The Prose

Standard memberSurtism
Culture 29 Feb '16 13:27
  1. Blighty
    Moves
    29 Feb '16 13:27
    Hi all, I've recently joined a writing community online at www.theprose.com; it looks at all things written, but mostly the short form arts, poetry, haiku's, flash fiction etc.

It has a few challenges on there, free to enter, with huge prizes ($1 isn't uncommon), and I enjoy it as it allows me to try writing styles new to me, with constructive feedback and with a community feel.

Just in case anyone is interested.
    Kind regards
    Surtism
  2. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    29 Feb '16 14:47
    Originally posted by Surtism
    Hi all, I've recently joined a writing community online at www.theprose.com; it looks at all things written, but mostly the short form arts, poetry, haiku's, flash fiction etc.

It has a few challenges on there, free to enter, with huge prizes ($1 isn't uncommon), and I enjoy it as it allows me to try writing styles new to me, with constructive feedback and with a community feel.

Just in case anyone is interested.
    Kind regards
    Surtism
    What is flash fiction?
  3. Blighty
    Moves
    29 Feb '16 17:02
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    What is flash fiction?
    This is taken from Wiki:

Flash fiction is a style of fictional literature of extreme brevity. There is no widely accepted definition of the length of the category. Some self-described markets for flash fiction impose caps as low as fifty three words, while others consider stories as long as a thousand words to be flash fiction.

Basically micro-stories, but not necessary poems,
  4. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    03 Mar '16 05:48
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    What is flash fiction?
    It's when an entire story is told in the briefest, most compact way possible. These stories can be very exciting when done right.
  5. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    03 Mar '16 16:421 edit
    Originally posted by vivify
    It's when an entire story is told in the briefest, most compact way possible. These stories can be very exciting when done right.
    Ah. 'Help me, help me, the heroine cried, I'm tied to this train track and a train is coming'
    Her hero Ben rode his horse and quickly untied her and they rode off into the sunset.
    "My hero" she said.

Arggh, too short, only 38 words🙂
  6. Standard memberBigDogg
    Secret RHP coder
    on the payroll
    Moves
    05 Mar '16 19:27
    Originally posted by vivify
    The most compact way possible=====>> "Stuff happened. The end."

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree