1. Joined
    30 Nov '14
    Moves
    12 Jul '16 13:14
    Originally posted by roma45
    just find it curious
    you make a big deal about being not offensive, but a few posts in you openly admit to having another account against TOS but we know rules does not bother you
    not content with that you make comments about players intelligence with regards to thumbs, newsflash this is a chess site not a quiz site,
    plus if you have met all those nice p ...[text shortened]... n no personal grief towards you in any way, if you had lots of friends why open another account?
    🙂 It always comes back to why.

I have said nothing against you and won't. I don't know you and won't. I was trying to share ideas. It is about the ideas, not the people. Yes I am repeating myself.

Is there a way to resolve the clan challenge issues? That is what I was asking and want to ask. It is not about me or you. We are anonymous posters with identities that remain unknown and probably for good reason.

Let's fix the problem. What are your ideas? Not throw out the bums. I don't mean that. Real ideas. You are a smart guy right? You have seen the issues with clan challenges over the years that has led to the 4-clan cooperation this year.

"There are seldom good technical solutions to behavior problems" - Ed Crowley

How do we fix the behavior problem. Or maybe there isn't one. Maybe trying to trick clan leaders into taking one-sided challenges is the game and some people are really good at it. What is your opinion? What is your well thought out and considered opinion?

I don't like anonymous thumbs down. I think it takes something away from the forums. I think it makes the forums a worse play to play and visit. I am sure you know people who just make the world a worse place. You work with them and they live on your street.

They are always yelling at their kids in the grocery store or driving way too fast. They are drunk and obnoxious at sporting events and always swearing at the players on the pitch. They make the world a little worse place to be. That is what they offer. I don't want to be that guy. I want to make the world just a little better place to be. A little. A skosh.

That is how I see the anonymous thumbs down. It adds nothing. I just makes this place a little worse. It adds slight and sadness where none is needed.

My clan is recruiting. I have a spot for you. Pay the sub and join my clan and you and I can get to know each other all you want. I might even tell you why.
  2. Subscriberroma45
    st johnstone
    Moves
    12 Jul '16 13:40
    Originally posted by arbeider
    🙂 It always comes back to why.

I have said nothing against you and won't. I don't know you and won't. I was trying to share ideas. It is about the ideas, not the people. Yes I am repeating myself.

Is there a way to resolve the clan challenge issues? That is what I was asking and want to ask. It is not about me or you. We are anonymous posters with ...[text shortened]... d join my clan and you and I can get to know each other all you want. I might even tell you why.
    in my opinion, it's impossible to have all equal challenges on here, clan challenges are the hardest. it is the clans leader to accept or decline the challenge.
    but what is being allowed to go here is way beyond what is equal and fair two clans got suspended last year for the same thing, why is it not happening now? three clans are fixing it, simple solution, remove the points, every time it's as obvious as it is now
    not wanting any player banned,
    the odd unfair challenge will happen but that's life.
    i will re-new when the current fiasco is fixed
  3. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    12 Jul '16 14:363 edits
    in my opinion, it's impossible to have all equal challenges on here, clan challenges are the hardest. it is the clans leader to accept or decline the challenge.
    but what is being allowed to go here is way beyond what is equal and fair two clans got suspended last year for the same thing, why is it not happening now? three clans are fixing it, simple solution ...[text shortened]... dd unfair challenge will happen but that's life.
    Sir,
    In my humble opinion four clans not three, are involved in the collusion. "Easy Riders", Breaking Bad, Anti Metallica, & Arrow. I voted that the people who give the thumbs up/down be specified on who they were.

It was of course Voted Down quickly. Many just want to do the thumbs down or up but don't want their names mentioned, that way they will not be confronted about it. I also, do see that side of it, but think it is a bit on the gutless side personally speaking. ( My own Opinion of course)

By the way I gave you a thumbs up!

Kind Regards,
    Respectfully,
    -VR
  4. Joined
    30 Nov '14
    Moves
    12 Jul '16 14:59
    but what is being allowed to go here is way beyond what is equal and fair two clans got suspended last year for the same thing, why is it not happening now? three clans are fixing it, simple solution ...[text shortened]... dd unfair challenge will happen but that's life.
    Makes sense (to me anyway). When you get the sub come find me and we will get you in the band ♫
  5. Subscriberroma45
    st johnstone
    Moves
    12 Jul '16 15:16
    Makes sense (to me anyway). When you get the sub come find me and we will get you in the band ♫
    will do
    i don't want a revolution on here, just a message sent to those who cheat, make it a waste of their time and money that will put a stop to it.
  6. Subscriberroma45
    st johnstone
    Moves
    12 Jul '16 15:33
    Originally posted by Very Rusty
    Sir,
    In my humble opinion four clans not three, are involved in the collusion. "Easy Riders", Breaking Bad, Anti Metallica, & Arrow. I voted that the people who give the thumbs up/down be specified on who they were.

It was of course Voted Down quickly. Many just want to do the thumbs down or up but don't want their names mentioned, that way they ...[text shortened]... wn Opinion of course)

By the way I gave you a thumbs up!

Kind Regards,
    Respectfully,
    -VR
    a few on here i keep in touch with, like the thumbs to be kept unknown.
    i always post when i thumb down or up. sometimes post without using a thumb.
    some strongly agree or perhaps disagree, but don't wan't robbie or mctayto calling them names or worse have that idiot lemondrop hound them non stop.
    a few rotten apples really don't know how they effect players on here, that's why they get no respect from me.
    i really hope they act that way in real life, karma will catch up with them.

so some of the thumbers want to make it known they disaprove but don't want to get involved with truely spiteful people, last year a really lovely lady on here was taken apart by the pathetic little pack, even posted personal face book details of her on here,
    total little coward, but it makes me understand why people want to be un named

our thumbs downers are easy to figure out, robbie [he does not bother] but lemon follows us about to thumb down, sad little man, the other is mctayto, biggest cheat ever, vespin does as well depending on what account he is currently on.
  7. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    12 Jul '16 16:142 edits
    a few on here i keep in touch with, like the thumbs to be kept unknown.
    i always post when i thumb down or up. sometimes post without using a thumb.
    some strongly agree or perhaps disagree, but don't wan't robbie or mctayto calling them names or worse have that idiot lemondrop hound them non stop.
    a few rotten apples really don't know how they effect play ...[text shortened]... s mctayto, biggest cheat ever, vespin does as well depending on what account he is currently on.
    I do see the reason you would like the thumbs to be kept unknown, for the reasons you've just mentioned. Personally, I just don't care. I figure I can give as good or better
    than they want to throw at me. Just don't want to see this turn into a name calling contest.

They probably would love that, to get the clan forum closed AGAIN, so the collusion points wouldn't keep getting posted and UPDATED!

Kind Regards,
    Sincerely,
    -VR
  8. Subscriberroma45
    st johnstone
    Moves
    12 Jul '16 16:37
    Originally posted by Very Rusty
    I do see the reason you would like the thumbs to be kept unknown, for the reasons you've just mentioned. Personally, I just don't care. I figure I can give as good or better
    than they want to throw at me. Just don't want to see this turn into a name calling contest.

They probably would love that, to get the clan forum closed, so the collusion points wouldn't keep getting posted and UPDATED!

Kind Regards,
    Sincerely,
    -VR
    that is all they have left
    they have been caught, justice must be done on them.
    name calling and pathetic baiting is their last weapon, even that is feeble
  9. Subscriberroma45
    st johnstone
    Moves
    12 Jul '16 20:55
    [b]🙂 It always comes back to why.
    still never answered a simple question here it is again
    if you had many friends on here why come back as someone else?
    would you not want to catch up with them?
  10. Joined
    30 Nov '14
    Moves
    05 Aug '16 03:59
    My chessfriend Jersey Bob is leaving the band to pursue other opportunities. Bob is a class act and will be missed.

One opening available, please inquire within ♫
  11. Joined
    30 Nov '14
    Moves
    17 Aug '16 16:33
    McNamara's Band is an active successful clan looking for a new leader. Please PM me if interested.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree