1. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    05 Jun '17 13:39
    Originally posted by VESPIN
    Oh yeah, live at home and post all day in a chess site. .
    little v.

Good boy, the truth will set you free! 😉

-VR
  2. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    05 Jun '17 14:09
    Originally posted by venda
    You're letting history and personalities influence your judgment my lager drinking friend
    This seems like a fair question to me regardless of who posed it.
    No, Venda. That's mistaken thinking in this instance. It helps to know the mindset of the questioner, and in this instance many of us have the misfortune to know this particular questioner all too well.

The clue lies in the sentence "Because the system gives those games a draw, we lost." He means "...those games as a draw."

The whole long, seemingly innocent query is nothing but a whine because his clan lost and he wanted to win.

That's all there is to it.

This is not an ordinary player. This is a mean-spirited loser with a history of cheating, and of bearing spiteful and personalised grudges against several here. The only mystery is how he has managed to escape Russ's axe ...this time round.

We live in hope.
  3. Here
    Moves
    06 Jun '17 07:30
    Originally posted by Very Rusty
    Padger,

What happened last year was a plan for clans to collude for one reason to beat Metallica. The way it is set up now, once a clan challenge is won, the clan has to move on as only so many challenges can be going on at the same time. If a clan is beat they are beat continuing will not change that fact. I certainly don't have all the answers. I bel ...[text shortened]... being able to play more challenges at one time would be an improvement?
    Just a thought!

-VR
    Apparently you can
    You just cannot challenge the same clan more than 3 times at a go
  4. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    06 Jun '17 13:052 edits
    Originally posted by padger
    Apparently you can
    You just cannot challenge the same clan more than 3 times at a go
    padger,

That does present a problem when many teams will not play our Clan. Do you see my point? I feel every team should have to play every other team at least once during the year. A number could be decided on how many team members to each challenge. Just a suggestion, again I speak for myself not for Metallica.

-VR
  5. Here
    Moves
    06 Jun '17 18:19
    Originally posted by Very Rusty
    padger,

That does present a problem when many teams will not play our Clan. Do you see my point? I feel every team should have to play every other team at least once during the year. A number could be decided on how many team members to each challenge. Just a suggestion, again I speak for myself not for Metallica.

-VR
    I gave you a thumbs up
  6. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    06 Jun '17 22:271 edit
    Originally posted by padger
    I gave you a thumbs up
    padger,

I returned the favour. 😉 Someone keeps giving us both thumbs down it seems.

Me more so that you it appears.

-VR
  7. Subscribervenda
    Dave
    S.Yorks.England
    Moves
    07 Jun '17 09:24
    Originally posted by Startreader
    No, Venda. That's mistaken thinking in this instance. It helps to know the mindset of the questioner, and in this instance many of us have the misfortune to know this particular questioner all too well.

The clue lies in the sentence "Because the system gives those games a draw, we lost." He means "...those games as a draw."

The whole long, seemin ...[text shortened]... only mystery is how he has managed to escape Russ's axe ...this time round.

We live in hope.
    I always see to best in people.
    Some say it's one of my weaknesses.
    I've never encountered the character so maybe you're right.
  8. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    07 Jun '17 21:04
    Originally posted by venda
    I always see to best in people.
    Some say it's one of my weaknesses.
    I've never encountered the character so maybe you're right.
    Dave,

It is good you always give someone the benefit of doubt. Startreader as a rule speaks her mind as I do, and tells it like she sees it. I think that is also a good quality in a person.

-VR

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree