is if you need 20 man teams
    Not true.
    O.k there may be a top rated player or 2 in a clan but by the very nature of a clan make up ,there'll be low rated players in there as well so the overall result is not certain.
    There's very few clans with 20 active players so that wouldn't work anyway, and are you saying it's pointless Queen of the South for example entering the Scottish football league because they'll never be as good as Glasgow Celtic?
    If there was regular leagues every season each clan would find their natural place in the divisions.
  9. SubscriberMctayto
    Highlander
    Planet Earth
    Moves
    14 Jan '17 00:29
    Originally posted by venda
    Not true.
    O.k there may be a top rated player or 2 in a clan but by the very nature of a clan make up ,there'll be low rated players in there as well so the overall result is not certain.
    There's very few clans with 20 active players so that wouldn't work anyway, and are you saying it's pointless Queen of the South for example entering the Scottish football ...[text shortened]... here was regular leagues every season each clan would find their natural place in the divisions.
    If you check you will find that most clans have 2 reasons for not entering
    1. game load for members - either too high or detracted from clan games
    2. Opposition in leagues was towards top end players - Regardless what you say if only a dozen teams enter and most have most have 2000+ rated players then other clans without the same ratings within their clans are reluctant to send their players to the slaughter
  10. Account suspended
    Moves
    14 Jan '17 00:43
    Originally posted by Mctayto
    If you check you will find that most clans have 2 reasons for not entering
    1. game load for members - either too high or detracted from clan games
    2. Opposition in leagues was towards top end players - Regardless what you say if only a dozen teams enter and most have most have 2000+ rated players then other clans without the same ratings within their clans are reluctant to send their players to the slaughter
    I would never send my players to be slaughtered like cannon fodder.
  11. Joined
    07 Feb '09
    Moves
    14 Jan '17 00:51
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    Except for McTayto and Vespin to play for feeder, I mean fodder clans.
    😀😀😀😀
  12. Subscribervenda
    Dave
    S.Yorks.England
    Moves
    14 Jan '17 09:28
    The best way to improve is to play better players.
    I don't mingd losing if it teaches me something in the process
    Anyway, I've made my points and I've nothing further to say on the subject.
  13. Subscribershortcircuit
    master of disaster
    funny farm
    Moves
    14 Jan '17 14:33
    You mean like clans who conspire to play lopsided challenges they cannot win?
    And then do it 20-30 times a year?
    Yeah, your sainthood has already been dismissed.
  14. Account suspended
    Moves
    14 Jan '17 15:10
    Originally posted by venda
    The best way to improve is to play better players.
    I don't mingd losing if it teaches me something in the process
    Anyway, I've made my points and I've nothing further to say on the subject.
    yes but to play only slightly better players not simply to get slaughtered.
  15. Account suspended
    Moves
    14 Jan '17 15:111 edit
    Originally posted by shortcircuit
    You mean like clans who conspire to play lopsided challenges they cannot win?
    And then do it 20-30 times a year?
    Yeah, your sainthood has already been dismissed.
    If I want to know about sandbaging, dumping challenges, resigning games etc I'll ask you. until then please shut up, you are a windbag of the most gaseous proportions.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree