1. Standard memberapathist
    looking for loot
    western colorado
    Moves
    27 Apr '17 01:402 edits
    A lot of fun movies, but the actor is a scientologist. Let's call that even.

But Cruise cannot be Jack Reacher, WTF is wrong with everyone who thinks otherwise.
  2. Standard memberapathist
    looking for loot
    western colorado
    Moves
    27 Apr '17 01:47
    6'2, 240lbs, slab muscles and gorilla arms. Not a pretty face. Wtf kinda casting agent sends cruise that way.
  3. The World
    Moves
    27 Apr '17 12:26
    He cast himself as he has the rights. It's all about the star pulling power and money.

I didn't like the first film 'Reacher', not because it starred Tom Cruise as the big man, but because it failed to portray his morality accurately, oh and had him driving a car. I've not seen the second one yet, but will give it a look when it appears on Netflix/Amazon/TV.

Who would you have cast? I thought Liam Neeson could work, right age, build, action pedigree, and a nose broken multiple times from being a boxer.
  4. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    27 Apr '17 23:59
    Originally posted by Paul A Roberts
    He cast himself as he has the rights. It's all about the star pulling power and money.

I didn't like the first film 'Reacher', not because it starred Tom Cruise as the big man, but because it failed to portray his morality accurately, oh and had him driving a car. I've not seen the second one yet, but will give it a look when it appears on Netf ...[text shortened]... ld work, right age, build, action pedigree, and a nose broken multiple times from being a boxer.
    Any one but Cruise. Isn't he like 5'2" not 6'2" ?
  5. Standard memberapathist
    looking for loot
    western colorado
    Moves
    28 Apr '17 02:20
    Originally posted by Paul A Roberts
    I didn't like the first film 'Reacher', not because it starred Tom Cruise as the big man, but because it failed to portray his morality accurately, oh and had him driving a car. ...
    I know he had no drivers license, but didn't he drive in the books?

What do you mean about his morality?
  6. Standard memberapathist
    looking for loot
    western colorado
    Moves
    28 Apr '17 02:23
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    Any one but Cruise. Isn't he like 5'2" not 6'2" ?
    A bit over five and a half. Google who should play jack reacher, and it seems I didn't invent this issue. Btw here is something on the subject from the author!

http://www.signature-reads.com/2012/12/lee-child-on-tom-cruise-jack-reacher-and-passing-the-baton/
  7. Standard memberapathist
    looking for loot
    western colorado
    Moves
    28 Apr '17 02:251 edit
    I seem to remember the cop tossing the toothbrush into the trashcan. Was that Child?
  8. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    06 Jun '17 17:27
    Originally posted by apathist
    A bit over five and a half. Google who should play jack reacher, and it seems I didn't invent this issue. Btw here is something on the subject from the author!

http://www.signature-reads.com/2012/12/lee-child-on-tom-cruise-jack-reacher-and-passing-the-baton/
    I vote for carrot top!

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree