1. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    12 Feb '16 13:461 edit
    http://dailycaller.com/2015/07/06/bernie-sanders-says-real-unemployment-rate-is-actually-10-5-percent-double-the-official-rate-video/

Bernie says that the Federal government is intentionally misleading us, that is, when it comes to the real unemployment numbers. Bernie says that the real unemployment rate is double what the liar in chief says it is.
  2. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    12 Feb '16 13:471 edit
    Bernie has also indicated that the election system is "rigged".

Who here agrees?

If so, how does he hope to win?
  3. The Catbird's Seat
    Moves
    12 Feb '16 13:50
    Originally posted by whodey
    Bernie has also indicated that the election system is "rigged".

Who here agrees?

If so, how does he hope to win?
    Bernie is right. I don't know about his solutions.
  4. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    12 Feb '16 13:531 edit
    Originally posted by normbenign
    Bernie is right. I don't know about his solutions.
    I think it is to empower the federal government more.

Higher taxes, increased government control of health care, and the death of the private sector should be enough to finish us all off I think.

Most days I just sit screaming at the TV, "Finish it!!"
  5. Standard memberbill718
    Enigma
    Seattle
    Moves
    14 Feb '16 22:56
    I think it is to empower the federal government more.

Higher taxes, increased government control of health care, and the death of the private sector should be enough to finish us all off I think.

Most days I just sit screaming at the TV, "Finish it!!"
    Whodey - You might consider:

* Higher Taxes? - Americans pay less in taxes than many other countries. American Corporations have more offshore tax havens than Ronald Reagan had wrinkles.

* Increased government control of Healthcare? - Most 1st world countries have nationalized health care.

* Death of the private sector???? - There are over 18 million business in America (including mine!) and more start up's everyday. I wouldn't call that the "death" of the private sector.

What have you been smoking? 🙄

http://dmdatabases.com/databases/business-mailing-lists/how-many-businesses
  6. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    14 Feb '16 23:10
    http://dailycaller.com/2015/07/06/bernie-sanders-says-real-unemployment-rate-is-actually-10-5-percent-double-the-official-rate-video/

Bernie says that the Federal government is intentionally misleading us, that is, when it comes to the real unemployment numbers. Bernie says that the real unemployment rate is double what the liar in chief says it is.
    You are being dishonest as usual.

Bernie is not claiming that Obama is lying about the unemployment figures. He is saying that if you include discouraged workers and involuntary part-time workers, you'd have a higher unemployment figure. But those categories have never been included in the unemployment figures; that did not start with Obama as right wing nutcases try to imply.

Bernie is correct in that the nation needs to find greater employment opportunities for those discouraged or working part-time who would prefer to work full time. But he is not saying "the Federal government is intentionally misleading us" about it; he quotes Federal government reports for his claims!
  7. Joined
    04 Apr '09
    Moves
    15 Feb '16 13:58
    I don't think there is any doubt that the system is rigged. How can Bernie beat Hillary by 20+ point in NH and they both get the same number of delegates? Listening to DWS explain this was comical.
  8. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    15 Feb '16 14:30
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    You are being dishonest as usual.

Bernie is not claiming that Obama is lying about the unemployment figures. He is saying that if you include discouraged workers and involuntary part-time workers, you'd have a higher unemployment figure. But those categories have never been included in the unemployment figures; that did not start with Obama as right w ...[text shortened]... t is intentionally misleading us" about it; he quotes Federal government reports for his claims!
    In other words, Bernie is saying that Obama is using employment figures to make the employment picture better than it actually is.

Would you call this at least misleading or is it beyond your partisan shill capacity to do so?
  9. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    15 Feb '16 14:32
    Originally posted by bob58
    I don't think there is any doubt that the system is rigged. How can Bernie beat Hillary by 20+ point in NH and they both get the same number of delegates? Listening to DWS explain this was comical.
    Hillary actually won the popular vote in her own party against Obama, but the delegates gave it to Obama.

There is nothing democratic about the democratic process for choosing a President.

Should we be shocked? 😲
  10. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    15 Feb '16 15:04
    In other words, Bernie is saying that Obama is using employment figures to make the employment picture better than it actually is.

Would you call this at least misleading or is it beyond your partisan shill capacity to do so?
    No, he isn't. Please read my post above for further clarification.
  11. Germany
    Moves
    15 Feb '16 15:10

The Obama administration is citing the same figure that has been used and has been calculated in the same way for decades.

Bernie is saying that people who want to work (more) should be able to find (more) work.

Have you considered taking some English classes?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree