1. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    23 Apr '17 19:14
    Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
    Count again Sherlock. Before my post there were only 5. 😵
    Did you really just invoke the royal "my"?
    You cannot be the mind behind the mind: trees make noises when they fall, regardless.
    You were #6.
  2. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Taken by aliens
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    23 Apr '17 19:22
    Originally posted by FreakyKBH
    You cannot be the mind behind the mind: trees make noises when they fall, regardless.
    You were #6.
    I was the narrator. The narrator stands outside of the space time continuum.
  3. Cape Town
    Moves
    23 Apr '17 19:241 edit
    Originally posted by Eladar
    We are talking adults here.

Everyone in my family, including my children, know how to change a light bulb.

Pretty helpless adult who must rely on others to change a light bulb.
    How often do you change bulbs?
    I am sure most people could change a bulb, what I am saying that it is not unusual for families to divide up such tasks so that some members simply never have to. The stat that surprised me in the OP was the number who know how to change a tyre on a car (or say they know). I know several women who can't drive, and even more that have never changed a tyre.
  4. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    23 Apr '17 19:37
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    How often do you change bulbs?
    I am sure most people could change a bulb, what I am saying that it is not unusual for families to divide up such tasks so that some members simply never have to. The stat that surprised me in the OP was the number who know how to change a tyre on a car (or say they know). I know several women who can't drive, and even more that have never changed a tyre.
    Women are helpless are they not?
  5. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    23 Apr '17 20:27
    I was the narrator. The narrator stands outside of the space time continuum.
    And the paper clip only holds the papers, right?
  6. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    24 Apr '17 00:40
    You were #6.
    Please explain how being number 6 in line does not mean that there are 5 people in front of you.

Except on a flat earth.
  7. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    24 Apr '17 02:39
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    Please explain how being number 6 in line does not mean that there are 5 people in front of you.

Except on a flat earth.
    "This thread."
    It's not possible to post a comment on the thread and not be a poster on the thread.

This isn't rocket science.
  8. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    24 Apr '17 12:26
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    To be sure, buying a light bulb is much harder than changing it. My house has a mix of screw fittings and bayonet fittings and I have always forgotten which I need by the time I get to the shop. In addition there is a wide range of choice in terms of brightness and colour.
    But then the new florescent and LED bulbs last so long its not exactly a common chore.
    Then there is the problem of line voltage, 110, 220, and more. Put a 110 bulb in a 220 socket, poof.
  9. Cape Town
    Moves
    24 Apr '17 12:34
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    Then there is the problem of line voltage, 110, 220, and more. Put a 110 bulb in a 220 socket, poof.
    Well hopefully, they won't be selling the wrong type around here. But I have blown a PC power supply or two in my time.
    12V bulbs can be found, but they have different fittings.
    Florescent tubes can also be a problem. They come different lengths which aren't perfectly standardised. My aquarium needs ones that are about a centimetre shorter than the ones found in the shops. Probably China has a different standard.
    Then there are plugs.
  10. Standard memberfinnegan
    GENS UNA SUMUS
    Moves
    29 Apr '17 23:00
    We are talking adults here.

Everyone in my family, including my children, know how to change a light bulb.

Pretty helpless adult who must rely on others to change a light bulb.
    "Dad!! My bulb's gone."
  11. Standard memberDeepThought
    Losing the Thread
    Quarantined World
    Moves
    29 Apr '17 23:17
    You were #6.
    Normally it is the Royal "we", so in the possessive case, the Royal "our".
  12. Joined
    29 Mar '09
    Moves
    30 Apr '17 02:21
    https://www.studyfinds.org/change-lightbulb-household-chores-study/

How can this be?
    The people of Poland have come up with a workable solution, albeit very inefficient at that. They have one person holding the bulb to the socket and two others turning the ladder. It seems the people of the UK are not quite of the same calibre intellectually as the Poles. Blimey!! The lights out and how do those engineers expect us to put a bulb in the socket with all those bloody ridges in the socket and the end of the bulb?
  13. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    30 Apr '17 02:29
    Originally posted by DeepThought
    Normally it is the Royal "we", so in the possessive case, the Royal "our".
    Hard to keep up with those rules.
    If they'd put half as much effort into dental care as they do into arcane royal bylaws, they wouldn't look like the 'before' pictures for orthodontist ads.
  14. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    30 Apr '17 03:11
    1 in 5 of the posters in this thread is exceptionally gullible.
    Here is a little known fact, if you say gullible slowly it sounds like you are saying orange.
  15. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    30 Apr '17 11:49
    How many at RHP does it take to change a light bulb. It takes at least 3.

It takes one to suggest that a light bulb needs changed, it takes another to declare that the former person is lying because it works just fine, and yet another to suggest that that light bulbs are but an illusion and don't really exist.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree